News from the Camp - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

News from the Camp

gkm_vancouver

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, alkymalky said:

Patterson looks to be making a very positive impression. From everything I've read post his first call up, he seems to be absolutely buzzing about it and his brimming with confidence. This summer could be the making of him.

It will be interesting to see how much time he gets in the friendlies.

19 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Patterson looks to be making a very positive impression. From everything I've read post his first call up, he seems to be absolutely buzzing about it and his brimming with confidence. This summer could be the making of him.

It will be interesting to see how much time he gets in the friendlies.

Here's the boy himself, speaks fairly well for a 19 year old

I see the Czechs have pulled out of their Edinburgh training camp because of Scotland's Covid restrictions so they will be flying in/out for each game. May not be an advantage but will take any kind of disruption to others as a bonus, particularly as we know from the past it is usually us that have problems in camps. 

2 hours ago, gkm_vancouver said:

I see the Czechs have pulled out of their Edinburgh training camp because of Scotland's Covid restrictions so they will be flying in/out for each game. May not be an advantage but will take any kind of disruption to others as a bonus, particularly as we know from the past it is usually us that have problems in camps. 

Think Croatia have too, though its The Sun reporting it so may be bullshit. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/7184330/scotland-euro-2020-czech-croatia-ditch-bases/amp/

3 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

Got tickets for all 3 games, but just can't say I'm excited in the slightest about it all. 

I'm sure there'd be plenty of volunteers to take them pesky things off your hands 🤔

3 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

A bit of a knife in the guts to thousands of Scotland fans who will miss out on tickets.

Unfortunately for those thousands of fans, ticket eligibility isn't based on excitement levels - it's based on points gained by spending thousands of pounds travelling around the world. 

8 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

Unfortunately for those thousands of fans, ticket eligibility isn't based on excitement levels - it's based on points gained by spending thousands of pounds travelling around the world. 

True. Very true. However, if you are a Scotland fan who cannot get excited about our first foray into a major tournament for 23 years I have to question whether the tickets would be better served elsewhere.

26 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

True. Very true. However, if you are a Scotland fan who cannot get excited about our first foray into a major tournament for 23 years I have to question whether the tickets would be better served elsewhere.

I have to admit that I also stopped getting excited about Christmas about 35 years ago. 

But I'm sure Santa Claus, like the SSC, won't give a flying one, because that's just the way the world works. 

4 hours ago, Brummie Hibs said:

Thousands of pounds, well that kicks out the majority of the Tartan Army.

O.K the way it worked out you only needed one or two away games if you also had the time and the money to attend all the home games.

I am very happy for you.

8 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Agreed. I can understand folk being wary or fed up if they've been spending 'thousands' on campaigns for the last 20 years without the success of getting to a tourney but then why continue buying tickets? You'd think now we've made it, most normal folk are at least a bit excited..

8 hours ago, Brummie Hibs said:

I have to admit that I also stopped getting excited about Christmas about 35 years ago. 

But I'm sure Santa Claus, like the SSC, won't give a flying one, because that's just the way the world works. 

Bit of an odd comparison, anyway here's another one for you....😏

9 hours ago, Brummie Hibs said:

Oh my. In 20 years on this board, that has to go down as one of the most smug and arrogant post I’ve seen on here. 
Well done you. 

The woke is very strong in this thread. I'll take a moment of reflection before each match for all the poor souls missing out on things they feel they are entitled to have but won't get because miserable, ungrateful khunts like me do get them. 

It's a cruel, unfair world. Luckily I don't give a #### what folk on the Internet think.