Netherlands warm up game. - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Netherlands warm up game.

er yir macaroon

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Teams out:-

Gordon

Hendry          Cooper       Tierney

Armstrong                                                                                                                             Robertson

Forrest                                McGregor

Turnbull

Dykes                             Christie

would it not be forrest at rwb?

flashscore had us playing 442 with tierney playing rb but i assume thats wrong.

1 minute ago, mccaughey85 said:

would it not be forrest at rwb?

flashscore had us playing 442 with tierney playing rb but i assume thats wrong.

We will see. Forrest played there before for us and he stunk the place out - may have been one of the Nations League matches we lost late on late last year.

If SofaScore is wrong with the formation:

Marshall 

Hendry Cooper Tierney

Armstrong                     Robertson 

McGregor Turnbull

Christie

Forrest Dykes

Either way, the midfield is unbalanced. It could be a tough watch.

3 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Precisely.

I really don't buy this stuff that we should not be playing these matches.

yeh i agree, good chance for the players to gel and test themselves against top opposition. i am looking forward to seeing turnbull play as i have high hopes for him

24 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Precisely.

I really don't buy this stuff that we should not be playing these matches.

I said we shouldn't play it earlier. But that wasn't from a footballing perspective. Anyway, now that it is on, I'm fully behind it. A great opportunity for Turnbull, who might never have gotten a chance otherwise.

I'm curious to see what CM is going to look like. Armstong and McGregor as the CDM? 

28 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

yeh i agree, good chance for the players to gel and test themselves against top opposition. i am looking forward to seeing turnbull play as i have high hopes for him

Totally agree, the results don't really matter but a coach can decide on squad/ formations and other things during these warm ups. The COVID stuff will give an opportunity for others and expect to see a lot of subs. so opportunity might be less than 45 minutes

7 of the players starting tonight played and trained together under Rodgers. (Gordon, Tierney, Christie, McGregor, Armstrong, Forrest, Hendry) Plus Turnbull plays with a few of them now. 

Probably just a coincidence, but we won't have to worry too much about team chemistry tonight.