Netherlands warm up game. - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Netherlands warm up game.

er yir macaroon

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

well maybe tierney but i feel that we have looked poor since the second wave of subs and it would be great to get a morale boosting win v a top nation before the tournament

That was what I felt too.

But I would have taken a draw at the start and have been encouraged by the chances we made and took. 

1 minute ago, TDYER63 said:

That was what I felt too.

But I would have taken a draw at the start and have been encouraged by the chances we made and took. 

yeh a draw and a really good performance was what i hoped for so i am more than happy. a win would of been great tho

That was a really good performance against a good side and biased referee. But of concern is Clark's obsession with McGregor and Christie, Scotland's worst players but who both lasted the full 90 minutes. Neither are anything like the players they were a couple of years ago, and McGregor in particular is a passenger in midfield, constantly ballwatching and never man marking or picking up the runner.

well tonights performance for me was excellent, felt we looked really good against a top side despite missing a couple of our best players. i was really impressed by our second goal, great build up and finish by nisbet. We looked excellent defensively until the second wave of subs and was slightly disappointed that we made them but otherwise it was a great morale boosting performance and clarke should be given credit.

Good performance all round. The defence with Hendry, Cooper and Tierney is probably the quickest and most technical defence we've ever had. The quality and defensive line notably dropped after all the defensive subs.

I was quite disappointed in Turnbull and thought he was our worst performer, he looked miles off the pace in the first half and was at fault for Holland's first goal. He had a nice interplay with Nisbett at 67 minutes but outside of that I felt he was poor. Difficult debut as it's against the Dutch and he's only 21. It will be a good learning curve for him and will hopefully help him long term.

Edited by Blantyre_Braveheart

37 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

I'm definitely in the minority here, but I don't mind Provan or Crocker. 

When this guy suggested early in the first half that the Dutch bench was better than the Scotland first XI and that playing Holland will be good preparation for England, as we'll be playing against a team who are excellent on possession and a team who will dominate, I had a bad feeling. 

For the one and quite possibly only time I agree with you. This idiot commentator was on about when England dominate possession, in a crucial match has this ever happened? ( IMO long ball to Kane is heir likely tactic) Could happen against Croatia so much better preparation for this match.

Just now, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Good performance all round the defence with Hendry, Cooper and Tierney is probably the quickest And most technical defence we've ever had. The quality end defensive line notably dropped after all the defensive subs.

I was quite disappointed in Turnbull and thought he was our worst performer, he looked miles off the pace in the first half and was at fault for Holland's first goal. He had a nice interplay with Nisbett at 67 minutes but outside of that I felt he was poor. Difficult debut as it's against the Dutch and he's only 21. It will be a good learning curve for him and will hopefully help him long term.

100% agree and think it is a waning sign against playing inexperienced players against the elite teams.

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

that was an excellent first half performance from scotland imo. we created chances and linked up well. tierney, hendry and dykes have played really well. chuck in mctominay and fraser at rwb and i would be happy for that team to start our first match of the euros.

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

No McGinn??

Or McTominay? 

12 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

England beating Austria right now 1-0. These games can do more harm than good. England already giving themselves needless pressure by saving anything less than the semis is a failure. 

Trent AA limping off near the end could've done them some harm.

Robbed of a cracking morale boosting win by an utterly disgraceful decision. Then again that ref was an utter fkin tit right the way through.

Made plenty of good chances against them though.  Good performance.  That could've and should've been one hell of a good scalp to take.

47 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

I'm definitely in the minority here, but I don't mind Provan or Crocker. 

When this guy suggested early in the first half that the Dutch bench was better than the Scotland first XI and that playing Holland will be good preparation for England, as we'll be playing against a team who are excellent on possession and a team who will dominate, I had a bad feeling. 

Which guy do you mean?

6 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

All in all a lot to be pleased about tonight. We created a number of chances and scored two well worked goals. Everyone put in a good shift and thought Armstrong had a great game. The only worry was our defending which was scrappy at times. But like I said much to be pleased about.

I've really rated Armstrong since his Dundee Utd days and he's had a very good season IMO.

Depending on formations he should certainly start ahead of 1-2 others who played tonight.