Crowds season 21/22 and beyond - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Crowds season 21/22 and beyond

Season ticket sales underway looking good for crowds being back say our SPFL clubs.

I fear the reality is somewhat different and that we will be stuck with a few hundred crowds where we can have them for a long time yet possibly in to 2022. Our corona numbers are higher than England now as well.

“Test events” have been noticeable by their absence up here but the biggest test events of course are a couple of weeks away in the place with the biggest numbers of corona sadly. 

I am not optimistic our clubs can cope with another season of this

I think the Hampden Euro 2020 fixtures will be used as test events. The Scottish Government also gave the green light for the UK Lions to play Japan at Murrayfield in late June. I think the permitted crowd for that is 16,500.  After they size up the data from these events hopefully some info on this will be forthcoming. 

6 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

I think the Hampden Euro 2020 fixtures will be used as test events. The Scottish Government also gave the green light for the UK Lions to play Japan at Murrayfield in late June. I think the permitted crowd for that is 16,500.  After they size up the data from these events hopefully some info on this will be forthcoming. 

Tut tu morrie, the Irish lads won't be too happy with that term 🤣🤣🤣

What's the rules with the league two morrie?

16 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Bought 2 x season tickets yesterday. Looking forward to going back again, sooner rather than later hopefully. 

Well done dd. I ended up in my home town yesterday for a pint. Going to get  a season ticket for the Dale. Dont know how much they are now. They used to be £50. I also sponsored them as had a wee part time business from the farm. Looking forward to doing that again. I am quite optimistic for dons this season probably the league is beyond them as rangers are settled and have a strong squad now. But the cups shouldn't be beyond them.

23 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Tut tu morrie, the Irish lads won't be too happy with that term 🤣🤣🤣

What's the rules with the league two morrie?

Ha ha - sorry I shall give that team their correct name - the Sky Sports Lions.

As for League Two nothing has been announced. Most clubs are looking at crowds of between 500-1000 so I don't see a problem with fans being allowed back for the season starting. Again though will just need to wait for an official announcement.

On 5/31/2021 at 5:08 PM, morrie21 said:

The Lions training camp is in Jersey prior to the Japan game and South African tour, I’ll have a good view of the training sessions at work 👍

CD608B02-6631-4AD3-A114-D8434CAE4CC8.jpeg

21 hours ago, Jersey Jim said:

The Lions training camp is in Jersey prior to the Japan game and South African tour, I’ll have a good view of the training sessions at work 👍

CD608B02-6631-4AD3-A114-D8434CAE4CC8.jpeg

Vodafone Lions tours really don't interest me. Should have been left in the amateur era. I'll leave it at that in case I end up saying something that upsets someone.