Entry Time Slot - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Entry Time Slot

podgers1903

Re time slots, most European fans seem turn up earlier for games...It is more home nations thing, fans that rock up 10 mins before kick off after a sesh... Re Wembley, the concourses are huge, and catering used to 90k crowds...piece of cake 22k....For Czech home game, nice breakfast and beer or two then 12ish arrival...After glorious 96th min victory, Glasgow city centre could be fun. Especially as we will heading back there 4pm....

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I think they must be able to activate the ticket out with your time slot else they would need to clearly specify that rather than use words like ‘strongly advise’.
There will be situations where people  have a really valid reason for being late , so there has to be some sort of flexibility . Not that I am saying everyone should turn up at 1.30 pm right enough. 

You’d think so but they might need approval from a supervisor or something and it might be a hassle. 

I’m probably looking into it too much but I have a feeling it’s going to be a rammy. 

Most people will probably turn up at the last possible minute of their slot so there will be queues on the hour and at half past which will only be worse if a lot of people don’t turn up during their slots. Not that queuing are Hampden is unusual but if they are trying to avoid queues I’m not sure they’re going to achieve it. 

I have emailed Uefa on the matter, this is the reply i got

Time slots cannot be changed, It is highly recommended that fabs respect time slots assigned to them, so as to respect sanitary measures and avoid long queues and crows,

But if you arrive at a different time, you will still be allowed to enter the stadium.

2 hours ago, podgers1903 said:

Time slots cannot be changed, It is highly recommended that fabs respect time slots assigned to them, so as to respect sanitary measures and avoid long queues and crows,

But if you arrive at a different time, you will still be allowed to enter the stadium.

Well that’s just made my 11am entry time a whole lot more appealing. 1.30 it is

2 hours ago, podgers1903 said:

Not that I don’t trust you mate and I know you’d have absolutely no reason to lie - but could I just see the whole email with the footer included? The typos just make me a bit on edge and would preferably not like to be in at 11am but would also not like to be refused entry

48 minutes ago, Jamessm238 said:

Not that I don’t trust you mate and I know you’d have absolutely no reason to lie - but could I just see the whole email with the footer included? The typos just make me a bit on edge and would preferably not like to be in at 11am but would also not like to be refused entry

The typos are the one thing that reassures  me it is genuine 🙂

3 hours ago, Jamessm238 said:

What do you prioritise more...a pint or guaranteed entry to our first game at a major tournament in 23 years.

I really hope our idiot fans dont all turn up 30 mins before KO and shaft the fans with legitimate entry times. And I say that as somebody with an entry time 3hrs before KO for one of the games.

17 minutes ago, jailender said:

As the rules for the fan-zones in Glasgow are table service of alcohol only, I can't see there being normal stalls selling drink

7 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Given the Scot Gov dont allow it to be sold inside, good luck getting it right outside hampden. 

I thought there had been a discussion about the possibility of this happening . Must have picked it up wrong. Or dreamt it.

Will need to spend the next week sewing secret compartments into my handbag in that case. 

31 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

What do you prioritise more...a pint or guaranteed entry to our first game at a major tournament in 23 years.

I really hope our idiot fans dont all turn up 30 mins before KO and shaft the fans with legitimate entry times. And I say that as somebody with an entry time 3hrs before KO for one of the games.

You must admit 3 hours before entry time is an absolute joke and unnecessary? Even if 12000 people turned up between 1-1.30 they’d have absolutely no bother getting everyone in. They manage to get 45k+ people into hampden within an hour when we played england and Slovakia, So even if 1/4 of the turnstiles are open they’ll not struggle in the slightest. UEFA just don’t want too many people standing close to each other in the queue hence the ridiculous entry times

9 minutes ago, Jamessm238 said:

You must admit 3 hours before entry time is an absolute joke and unnecessary? Even if 12000 people turned up between 1-1.30 they’d have absolutely no bother getting everyone in. They manage to get 45k+ people into hampden within an hour when we played england and Slovakia, So even if 1/4 of the turnstiles are open they’ll not struggle in the slightest. UEFA just don’t want too many people standing close to each other in the queue hence the ridiculous entry times

Don’t think it’s just UEFA. I doubt the Scottish government or Glasgow city council want packed trains and buses an hour before kick off. 

46 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I was thinking that earlier. People with entry times 30 mins before kick off will be expecting to turn up and get in with no hassle but instead they’ll probably turn up to long queues of pished people who were meant to be inside at least an hour earlier. 

Fair enough if you’ve got a genuine reason like traveling from up north or England or whatever but I think the rest of us should just bite the bullet and turn up when we’re meant to. 

29 minutes ago, Jamessm238 said:

Its not a case of just showing a ticket is it though? And theres safety reasons for the staggered times.

England and Slovakia weren't in a fucking pandemic. 

Not sure why you are even comparing. 

4 hours ago, Jamessm238 said:

I re typed the email myself hence the odd spelling error, but that was word for word, how do you upload a screen shot and i'll upload it

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Its not about prioritising a pint,

its about what time our bus arrives in Glasgow, as i said earlier its not as simple as just getting the bus to leave an hour earlier, drivers have tachographs they need to abide too.

But am sure since you advised on here that the bus should leave earlier then that will be ok

22 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Its not a case of just showing a ticket is it though? And theres safety reasons for the staggered times.

England and Slovakia weren't in a fucking pandemic. 

Not sure why you are even comparing. 

I mean it literally as you’ve described. Show your ticket to the steward whom taps it then you tap it at the turnstile. It’s probably easier than when there’s an actual member ripping part of it off and handing it back to you through a tiny screen.