News from the Camp - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

News from the Camp

gkm_vancouver

I think Gilmour will play, only because Steve Clarke is a fine manager and he will have recognised what a difference Gilmour made when he came on in the last game. I don’t think he’s the cautious conservative he’s made out to be. I’m not even sure why he’s got that reputation. He seems quite ruthless at picking the best players to win a match to me

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, gkm_vancouver said:

Just in case anyone has not seen this..looks confident :ok:

He looks confident, composed, and relaxed.. I like it ....🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

26 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Got the ball stuck under his feet in about the second or third minute, there's another.

His "best", though, was when he managed to completely get in Ryan Christie's way when Christie was making a good run into the box.

37 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Kieran Tierney set to miss Scotland training again ahead of Euro 2020 encounter with England due to calf injury

Tell me what he did wrong? Steve Clarke backs Stephen O'Donnell amid growing calls for Nathan Patterson to start

Well, Steve, one thing he did wrong was let John McGinn get doubled by Czech players, and not see the danger, leading up to the first goal.

9 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Got the ball stuck under his feet in about the second or third minute, there's another.

His "best", though, was when he managed to completely get in Ryan Christie's way when Christie was making a good run into the box.

Change the script lads, please.

That one was already recited to tedium on here on Monday night.

Let's get behind all of the squad for the upcoming games instead - irrespective of whom the manager picks to start.

23 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

No. You're absolutely right.

I was just pointing out that Clarke shouldn't be asking such a loaded question.

But you're right. I truly believe that if we go into the next games with the same mentality and performance, we can get something.

42 minutes ago, scotlad said:

I've always stuck up for him. I think he's an honest, hard working player, but he did look scared. If he's like that against the Czechs, imagine what he'll be like against England.

It would be best to take him out of the limelight, for his own benefit.

Hendry or Fraser at right wing back... maybe.

3 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

That one was already recited to tedium on here on Monday night.

Let's get behind all of the squad for the upcoming games instead - irrespective of whom the manager picks to start.

Are you his da or something? :lol:

Whoever is picked has my 100% support for the duration of the game but anyone could see he was miles off the pace on Monday.  That's not the sole reason we lost, of course.

3 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

I've always stuck up for him. I think he's an honest, hard working player, but he did look scared. If he's like that against the Czechs, imagine what he'll be like against England.

It would be best to take him out of the limelight, for his own benefit.

Hendry or Fraser at right wing back... maybe.

To give him some credit I remember he did okay against Belgium when he was up against Eden Hazard, but I'd try someone else there against England.

For me, though, Fraser isn't best suited for that position. He can play there, but it's like using a Shetland pony to pull a carriage.  Fraser's better in a creative, attacking role, in my view.

I'd play Forrest at RWB.

18 minutes ago, scotlad said:

To give him some credit I remember he did okay against Belgium when he was up against Eden Hazard, but I'd try someone else there against England.

For me, though, Fraser isn't best suited for that position. He can play there, but it's like using a Shetland pony to pull a carriage.  Fraser's better in a creative, attacking role, in my view.

I'd play Forrest at RWB.

He was solid all the way up to the Czech match. You can tell a lot about players by how they react to big occasions. It wasn't good by O'Donnell. 

To be honest, I would be comfortable with anyone at RWB as long as it's not O'Donnell... Armstrong, too.

12 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

That doesn't sound good. Is it worth risking him against England to put a pretty big likelihood he'll be out of the Croatia game?

He really is a monumental loss. On his form, he was basically our most important player. Just having him on the pitch gives everyone else a psychological boost.

4 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

That doesn't sound good. Is it worth risking him against England to put a pretty big likelihood he'll be out of the Croatia game?

He really is a monumental loss. On his form, he was basically our most important player. Just having him on the pitch gives everyone else a psychological boost.

It's a bit of a sickened, isn't it?

I don't know. Having him on the field would be a plus, for the reasons you said, but I'm not sure if it's worth it if he isn't fully ready.

It's a variable that we don't need.

27 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

It's a bit of a sickened, isn't it?

I don't know. Having him on the field would be a plus, for the reasons you said, but I'm not sure if it's worth it if he isn't fully ready.

It's a variable that we don't need.

A fully fit and firing Tierney could be the difference between us getting a result against England. However, I think we are good enough to beat Croatia without him. Though it'll make the task far harder.

It's a hell of a dilemma. 

7 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

A fully fit and firing Tierney could be the difference between us getting a result against England. However, I think we are good enough to beat Croatia without him. Though it'll make the task far harder.

It's a hell of a dilemma. 

Definitely. It's always the way, isn't it? Two world class players and fate steps in "Nah! You'll have one and you'll be grateful!"

It's maddening.

Best case scenario, he'll be raring to go for both matches... even if it means he'll miss a part of Arsenal's pre-season.

Let's be honest, we deserve a wee bit of luck with regards injuries, when you count Darren Fletcher, McFadden, Gordon, Kennedy.

“The pain itself probably wouldn’t stop you playing. It’s if you played on it, it could get a lot, lot worse and you could get out for a lengthy time."

Happy to play a million games for the Celtic first team aged 9, but unwilling to take 2 painkilling injections or sing the national anthem for Scotland.

:P

1 minute ago, Dave78 said:

“The pain itself probably wouldn’t stop you playing. It’s if you played on it, it could get a lot, lot worse and you could get out for a lengthy time."

Happy to play a million games for the Celtic first team aged 9, but unwilling to take 2 painkilling injections or sing the national anthem for Scotland.

:P

Which he acknowledged he shouldn’t  have done and nearly ended his career. It’s one thing after the other, im starting to think he’ll be retired before he’s 30. 

2 minutes ago, JECK said:

Which he acknowledged he shouldn’t  have done and nearly ended his career. It’s one thing after the other, im starting to think he’ll be retired before he’s 30. 

Yeah, fairy nuff. I can't blame him.

The anthem thing irks me though. He's the only one

For me personally I wish they’d do away with the anthems. A waste of time and just antagonistic for a lot of morons to boo at, our fans are probably the worst for it. The last thing I’d want to do before a big match is sing a f**king song.