Entry Time Slot - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Entry Time Slot

podgers1903

2 hours ago, rOsCo2 said:

Considering the uncertainty and restriction in pubs I wonder what would happen if you tried to get in on an earlier time slot so you could enjoy a couple of watered down pints?

How would you go about doing that? Just turning up early you mean? Or requesting an earlier slot? I would imagine the stewards would turn you away if you turned up early.

I doubt UEFA will entertain any requests as they would get inundated with people wanting to change. 

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Dave78 said:

If there's no beer at Hampden, then to be entirely covid-safe in my seat during the long wait, I plan on bringing a wee bottle of alcohol 'hand sanitizer' with me.  :ok:

Better make sure you don’t use too much sanitizer or you might need to leave your seat and go for a pish. 

11-11.30 entry for the czech game. Anyone got any sneaky tactics of getting drink in? Thinking a mid size hand sanitizer filled with vodka and getting soft drinks in there due to the potential there might be a frisk search on the day. Or there may be no search due to fear of covid?

6 minutes ago, Jamessm238 said:

11-11.30 entry for the czech game. Anyone got any sneaky tactics of getting drink in? Thinking a mid size hand sanitizer filled with vodka and getting soft drinks in there due to the potential there might be a frisk search on the day. Or there may be no search due to fear of covid?

I was thinking of sneaking a hip flask in but was a little wary of potentially getting caught,  but i never even thought of the fact with all these restrictions how can they expect to pat down 12,000 that steward could have touched 300 people before i enter and i ain't to comfortable with that.

2 minutes ago, Mushet84 said:

I was thinking of sneaking a hip flask in but was a little wary of potentially getting caught,  but i never even thought of the fact with all these restrictions how can they expect to pat down 12,000 that steward could have touched 300 people before i enter and i ain't to comfortable with that.

Sure I read they'll have the wand type metal detectors that you see in airports so they don't need to touch anyone 

20 hours ago, jailender said:

I think people's expectations of the "bar" service might be on the high side. It won't be the usual set up.

Every time I’ve been at Hampden and there’s a bar, it’s normally pitchside and I’m storting aboot trying to find where Eoin Jess did keepy ups in front of gascoigne. 

26 minutes ago, Mushet84 said:

Get an asbestos sporran and stick yir flask in there..👍😆🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

18 hours ago, runningtings said:

For those of us with a ridiculously earlier time slot for Wembley, I wonder if they will put the Czech Croatia game on the big screen or something.

You’d think they would but who knows? Tweet/email UEFA and suggest it. 😂

2 hours ago, Jamessm238 said:

Surely the stewards can’t come within 1.5 metres (or whatever the distance is now)?

If they are going to use metal detectors as someone else suggested then a plastic bottle would be fine I guess. Or you could just go a few hours without booze I suppose? 😂

48 minutes ago, Brian Hanley said:

Anyone know anything about exiting after the game. Is this in slots. I have tickets for Croatia v Czech Republic at hampden but want to be home for Scotland game

Looks like they haven’t worked that out yet. 

51C9DD3D-CF40-4262-BAEA-1062A4619078.jpeg

Got the earliest entry slots for both games, which is far from ideal especially as we’re travelling from Aberdeen on the day and so for the Czech game we’ll be hard pushed to make the slot even if we wanted to. 

Current thinking is to turn up at 1230 and chance our arm. I’d actually rather miss the first half an hour than sit in Hampden, 4 seats away from any other human, for three hours before kick off.  

I would really like it if Hampden or UEFA would confirm what there will be to do in the ground or what entertainment will be on. 

Even smuggling in a drink is hardly a compelling option as drinking through boredom is a recipe for disaster.

I understand there needs to be staggered entry, and I have just been one of the unlucky ones, but I’d really like to think something will be done to try to keep fans’ spirits up.

23 minutes ago, G1983 said:

I would really like it if Hampden or UEFA would confirm what there will be to do in the ground or what entertainment will be on. 

Even smuggling in a drink is hardly a compelling option as drinking through boredom is a recipe for disaster.

I understand there needs to be staggered entry, and I have es, but I’d really like to think something will be done to try to keep fans’ spirits up.

Yeah, even if there was just something in place on the concourses for example such as highlights of other games but I imagine their thinking is that we should all stay in our allocated seats so I guess anything in terms if entertainment would be limited to the pitch/track or the screens

Edited by in5omniac

Same as you G1983, we are meant to enter the ground after 11am. Football is meant to be a good day out .Sitting for 3 hours on my own with a mask on sipping a £2.50 bottle of water looking round an empty ground is not very enticing , even if I was able to make it up from the Borders on time by bus ,train and taxi . Would I get in if I missed my slot and turned up at the ground at 12?

I have no knowledge of this, so could be talking utter nonsense. I’d guess the security/entry people will be gig workers on a zero hours contract, who won’t be interested in arguing with people about entry times.

Entering the stadium 3 hours before kick off is an utter farce. 

13 minutes ago, p gala ta said:

Same as you G1983, we are meant to enter the ground after 11am. Football is meant to be a good day out .Sitting for 3 hours on my own with a mask on sipping a £2.50 bottle of water looking round an empty ground is not very enticing , even if I was able to make it up from the Borders on time by bus ,train and taxi . Would I get in if I missed my slot and turned up at the ground at 12?

All the UEFA website states is they “strongly recommend” the entry times are followed. No mention of what happens if you are late. 

My guess would be if there is no queue they would let you in and if there’s a queue they’ll tell you to go away and come back when there isn’t a queue, potentially after the game has started. 

I doubt you wouldn’t get in at all but I suppose it’s a possibility. 

6A4E5D51-718D-4C01-95B9-1C413784E13F.jpeg

6 minutes ago, kumnio said:

I have no knowledge of this, so could be talking utter nonsense. I’d guess the security/entry people will be gig workers on a zero hours contract, who won’t be interested in arguing with people about entry times.

Yeah it’s taking the piss really, especially with stadiums only being a quarter full. Anyone who is in the stadium for three hours before kick off will be wanting to go home by the time the game starts. 

1.5 hours would be just about bearable I think but any more than that, especially with no beer available, would be torture for most people. 

14 minutes ago, kumnio said:

And as far as the stewards go yeah some of them likely won’t give a shit especially if you give them a sob story about why you are late but you will get jobsworths that will stick to the letter of the law. 

The other issue is will they be able to activate your ticket outside of your entry window? I doubt the tech they will use will be that sophisticated but who knows? 

It all sounds like a shambles in the making. Guaranteed to be hundreds of pished folk turning up late. 

24 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Yeah it’s taking the piss really, especially with stadiums only being a quarter full. Anyone who is in the stadium for three hours before kick off will be wanting to go home by the time the game starts. 

1.5 hours would be just about bearable I think but any more than that, especially with no beer available, would be torture for most people. 

Agree. i would be happy going in, for 12.30pm but we have the 11 to 11.30am time slot and no idea what meant to do for at least 2.5 hours. 

Uefa website says they 'strongly recommend' you stick to your timeslot. No mention of not sticking to your slot meaning you wont get in but still feels a risk.

Appreciate lot of folk dont have tickets and that we are still in midst of pandemic but 2.5 to 3 hours before a game seems over the top.

9 minutes ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

Agree. i would be happy going in, for 12.30pm but we have the 11 to 11.30am time slot and no idea what meant to do for at least 2.5 hours. 

Uefa website says they 'strongly recommend' you stick to your timeslot. No mention of not sticking to your slot meaning you wont get in but still feels a risk.

Appreciate lot of folk dont have tickets and that we are still in midst of pandemic but 2.5 to 3 hours before a game seems over the top.

Yeah there will be people with no tickets that would happy to be in our position so I don’t want to moan about it too much but it’s not going to be a pleasant experience. I am actually lucky with the Czech game as my entry is 1230-1300 but I am 1700-1730 for the other two. 

I live in Glasgow and will be in London the day before the England game so I can’t really complain at all I suppose. I’ll just need to be bored and like it. 

8 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

And as far as the stewards go yeah some of them likely won’t give a shit especially if you give them a sob story about why you are late but you will get jobsworths that will stick to the letter of the law. 

The other issue is will they be able to activate your ticket outside of your entry window? I doubt the tech they will use will be that sophisticated but who knows? 

It all sounds like a shambles in the making. Guaranteed to be hundreds of pished folk turning up late. 

I think they must be able to activate the ticket out with your time slot else they would need to clearly specify that rather than use words like ‘strongly advise’.
There will be situations where people  have a really valid reason for being late , so there has to be some sort of flexibility . Not that I am saying everyone should turn up at 1.30 pm right enough. 

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I think they must be able to activate the ticket out with your time slot else they would need to clearly specify that rather than use words like ‘strongly advise’.
There will be situations where people  have a really valid reason for being late , so there has to be some sort of flexibility . Not that I am saying everyone should turn up at 1.30 pm right enough. 

Yeah. My guess is the most they would do if you miss your time slot is to say that you have to wait if its busy and they'll let you through when it's quieter. I strongly doubt even that will happen though. 

I would imagine that most people will be going to the stadium at the end of their entry window, especially the early ones to minimise the amount of time waiting in the ground.

Depending on where they activate your ticket they could well have queues of people who joined within their window but don't get to the front until it has passed.

I think as long as you're close to your allocated entry time then you'll be fine. The only issues may arise if you're a couple of hours out and they may them prioritise people who are arriving within their allocated time.

On the flip side of this, it will be really frustrating for those with `lucky` time slots if the queues are large due to all the early slots appearing late and they miss ko.

My tickets for Hampden are 13:00-13:30 and 17:00-17:30 so i have both ends of the spectrum! 

Edited by rOsCo2