Euro 2020 (Group match predictions) - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euro 2020 (Group match predictions)

Taylor1996

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently 

Scotland 0 - Czech Republic 0

England 1 - Scotland 0

Scotland 0- Croatia 0

If we change formation to a back four,

Scotland 3- Czech Republic 2

England 3 - Scotland 3

Scotland 2 - Croatia 4

Defeat in the last game is because 4 points will have got us second place and we give every one else a game to rest players.

Edited by ceudmilefailte

I've been watching maybe a dozen prediction videos on YT and every single one has up finishing 4th. I feel more positive than that, I think we can finish 3rd with 4 points wether it is enough or not to make the knockouts remains to be seen. We must get atleast 1 win for pride, and preferably before the last game to give us something to fight for in every game. 

7 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Hard to say at this stage. 

Struggling to get that Israel performance out of head, based on that we’d be fortunate to get a point. 

Hopefully we’re positive in the first game and do everything to try and win it. 

Agreed, if I see odonnell dropped for Patterson a mcgregor dropped for gilmour, I will start to get positive. 

10 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Hard to say at this stage. 

Struggling to get that Israel performance out of head, based on that we’d be fortunate to get a point. 

Hopefully we’re positive in the first game and do everything to try and win it. 

I'm the same - a team as limited as them seems to have our number fairly easily.  Pushing the wing backs back to full back left midfield chasing shadows especially with the gap front to back and all three teams in our group could easily exploit that.  Austria performance was underwhelming too.  

Hopefully playing at home, particularly in Covid, has some advantage though and even if the players can't meet family they can surely keep themselves entertained for 3-4 weeks.  

I sway erratically from believing we qualified via the backdoor and will be lucky to not finish comfortably bottom to convincing myself we've a right good chance of getting out the group.  I'll go classic Scotland:

> England draw with Croatia - massive outpouring of grief 

> Scotland huff and puff but Czech's nick a goal and win 1-0 - massive outpouring of grief

> Decent performance but lose to England 2-0 - massive outpouring of euphoria down south that tournament is in their grasp.  We clutch at straws.  

> Czech's get a draw from Croatia 

> Scotland need snookers and beat Croatia in their best performance for years but miss out on 3rd place qualifying spot by goal difference, yellow cars or someone gets a Var penalty last minute to get the win needed to take them to 4 points.   

> England B beat Czech B 

I'm a miserable bastard though so hopefully wrong :)

Based on recent form in last 6 games and rankings it's a tough call to say we have a good chance of progressing. It would be good to think though that the preparation and potential form of our best players will be enough. In my view, although Tierney has been in sparkling form of late and assuming the team in general plays well, our key players will be McGinn and McTominay. If they play well and we can get some decent possession without having to incur a 'backs to the wall' approach, then I think a win against the Czechs is definitely on and a draw with either England or Croatia will be a bonus. 

23 minutes ago, Mitre said:

Scotland 1 Czech Republic 1

England 3 Scotland 0

Scotland 0 Croatia 1

That is what my head would normally say , but after 3 days of heatstroke I will plump for an optimistic 

Scotland 2   Czech Rep  1

England 2     Scotland 0

Scotland 1     Croatia 1

1 minute ago, TDYER63 said:

I was on the Euro app reading some comments about the game last night. There was a poll asking how far you thought Scotland would go . Interesting results  😂

09381A18-EAA5-47D7-81A3-92A8000B2B84.thumb.png.4d14cc4529bc543fdbc5e5acd4ed3de0.png

I think a few beverages may have been consumed by that 21% at the bottom. 😂

Quarter finals isn’t ridiculous though if our potential last 16 match is at Hampden. 

Probably best not to get ahead of ourselves though. 😊

11 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Quarter finals isn’t ridiculous though if our potential last 16 match is at Hampden. 

Yeah it was the ‘winners ‘ that made me laugh 😁 I felt bold enough going for the last 16 ! 

11 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Scotland 1 v 1 Czech Rep

Engurland 1 v 1 Scotland 

Scotland 2 v 1 Croatia 

I love the optimism! 

I fancy us to win the Czech game & hope for something from the final two games. A win and a draw would surely see us through? 

20 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

If we play at Hampden in the R16 then we will be playing the winners of Group E, which is more than likely to be Spain.

Would want to avoid that!

Finish 2nd in our group however and we'd play the runner up of Group E in Copenhagen. That would be one of Sweden, Poland or Slovakia.

4 minutes ago, Lion Rampant said:

If we play at Hampden in the R16 then we will be playing the winners of Group E, which is more than likely to be Spain.

Would want to avoid that!

Finish 2nd in our group however and we'd play the runner up of Group E in Copenhagen. That would be one of Sweden, Poland or Slovakia.

If we were to finish 3rd and one of the best runners up there is, I think, a 50% chance we'd be playing in Budapest against the winners of Group C which the Netherlands are the favourites for you'd say.

A 30% chance of playing at Hampden against (most likely) Spain and a 20% chance of playing in Seville against probably Belgium.