SSC advise against traveling to London unless you have a ticket - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SSC advise against traveling to London unless you have a ticket

wanderer

2 hours ago, GaryWood34 said:

I wouldn't go without a ticket.

In normal times aye - go and enjoy the carnival atmosphere at the fountain. Been superb last two trips (granted I was in the stadium anyway)

But sitting in a pub, could do that in Scotland.

I really don’t understand why anyone would be going to London this time without a ticket. I wouldn’t go to any away venue without a ticket (although I can understand why people do) but it’s certainly not worth it this time. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2021 at 3:04 PM, Texas Pete said:

I really don’t understand why anyone would be going to London this time without a ticket. I wouldn’t go to any away venue without a ticket (although I can understand why people do) but it’s certainly not worth it this time. 

Correct, then when they all come home again, we’ll be back in lockdown. 

Is it really worth all the hassle v the long term issues this trip will cause?

16 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Correct, then when they all come home again, we’ll be back in lockdown. 

Is it really worth all the hassle v the long term issues this trip will cause?

Some people seem determined just to treat it like a party and an excuse to go down to London to get pished. This would be fine under normal circumstances but not when Covid is still an issue.

All they are doing is making it harder for people with tickets to get train tickets and seats in pubs if they want a pre-match pint. 

1 minute ago, Texas Pete said:

Some people seem determined just to treat it like a party and an excuse to go down to London to get pished. This would be fine under normal circumstances but not when Covid is still an issue.

All they are doing is making it harder for people with tickets to get train tickets and seats in pubs if they want a pre-match pint. 

I’m secretly looking forward to the outrage from people down there when they get kicked out of pubs for being too drunk, or can’t get into one to watch it on tv, so miss the game completely 😂😂

Many seem to think that the rules are different and 10,000 people in Hyde park won’t be an issue 🙄

21 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Agree. I’m pissed off with folk going down to watch it on TV. Utterly pointless.

I have 5 pubs/restaurants booked for Friday the 18th and I got an email yesterday from the white horse to advise no Scotland supporters will be allowed in even with a booking.  I then contacted the other 4 and only 2 are gonna let us in...... I was totally pissed off and did say they should have made this clearer as I would have been very disappointed.  Im lucky I have a ticket but if I did not there is no way I'd be going down.... I suspect there will be many pissed off fans either stating around London trying to find somewhere or watching from their hotel rooms.  I would urge anyone with bookings for pubs to contact them to double check they will be accepted. 

4 hours ago, Mushet84 said:

I have 5 pubs/restaurants booked for Friday the 18th and I got an email yesterday from the white horse to advise no Scotland supporters will be allowed in even with a booking.  I then contacted the other 4 and only 2 are gonna let us in...... I was totally pissed off and did say they should have made this clearer as I would have been very disappointed.  Im lucky I have a ticket but if I did not there is no way I'd be going down.... I suspect there will be many pissed off fans either stating around London trying to find somewhere or watching from their hotel rooms.  I would urge anyone with bookings for pubs to contact them to double check they will be accepted. 

🤞🏽😂

Heading down, signed up to the forum first trip, I'm sure I'll be hooked for life now.

Booked into the Colonel Faucett to watch the match with 7 people in Covent Gardens.

If the Tartan Army can't meet in Trafalgar Square, why don't we all meet up in another Square instead? Leicster Square? Covent Gardens? Parliament Square outside Westminster? 

Edited by Tartan_Tonna