Entry Time Slot - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Entry Time Slot

podgers1903

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

As far as my councillor mate knows there should be food and drink stalls in the stadium as normal with markings and arrows on the floor for social distancing reasons and he hasn’t heard of anything to the contrary. There is a meeting about the fan zone at Glasgow Green next week but that’s all he can see.

He did say just because he doesn’t know doesn’t mean it’s not true but that bottles wouldn’t be allowed in the stadium so that part of it least shouldn’t be true. He’s going to ask some questions and get back to me but it will probably be Monday. 

Seems that it could be true.

https://twitter.com/TartanArmyGroup/status/1401176486120505349?s=20

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

The Sun reporting it now but only with the same source. Not that I trust the sun but you’d hope they’d have done some sort of check before running it.

There will be an uproar if it goes ahead. 

24 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

The Sun reporting it now but only with the same source. Not that I trust the sun but you’d hope they’d have done some sort of check before running it.

The link I posted earlier wasnt the same source that  I heard from last night, but I imagine it has all stemmed from the same source. 
I cannot see how they can possibly expect to get away with this. If true , it sounds like the authorities are putting these games on through gritted teeth. If they didnt want to host the matches they should have declined 2 months ago.,

On 6/5/2021 at 1:49 PM, Texas Pete said:

This is from the ticket FAQs in the website. It seems to suggest you can keep your tickets on the one phone as long as you are using the same turnstile. 

You shouldn’t need to pass your phone through the turnstile. Just hand it back to your husband immediately after you scan it and then go through. 

I’m sure the stewards will help you if there’s an issue. You won’t be the only person in this position I’m sure. 

A9EB19AD-6D7C-417E-A3EF-F82A22553F07.jpeg

Enlightening response from UEFA 🙄😂

98FF059C-56CD-43A9-A433-18BCDF0FF37A.jpeg.d6643a207b9a4f863aa6c110e9206728.jpeg

7 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Mark Walker is the writer - he is freelance and a good guy, so will have done his due diligence. 

What happens when everyone needs to pee at half time? Do we have an entry slot to gain access to the toilets. Do you have to pee 1.5 metres away from the next person?

24 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

You can’t transfer tickets bought using access codes. 

Oh yea, I just assumed the fact that it wasn’t on her husbands phone meant it was a ballot ticket not an SSC ticket. 

J

8 hours ago, Bristolhibby said:

Oh yea, I just assumed the fact that it wasn’t on her husbands phone meant it was a ballot ticket not an SSC ticket. 

J

No, he was unable to buy his at the time the tickets came on sale and there was only 130 tickets left, so he emailed me his link and I bought it. I thoughtI  would need to sign into his uefa account before the purchase and it would be applied to that account,  but it just automatically added the ticket to my account  , even though I bought the tickets in 2 individual purchases. 

19 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

This is crazy! I have a time slot 17:00-17:30 for the Croatia game. Taking my son with me (who incidentally does not have a phone, so I will be using mine for both of us) so no way I am not taking food in with me.

Can't believe I was hopeful for a beer, and now I am just grateful for a pie.

I wonder how this experience will compare to when we qualify for Qatar....

To be honest...  I understand completely the concerns of fans with health issues that are worried about having no kiosk.

However for the vast majority is it that big a deal to take in a capri sun and a bag of mccoys if you're needing something that badly. It's 5 hours. We all go 5 hours from lunch to dinner most days. 

Yes they should be open, yes it's silly they're closed but the furore on social media makes almost no sense to me. 

We are going to an actual football match. If you'd told me that Scotland would qualify, be playing at Hampden and I'd be there for all 3 matches I'd have taken 3 months in solitary confinement at Barlinnie to watch it. Never mind 2/3 hours wandering around Hampden taking it all in. 

A bit of perspective perhaps. 

Edited by GaryWood34

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

No, he was unable to buy his at the time the tickets came on sale and there was only 130 tickets left, so he emailed me his link and I bought it. I thoughtI  would need to sign into his uefa account before the purchase and it would be applied to that account,  but it just automatically added the ticket to my account  , even though I bought the tickets in 2 individual purchases. 

It's important to establish blame beforehand, in order to avoid an ugly embarrassing scene at the turnstyle. 

I have encountered this entry and exit fiasco once before - with Partick Pete at the 2006 African Nations Cup final in Cairo. We left the hotel at 13:00 for an 18:00 kick-off. The game went to extra-time and penalties.  As if that was not bad enough we had to remain inside the stadium until Hosni Mubarak's helicopter had departed, more than an hour later. It was almost 11 hours after we had left the hotel before we had out first post-match beer!

14 minutes ago, VASCO said:

I have encountered this entry and exit fiasco once before - with Partick Pete at the 2006 African Nations Cup final in Cairo. We left the hotel at 13:00 for an 18:00 kick-off. The game went to extra-time and penalties.  As if that was not bad enough we had to remain inside the stadium until Hosni Mubarak's helicopter had departed, more than an hour later. It was almost 11 hours after we had left the hotel before we had out first post-match beer!

I hope it was one of those "quite decent for a nil nil" games?:lol:

50 minutes ago, GaryWood34 said:

To be honest...  I understand completely the concerns of fans with health issues that are worried about having no kiosk.

However for the vast majority is it that big a deal to take in a capri sun and a bag of mccoys if you're needing something that badly. It's 5 hours. We all go 5 hours from lunch to dinner most days. 

Yes they should be open, yes it's silly they're closed but the furore on social media makes almost no sense to me. 

We are going to an actual football match. If you'd told me that Scotland would qualify, be playing at Hampden and I'd be there for all 3 matches I'd have taken 3 months in solitary confinement at Barlinnie to watch it. Never mind 2/3 hours wandering around Hampden taking it all in. 

A bit of perspective perhaps. 

That is fine if we are allowed to take stuff in, but my understanding is that we cant take anything in either. 

Capri Sun eh ? Not at all suspicious 😎

40 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

It's important to establish blame beforehand, in order to avoid an ugly embarrassing scene at the turnstyle. 

😂 darn tootin it is. We might actually  be the pre match entertainment . 

i presume with social distance, there wont be much 'patting down' of fans.

would you agree to someone else patting you down in current circumstances,?

they probably wont want to do it either.

I think the sneaking in of a wee Capri Sun would be achievable   😉

2 minutes ago, stocky said:

i presume with social distance, there wont be much 'patting down' of fans.

would you agree to someone else patting you down in current circumstances,?

they probably wont want to do it either.

I think the sneaking in of a wee Capri Sun would be achievable   😉

Yeah but a jobsworth steward/copper might have something to say if they see you sooking on your Capri Sun.