The news thread - Page 248 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

55 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

I would imagine that the RAF was carrying out defencive operations only.

What is the criteria for action like this to be brought to parliament? 

From the little I've read so happy to be corrected, permission was needed to bomb Syria and lybia however we don't need permission for this?

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What if, and it's not a big if, all we have seen so far is the matinee and the end target has always been Iran ? 

The combination of internal revolt and Iran being a complete pain in the arse throughout the region may have finally made the US and their "allies" decide they have had enough ?

It is starting to look like that and Iran are playing their game

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

What is the criteria for action like this to be brought to parliament? 

From the little I've read so happy to be corrected, permission was needed to bomb Syria and lybia however we don't need permission for this?

only a guess on my part but I imagine we are not attacking anything other than drones and missiles

4 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

What if, and it's not a big if, all we have seen so far is the matinee and the end target has always been Iran ? 

The combination of internal revolt and Iran being a complete pain in the arse throughout the region may have finally made the US and their "allies" decide they have had enough ?

the only rationale i could see for that is a concern that Iran are on the cusp of nuclear capability and mad enough to use it so too big a risk.

19 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

18 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

I've been wondering that myself Ally.   It explains for me the unfaltering backing for Israel, as the US is itching to do the next on their list.

Hadn't considered this before but when reading comments from Cameron when interviewed by Nick Robinson then it does seem plausible...

“I don’t think that’s right at all. Actually, over this weekend and into this week, people can see that the truly malign actor in this region is Iran, a country that has launched a state-on-state attack.

“And it’s this country, Iran, that is backing Hamas in Palestine, that’s backing Hezbollah in Lebanon, that’s backing the Houthis in the Red Sea.”

The question was about Western Govts backing Israel but just saying words and doing nothing when Palestinians are attacked...

2 minutes ago, StirlingEgg said:

Hadn't considered this before but when reading comments from Cameron when interviewed by Nick Robinson then it does seem plausible...

“I don’t think that’s right at all. Actually, over this weekend and into this week, people can see that the truly malign actor in this region is Iran, a country that has launched a state-on-state attack.

“And it’s this country, Iran, that is backing Hamas in Palestine, that’s backing Hezbollah in Lebanon, that’s backing the Houthis in the Red Sea.”

The question was about Western Govts backing Israel but just saying words and doing nothing when Palestinians are attacked...

Assume he wasnt challenged on his non answer? 

41 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Assume he wasnt challenged on his non answer? 

I doubt it but have only read excerpts from it. Instead there's a big hoo ha about Robinson using the word 'murder' in reference to treatment of Palestinians. Usual govt pish about BBC impartiality. 

When an RAF jet shoots down a drone / missle. Who pays for the fuel and RAF missle used to shoot down the drone?

Does Isreal reimburse the UK or is it just chalked up to expenses of defending an ally?

1 hour ago, Diamond Scot said:

When an RAF jet shoots down a drone / missle. Who pays for the fuel and RAF missle used to shoot down the drone?

Does Isreal reimburse the UK or is it just chalked up to expenses of defending an ally?

We were paying the USA back until 2006 for the lend lease program - i think it was just us that paid them back and the Russians gave the middle finger 

So that was for Ships, Tanks, Guns and Ammunition that we used ourselves.

We didnt pay for the military hardware that the US used themselves for fighting in Europe

Therefore we will be paying for the cost of us defending Israel however by that rule of thumb i expect Ukraine to be paying us back for the next 60 years

Unless they do what the Russians did in 1946

3 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

We were paying the USA back until 2006 for the lend lease program - i think it was just us that paid them back and the Russians gave the middle finger 

So that was for Ships, Tanks, Guns and Ammunition that we used ourselves.

We didnt pay for the military hardware that the US used themselves for fighting in Europe

Therefore we will be paying for the cost of us defending Israel however by that rule of thumb i expect Ukraine to be paying us back for the next 60 years

Unless they do what the Russians did in 1946

So do Israel then pay us back?

Would seem strange if it cost us to defend Israel from an attack from Iran which came about because Israel attacked some Iranian commanders (rightly or wrongly)

11 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

So do Israel then pay us back?

Would seem strange if it cost us to defend Israel from an attack from Iran which came about because Israel attacked some Iranian commanders (rightly or wrongly)

They will pay for any arms we give them

They will not pay for RAF Jets helping them afaik

1 hour ago, Malcolm said:

Smoking ban bill passes….  Nanny state nonsense

Am I being particularly thick? How exactly is this going to work? How will you tell whether someone was born after 2009? I get 'Check 25' policies etc. but if it's 2054 how do you check, whether someone is 45 or 44? 

24 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Am I being particularly thick? How exactly is this going to work? How will you tell whether someone was born after 2009? I get 'Check 25' policies etc. but if it's 2054 how do you check, whether someone is 45 or 44? 

You’re chipped. If you’re classd as an asset to society and have some ‘medz credz’ you’ll be allowed to buy yourself into an earlier death…… opt in to opt out.

48 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

basically banning smoking over time by stealth.  What next… alcohol? Sugar?

these are both bad for you, why are they not banned?

the worlds fucked - let people make their own choices