Entry Time Slot - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Entry Time Slot

podgers1903

1 hour ago, Rents said:

I was under the impression that any game under UEFA Jurisdiction is unable to sell Alcohol within the stadium? 

UEFA changed their rules a few years ago. Alcohol is available at all UEFA matches (including Champions League and Euro 2020 matches etc) depending on local legislation. 

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

I’m 1230-1300 for the Czech game so can’t complain about that. It’s the first game at a Hampden so I’m expecting things to wrong and for there to be delays anyway.

1700-1730 for the other 2 games though. Fine for Wembley as we can get an overpriced cup of warm lager but sitting in  Hampden for 2.5 hours before kick off will be a pain. Especially if we are already out of the tournament. 

Jeezo, that is a bummer of an entry time for Croatia. Will be bearable if we are still in with a chance of going through as the excitement will be immense, but not so if its a dead rubber.

You might need to turn to Bono79 for some crafty smuggling tips 😈  I would hope they have some entertainment on as they surely cant expect folk to be staring at a pitch for 2 1/2 hrs in an empty stadium .  

We will no doubt be the OAPs holding you up at the turnstiles at the Czech game, having a domestic as none of us work out Bluetooth.

18 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

UEFA changed their rules a few years ago. Alcohol is available at all UEFA matches (including Champions League and Euro 2020 matches etc) depending on local legislation. 

You would think the SG could make a special licence as an exception for the Euros. I realise that Scotland has an unhealthy relationship with alcohol but there are only going to be 12k fans in the ground and its a special tournament. Its like we are getting treated like kids.

Its not the end of the world to have no alcohol , and I realise there may be concern that covid guidance will go out the window, but it would be good to treat fans like adults. Especially if you are herding them in hours before the match. 

13:00 - 13:30 😀

18:00 - 18:30 😐

17:30 - 18:00 😒

2500 fans roughly behind the goal, spread over a 3 hour period, so 14 fans gaining entry per minute. Seems utterly ridiculous to me.

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

You would think the SG could make a special licence as an exception for the Euros. I realise that Scotland has an unhealthy relationship with alcohol but there are only going to be 12k fans in the ground and its a special tournament. Its like we are getting treated like kids.

Its not the end of the world to have no alcohol , and I realise there may be concern that covid guidance will go out the window, but it would be good to treat fans like adults. Especially if you are herding them in hours before the match. 

They did consider it I think but rejected the idea. 

It’s daft that you can buy alcohol at rugby, darts and snooker etc. in Scotland but you can’t get it at Scotland games. Half the people in the ground are pished and sneak their own drink in anyway. 

3 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Tells you on your ticket just under the venue. 

Ahh, i haven't got my ticket yet (on the app, which i've just installed). So that explains it... ta!

2 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

Ahh, i haven't got my ticket yet (on the app, which i've just installed). So that explains it... ta!

did you get your tickets via SSC points, or directly from UEFA last year?

It looks like the ones directly from UEFA havent been distributed yet

1 minute ago, tartandon said:

did you get your tickets via SSC points, or directly from UEFA last year?

It looks like the ones directly from UEFA havent been distributed yet

Got it from Uefa ages ago.

They must be late because they've decided to give us free VIP hospitality passes with unlimited cold Tennents on draught right up till kickoff by way of a reward for our faith that Scotland would qualify

17 hours ago, Dave78 said:

Got it from Uefa ages ago.

They must be late because they've decided to give us free VIP hospitality passes with unlimited cold Tennents on draught right up till kickoff by way of a reward for our faith that Scotland would qualify

😂 

Dont forget I almost swam over the Irish sea to have a pint with you.

I am in section C2 👍😁

19 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

I did not know that 

Cheers

20 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Will make a mockery of the time slots if everyone is then queued up at the bar for 3 hours 

17 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Will make a mockery of the time slots if everyone is then queued up at the bar for 3 hours 

Depends how they do it I suppose. As long as there are the same number of beer queues as there are turnstiles then it shouldn’t be a problem.

You can’t have people in a stadium for the guts of 5 hours without providing refreshments. In fairness though I haven’t seen any confirmation that beer will be available at Wembley. Maybe they won’t sell it for the reason you have mentioned? 

Edited by Texas Pete

13 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Depends how they do it I suppose. As long as there are the same number of beer queues as there are turnstiles then it shouldn’t be a problem.

You can’t have people in a stadium for the guts of 5 hours without providing refreshments. 

Only go through a turnstile once though. Can go to the bar numerous times in 3 hours. 

Completely agree that you need to provide food and drink for people. Just think the time slot system they've come up with is complete overkill. 

1 minute ago, Dodger said:

Only go through a turnstile once though. Can go to the bar numerous times in 3 hours. 

Completely agree that you need to provide food and drink for people. Just think the time slot system they've come up with is complete overkill. 

True but there shouldn’t be a need for everyone to go to the bar at the same time. If they didn’t have entry slots most people would rock up at the turnstiles 15-30 minutes before kick off. 

If they do sell beer at Wembley then you can only drink it on the concourses and can’t take it to your seat (or at least you’re not meant to) so it could be an issue if everyone is hanging around getting pished. 

21 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

If they do sell beer at Wembley then you can only drink it on the concourses and can’t take it to your seat (or at least you’re not meant to) so it could be an issue if everyone is hanging around getting pished. 

That's clearly what's going to happen if you get people into the ground 3 hours before kick off with the bar open. Just swapping congestion outside the stadium for congestion inside the stadium. 

If you were being completely cynical you could have the view that the time slot system will help recoup some of the money lost via ticket sales as people can only buy food and drink from inside the stadium for up to 5 hours. 

50 minutes ago, Dodger said:

That's clearly what's going to happen if you get people into the ground 3 hours before kick off with the bar open. Just swapping congestion outside the stadium for congestion inside the stadium. 

If you were being completely cynical you could have the view that the time slot system will help recoup some of the money lost via ticket sales as people can only buy food and drink from inside the stadium for up to 5 hours. 

Yeah it sounds like it will be a bit of a farce. Will be worse at Hampden (for the fans) as there will be no beer but at least the food queues shouldn’t be that bad. People won’t be up queueing for a pie every 15 minutes. 

As much a UEFA love fleecing fans they had to have some sort of staggered entry to prevent long queues at the turnstiles I suppose. They could have banned alcohol to try and help the situation inside the stadiums but their juicy contract with Heineken would have been in danger and there’s no way they’d want to lose that. 

Considering the uncertainty and restriction in pubs I wonder what would happen if you tried to get in on an earlier time slot so you could enjoy a couple of watered down pints?

Edited by rOsCo2

If there's no beer at Hampden, then to be entirely covid-safe in my seat during the long wait, I plan on bringing a wee bottle of alcohol 'hand sanitizer' with me.  :ok: