Royalty - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I clicked on a twitter link the other day , think it was another moan about the SG , and the person ( union jacks everywhere) had also been tweeting about the Royal family. He was moaning  his head off that the future King and Queen of Britain were visiting Lanarkshire and barely a mention in the media. 
Some people I think find it hard to believe that the Royal family are becoming more and more irrelevant in Scotland and not everything is the government or media’s doing. 

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

Excellent. I can book a holiday abroad using only 3 days leave and at the same time avoiding the circus that will come with the jubilee.
Hang on in there Liz 👍

On 5/27/2021 at 11:41 AM, TDYER63 said:

I clicked on a twitter link the other day , think it was another moan about the SG , and the person ( union jacks everywhere) had also been tweeting about the Royal family. He was moaning  his head off that the future King and Queen of Britain were visiting Lanarkshire and barely a mention in the media. 
Some people I think find it hard to believe that the Royal family are becoming more and more irrelevant in Scotland and not everything is the government or media’s doing. 

Used to listen to Magic on the commute and pretty much every hourly news broadcast they did finished with a section on the Royal Family.  You'd go from war, famine, recession, Covid etc and still finish on Kate opening a sports centre in Torquay - it was weird! 

Read the other day about the new publically funded Royal boat.

You you think there might be more of an uproar about spending hundreds of millions for another rich plaything but not a peep.

On 6/2/2021 at 11:58 AM, Toepoke said:

Bit of a con. Headlined as a 4 day holiday in England. Two are the weekend and another day is bank holiday day already scheduled but just reshuffled.