Round of 16 and beyond. - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Round of 16 and beyond.

Clootie Dumpling

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So there are tickets for our potential last 16 match in Budapest on the UEFA site.

I've had a look at the government site for Scotland, UK and Hungary and I'm having great difficulty understanding if we can actually go or not. Self isolation wouldn't be an issue for me as a home worker. 

So - Kin we go? Kin we no?

45 minutes ago, GaryWood34 said:

So there are tickets for our potential last 16 match in Budapest on the UEFA site.

I've had a look at the government site for Scotland, UK and Hungary and I'm having great difficulty understanding if we can actually go or not. Self isolation wouldn't be an issue for me as a home worker. 

So - Kin we go? Kin we no?

You can travel to Hungary. It’s an Amber list country but you need to pay £170 for travel tests and self isolate for 10 days at home when you get back. 

Any country can be moved to the red list without much notice so I wouldn’t be travelling anywhere on the amber list tbh. 

If Hungary was moved to the red list you would need to quarantine at a hotel for 10 days at your own expense when you get back.  Bollocks to that. 

6 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

You can travel to Hungary. It’s an Amber list country but you need to pay £170 for travel tests and self isolate for 10 days at home when you get back. 

Any country can be moved to the red list without much notice so I wouldn’t be travelling anywhere on the amber list tbh. 

If Hungary was moved to the red list you would need to quarantine at a hotel for 10 days at your own expense when you get back.  Bollocks to that. 

Thanks, that's helpful!

17 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

I can’t believe there’s a thread for this. 

😂😂😂

There’s at least one generation of Scotland supporters that have never known what it’s like to live under the curse of never getting out of our group.

I fully expect us to go out on goal difference or head to head while other (presumably younger) folk are booking flights and last 16 tickets. 

11 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

😂😂😂

There’s at least one generation of Scotland supporters that have never known what it’s like to live under the curse of never getting out of our group.

I fully expect us to go out on goal difference or head to head while other (presumably younger) folk are booking flights and last 16 tickets. 

The act of booking a flight immediate puts a jinx on it. Even this thread may have blown it! 

4 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

There’s cautious optimism and there’s booking flights for the next round. Ach well, good on them. 

Very true. I have been optimistic for every tournament I remember at least until we lost/drew the first game but I would never book a flight or hotel based on going through. Especially when we could potentially be playing in 4 or 5 different places. 

It's very hard not to dream, some of you may not like this attitude but I'm over the moon we are there and going to cherish the memories whatever happens. I want us to be competitive in all three and win one game. 

1 hour ago, rOsCo2 said:

I can't believe I am asking this, but.....How would the ticketing work? I assume UEFA hold back sections for the supporters clubs. Would it be the mad panic waiting for an authorisation email from SSC?

Wonder if more fans will get to go. 

2 hours ago, rOsCo2 said:

I can't believe I am asking this, but.....How would the ticketing work? I assume UEFA hold back sections for the supporters clubs. Would it be the mad panic waiting for an authorisation email from SSC?

I would imagine so. Why would they do it differently from the group games? 

8 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

I would imagine so. Why would they do it differently from the group games? 

If it's Budapest we can expect a very decent amount of tickets. 

I'd go. They seem to give decent warnings of countries turning to red - maybe 4 / 5 days so you'd think that would be enough time to only have to 'amber' quarantine.