The news thread - Page 116 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Can’t help but laugh at it, especially if he’s seriously pissed off because that would be hilarious. 

Thats one way to look at it ! 😁 I would be better with your attitude to life, might get me off the blood pressure tablets…..

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Thats one way to look at it ! 😁 I would be better with your attitude to life, might get me off the blood pressure tablets…..

For me, Laughing at that article is part of the problem. as the tweet says, swap that for Irish or almost any other nationality and theres uproar but its ok, Scotland is fair game

26 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

For me, Laughing at that article is part of the problem. as the tweet says, swap that for Irish or almost any other nationality and theres uproar but its ok, Scotland is fair game

I dont disagree at all but sometimes think I get more worked up than others. It beggars belief that a magazine can print this and no one seems to bat an eyelid. Why can anyone think this is ok? 

25 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Getting worked up about it is only giving the author what he wants. 

The Jews said that about Der Sturmer in the 1930s ................

4 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

This isnt really ‘news’ but it is related to the media. How the fuck does material like this get published? 
5EDF053B-57BB-4AFE-8B73-A3F0FF224DF0.thumb.png.e644d608c330aa7303e2cb89c5ee8f1c.png

Bear in mind that the idiot lives in the back water called County Durham, probably one of the least popular places to live in guffieland.

21 hours ago, kumnio said:

Glenn Campbell was a disgrace today, even for himself, he was an absolute utter cunt. 

650,000 excess deaths in the UK in 2021, BBC News taking the approach that it’s a complex issue with lots of different contributory factors.

Compare that to Glenn Campbell asking Nicola Sturgeon why she’s killing people. 

5 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

Bear in mind that the idiot lives in the back water called County Durham, probably one of the least popular places to live in guffieland.

Which is barely a kick in the tail away from the Scottish/English border - surely it can't have been that much of a shock to learn that he has Scottish ancestry! It's not as if he was born and raised in Hampshire. 

Mind you, if he was seriously expecting to find out he had Scandinavian ancestry - Scandinavia famously being populated by ridiculously good looking people - while possessing a face like a mishaped baking potato, then maybe the old saying about the north east of England being full of Scots with their brains beaten out has some truth in it! 😄

17 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Getting worked up about it is only giving the author what he wants. 

I get that, but likewise , laughing at someone who has just verbally insulted an entire country, your own country, is akin to the snivelling sidekick of a bully who constantly puts them down yet the sidekick  laughs along with it , too scared of the bully to do otherwise.

That kinda represents a lot of Scotland tbh. 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

I get that, but likewise , laughing at someone who has just verbally insulted an entire country, your own country, is akin to the snivelling sidekick of a bully who constantly puts them down yet the sidekick  laughs along with it , too scared of the bully to do otherwise.

At this point it’s worth pointing out that the editor of the Spectator, Fraser Nelson, is a Scot - of sorts.

17 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I think you’re giving the article a lot more credit than it deserves.

The author is a massive Bellend anyway and has always sneered at Scotland. 

3 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I think you’re giving the article a lot more credit than it deserves.

The author is a massive Bellend anyway and has always sneered at Scotland. 

Yes, he is a bellend and clearly his editor is too. My issue is mainly with the fact that this could be published in what is seen as a ‘ mainstream’ political magazine. Where does it stop ? Could you imagine if The National published something like this about English people ? It would be bedlam in the media , screaming xenophobic nats. The fact I can only use The National as an example shows how little support there is out there for independence in the media.