News from the Camp - Page 9 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

News from the Camp

gkm_vancouver

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, GHfaeGTA said:

Injured mainly at Hibs. Certainly not match fit. Re MLS, money talks 

He had five matches in what many would claim was a drop in class league and he was irrelevant. As for money talks....well for who? If he chose the MLS move over a move to elsewhere in Europe (including Scotland) well it was a terrible career move. 

36 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

Spilled some ink on the upcoming games if anyone fancies some light reading.......

https://www.spitballingpod.com/football/2021/10/8/world-cup-qualifying-scotlands-hunt-for-vital-october-points

Again with the 'Denmark took their foot off the gas' pish we keep hearing. Do they have a soft spot for Scotland or something that we are the only nation they did this for?

Don’t be precious, of course they ‘took their foot off the gas’. There’s very few teams that keep it on the gas after getting to 2 up against a team that is playing pure pish. It’s natural, even if not a conscious decision. Bottom line we played much better and they played much worse.

However, I think we’re aiming for top spot now…… CMON MOLDOVA!!

3 hours ago, ger intae them said:

Don’t be precious, of course they ‘took their foot off the gas’. There’s very few teams that keep it on the gas after getting to 2 up against a team that is playing pure pish. It’s natural, even if not a conscious decision. Bottom line we played much better and they played much worse.

However, I think we’re aiming for top spot now…… CMON MOLDOVA!!

So they decided not to take their foot off the gas against Austria 4-0, Israel 5-0 and Moldova 8-0 but they decided to take it off the gas for us? Bloody decent of them I must say!

8 hours ago, todd said:

So they decided not to take their foot off the gas against Austria 4-0, Israel 5-0 and Moldova 8-0 but they decided to take it off the gas for us? Bloody decent of them I must say!

We really are a self deprecating nation, aren't we?

Others: "You played better 2nd half and kept the scoreline respectable against an elite team"....

Scotland fans: "Na, they must have just been kind to us and let us have possession and chances on their goal."

Jeez oh. 2-0 is not a safe scoreline to sit back on. If we'd scored a scrappy goal early in the 2nd half, they'd have panicked. Let's give ourselves just a shred of credit for once.

21 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

We really are a self deprecating nation, aren't we?

Others: "You played better 2nd half and kept the scoreline respectable against an elite team"....

Scotland fans: "Na, they must have just been kind to us and let us have possession and chances on their goal."

Jeez oh. 2-0 is not a safe scoreline to sit back on. If we'd scored a scrappy goal early in the 2nd half, they'd have panicked. Let's give ourselves just a shred of credit for once.

Well said. 👍

On 10/8/2021 at 8:57 AM, Caledonian Craig said:

He had five matches in what many would claim was a drop in class league and he was irrelevant. As for money talks....well for who? If he chose the MLS move over a move to elsewhere in Europe (including Scotland) well it was a terrible career move. 

Move to Scotland! Apparently he’s on £2m a year

On 10/7/2021 at 8:08 PM, Squirrelhumper said:

Screenshot_20211007-201452_Samsung Internet.jpg

The thing I remember about the recent Israel games is that we have been out-done in midfield and also that McTominay has been caught on the turn when defending. So I would have either McTominay as the extra midfielder with just a single forward - Adams or Dykes if Adams is suspended. With Christie playing well at present I would actually prefer him to McTominay but either would be good if we can get the result.

23 hours ago, todd said:

Again with the 'Denmark took their foot off the gas' pish we keep hearing. Do they have a soft spot for Scotland or something that we are the only nation they did this for?

Thanks for the feedback and for reading. Sorry for inserting my own personal opinion in MY article. I'll try to do better next time.

3 hours ago, morrie21 said:

Thanks for the feedback and for reading. Sorry for inserting my own personal opinion in MY article. I'll try to do better next time.

It wasn't a dig at you mate, I nearly wrote as much but then thought it was pretty obviously not but I apologise if I've offended you

11 hours ago, todd said:

It wasn't a dig at you mate, I nearly wrote as much but then thought it was pretty obviously not but I apologise if I've offended you

No need to apologise mate - difference of opinion is what it is all about. At least your remark created some chat on here about that, again that is what it is all about. Cheers.

23 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

Any of our players have issues on artificial surfaces if we're playing on the Faroes new pitch?

I’m not sure but artificial pitches shouldn’t be allowed in international football. 

At least our Scotland based players will be used to it but the other guys won’t. 

I still have nightmares about the last time we played on a plastic pitch. 

23 hours ago, borojock said:

Do we have anyone suspended for the Faroe game on Tues or is it a full squad 

Will be interested to see if any knocks from last night ruling anyone out perhaps Adams 

Cant wait for Tues 

Adams out, according to the record, so maybe Hanley back in, and McTominay and McGinn pushing further up the field?

1 hour ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Adams out, according to the record, so maybe Hanley back in, and McTominay and McGinn pushing further up the field?

Expect Christie to come in for Adams. 

Back 3 will revert to Hendry, Hanley and Tierney. Decision is then whether to leave out Mcgregor or McTominay from the midfield 3. My guess is he'll leave out Mcgregor as he's only just back from injury. 

1 hour ago, Dodger said:

Expect Christie to come in for Adams. 

Back 3 will revert to Hendry, Hanley and Tierney. Decision is then whether to leave out Mcgregor or McTominay from the midfield 3. My guess is he'll leave out Mcgregor as he's only just back from injury. 

Surely time to shoehorn McT into another position and have him replace Adams up front? After all he plays for the biggest club in the world.... actually removing tongue from cheek that may not be a bad option in this particular match...

Christie should come in for Adams up front. 

I would be surprised if there are any changes in midfield, as it is working so well at the moment. Unless there are injuries mcginn, McGregor and Gilmour is our best midfield. 

The big decision will be in defence. Hanley will come in. Then it is a choice of Hendry or McTominay. It is harsh to drop either, but I would go with McTominay.  He offers more going forward for me.