Netherlands warm up game. - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Netherlands warm up game.

er yir macaroon

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that was an excellent first half performance from scotland imo. we created chances and linked up well. tierney, hendry and dykes have played really well. chuck in mctominay and fraser at rwb and i would be happy for that team to start our first match of the euros.

1 minute ago, mccaughey85 said:

that was an excellent first half performance from scotland imo. we created chances and linked up well. tierney, hendry and dykes have played really well. chuck in mctominay and fraser at rwb and i would be happy for that team to start our first match of the euros.

No McGinn??

I think this Is the system we'll play at the Euros.

With the ball: 4-4-2

Without the ball: 3-5-2

It was a good half. As long as there's no injuries, I'll be happy. Gilmour on, please.

I don't usually have an issue with commentators, but the beinsports commentator is doing my head in.

Edited by Taylor1996

Glad to see Turnbull and as someone made the point above he was growing into the game. I would love to see Gilmour on but I think that will come against Luxembourg, he hasn't had much time with the squad. Enjoying what I've seen and with substitutions the flow likely slow down. 

3 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Very good first half performance by Scotland. Looked very good going forward but they look capable of cutting us open every time they attack. We need to tighten up in defence.

i thought we looked reasonably solid, dutch have only had 1 chance which was the goal. always going to be tough against a side who have such talented players.

2 minutes ago, Burj_Alba said:

Thought the defence looked solid, great counter attacking by especially Tierney and Hendry. Midfield look out of sorts ( McGregor, Christie, Turnbull ) not really contributing, Dykes and Armstrong looking good.

Totally agree, also think Cooper has helped let the defenders push like Tierney and Hendry.

12 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

I think this Is the system we'll play at the Euros.

With the ball: 4-4-2

Without the ball: 3-5-2

It was a good half. As long as there's no injuries, I'll be happy. Gilmour on, please.

I don't usually have an issue with commentators, but the beinsports commentator is doing my head in.

Sky is a distinct improvement without Davie Provan running us down every 2 minutes.