Entry Time Slot - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Entry Time Slot

podgers1903

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Highly unlikely to be changeable,  what would be the point in slots?

Everyone would change to later, no one wants to be in that early but its luck of the draw.

Food and drink will surely need to be available though

1 minute ago, Bono79 said:

Highly unlikely to be changeable,  what would be the point in slots?

Everyone would change to later, no one wants to be in that early but its luck of the draw.

Food and drink will surely need to be available though

Food and drink will be available. No alcohol at Hampden though of course. 

9 minutes ago, Jamessm238 said:

Hopefully someone takes one for the team and turns up late to the first match against the Czechs and see what happens

I would imagine several hundred people will probably be late anyway so we’ll see what happens. I doubt people will be refused entry but they may need to wait until there is no queue before they are allowed in or even until after the game has started. 

6 minutes ago, jailender said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they take a pretty hard line with people who turn up late, as that will have a knock on effect for subsequent time slots.

I just can't see that average steward really caring enough. Also there are going to be genuine cases where people's trains are late, they get stuck in traffic etc. Hardly fair that they then miss kick-off. 

I am usually inside Hampden at least a hour before kick off at the best of times, and in this case I will make sure I am there for the early side of my slotted time for getting in.

Think Czech game will be ok, as its a early kick off and before most the pubs open.... Croatia game could be more problematic.

17 minutes ago, Dodger said:

I just can't see that average steward really caring enough. Also there are going to be genuine cases where people's trains are late, they get stuck in traffic etc. Hardly fair that they then miss kick-off. 

Tickets need to be activated by Bluetooth by a steward apparently so this might not work outside of your slot. 

To be fair I doubt the system will be that sophisticated but you never know. 

2 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Tickets need to be activated by Bluetooth by a steward apparently so this might not work outside of your slot. 

To be fair I doubt the system will be that sophisticated but you never know. 

I also thought they may have been letting different parts of the stadium in at different times, so if you missed your slot the stewards would move to a different part to let different parts of the stadium in 

6 minutes ago, Jamessm238 said:

I also thought they may have been letting different parts of the stadium in at different times, so if you missed your slot the stewards would move to a different part to let different parts of the stadium in 

I assume the reason for the time slots is to minimise queues and avoid congestion on the stairwells etc so would be surprised if this is the case. 

6 minutes ago, Jamessm238 said:

I did think of that a while ago but what would be the point other than so they could have fewer stewards?

If UEFA are making people sit in the stadium for up to three hours so they can save a few bob on stewards it will be a poor show. 

I assume the times are for  entry to the actual stadium and not the fenced off area mentioned in another thread? If there are food drink stalls outside I don't mind turning up in plenty of time, but if it's to go in to the Stadium and sit in the shade I am less enthusiastic!

10 minutes ago, rOsCo2 said:

I assume the times are for  entry to the actual stadium and not the fenced off area mentioned in another thread? If there are food drink stalls outside I don't mind turning up in plenty of time, but if it's to go in to the Stadium and sit in the shade I am less enthusiastic!

This is pretty optimistic.

Going inside to shelter from the rain is more likely. 

The East Stand has an outdoor bit after you go through the turnstiles but I’m pretty sure you’ll need to pass through the turnstiles and be inside the ground during your entry slot in the rest of the stadium. 

The more I think about it the more over the top this seems. There's about 13,000 fans to get into the stadium. Between the first time slot and kick off that gives them 3 hours so about 70 fans a minute into the stadium. 

There must be about 30 turnstiles in use so pretty much 1 fan every 30 seconds through each turnstile. 

Even accounting for minimising queuing, enforcing social distancing etc it seems excessive. 

12 minutes ago, Dodger said:

The more I think about it the more over the top this seems. There's about 13,000 fans to get into the stadium. Between the first time slot and kick off that gives them 3 hours so about 70 fans a minute into the stadium. 

There must be about 30 turnstiles in use so pretty much 1 fan every 30 seconds through each turnstile. 

Even accounting for minimising queuing, enforcing social distancing etc it seems excessive. 

They know fine well most people will turn up at the last minute of their slot. 

As far as I can see they are just trying to make sure there isn’t the big rush (and therefore big queues) to get in 15-30 minutes before kick off time that there normally is. It should also ensure trains and buses aren’t packed at any particular time as people will be travelling to the stadium over a three hour period. 

It’s not ideal but I’m not sure how else they could’ve done it. 

Edited by Texas Pete

My time slot is 12-12.30 which isnt too bad. Its still 90 mins earlier than i would normally be  right enough and may push my husband and I to the brink.

I might be able to play the old lady technophobe card to gain an extra 15 mins in other people’s  company before we go in. 

Edited by TDYER63

19 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

My time slot is 12-12.30 which isnt too bad. Its still 90 mins earlier than i would normally be  right enough and may push my husband and I to the brink.

I might be able to play the old lady technophobe card to gain an extra 15 mins in other people’s  company before we go in. 

I’m 1230-1300 for the Czech game so can’t complain about that. It’s the first game at a Hampden so I’m expecting things to wrong and for there to be delays anyway.

1700-1730 for the other 2 games though. Fine for Wembley as we can get an overpriced cup of warm lager but sitting in  Hampden for 2.5 hours before kick off will be a pain. Especially if we are already out of the tournament. 

9 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

I’m 1230-1300 for the Czech game so can’t complain about that. It’s the first game at a Hampden so I’m expecting things to wrong and for there to be delays anyway.

1700-1730 for the other 2 games though. Fine for Wembley as we can get an overpriced cup of warm lager but sitting in  Hampden for 2.5 hours before kick off will be a pain. Especially if we are already out of the tournament. 

I was under the impression that any game under UEFA Jurisdiction is unable to sell Alcohol within the stadium? 

2 hours ago, podgers1903 said:

Yes i know its the luck of the draw and they are there for a reason but 3 hours before kick off may be challenging for boys coming from up North, I highly doubt our bus will be in on time for a 11am entry 

Change the time of the bus then.

I certainly wouldnt be chancing it.