The news thread - Page 150 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, 86glebestreet said:

Referee Anthony Taylor who was with his family confronted by Roma fans at Airport 

After Jose had confronted him in the car park after the game. He'll hopefully get severely punished for that.

Not excusing bad behaviour but I wouldn't be  taking my family with me if I was a ref. 

1 hour ago, Och Aye said:

After Jose had confronted him in the car park after the game. He'll hopefully get severely punished for that.

Not excusing bad behaviour but I wouldn't be  taking my family with me if I was a ref. 

Roma’s bench has had 13 red cards this season 

2 hours ago, Och Aye said:

Just seen the ref and his family's experience at the airport. That and Mourinho's antics should see Roma get a 2 year European ban. Disgraceful.

Agreed, fuck knows how Klopp didn’t get the book thrown at him either for his “exuberance” in the face of the 4th official this season

MPS vote to make Margaret Ferrier a Covid scapegoat along with the SNP and suspend her from the Commons for 30 days

14 SNP MPs voted to suspend her

Edited by Ally Bongo

With friends like these, eh?  🙄

As I understand it, in order for a by-election to be triggered the sitting MP's constituents have to sign a recall petition - as in, go out and physically sign a petition. 

The threshold is pretty low though, I think about 10% of eligible constituents have to sign the thing, although I expect Labour will be going around Rutherglen this very minute chapping doors trying to get people to do just that.  It wouldn't surprise me if they were laying transport on for folk to go out and sign the petition!

I doubt the same thing will happen to Johnson, even if these WhatsApp messages are as bad as anticipated, but that's to be expected.  

1 hour ago, scotlad said:

With friends like these, eh?  🙄

As I understand it, in order for a by-election to be triggered the sitting MP's constituents have to sign a recall petition - as in, go out and physically sign a petition. 

The threshold is pretty low though, I think about 10% of eligible constituents have to sign the thing, although I expect Labour will be going around Rutherglen this very minute chapping doors trying to get people to do just that.  It wouldn't surprise me if they were laying transport on for folk to go out and sign the petition!

I doubt the same thing will happen to Johnson, even if these WhatsApp messages are as bad as anticipated, but that's to be expected.  

Labour don't need to go round the doors to get signatures. They've probably got a whole batch of them ready to go. 😉

Rutherglen and Hamilton West has flip-flopped a bit in the last few elections. It’s been slated for a Labour gain along with the two Alba seats since the point the Labour vote picked up.    If you want to gauge where the SNP are now, the 2017 election is probably a good starting point.  The SNP vote largely stayed at home then and the Labour vote was pretty consistent.  

25 minutes ago, aaid said:

Rutherglen and Hamilton West has flip-flopped a bit in the last few elections. It’s been slated for a Labour gain along with the two Alba seats since the point the Labour vote picked up.    If you want to gauge where the SNP are now, the 2017 election is probably a good starting point.  The SNP vote largely stayed at home then and the Labour vote was pretty consistent.  

This is why i hope Margaret stands as an Independent and knocks the SNP into 3rd place or a very poor second 

Also been reported that Yousaf has binned the local candidates and is planning to parachute his own in

10 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

This is why i hope Margaret stands as an Independent and knocks the SNP into 3rd place or a very poor second 

Also been reported that Yousaf has binned the local candidates and is planning to parachute his own in

She won’t.  

Just like Labour then.

28 minutes ago, aaid said:

She won’t.  

Just like Labour then.

The SNP becoming like Nu Labour is the problem

Fed up getting tweets from idiot Tory MSPs who I don't follow.

Latest recycling Telegraph saying DRS 'could' add £40 a week to shopping bill.

1. Who in earth buys 200 plastic or glass bottles a week?

2. Haven't they worked out that the whole point of a DRS (including the UK one that they'll support) is to add to the cost of the shopping bill? If it didn't add to the cost they'd be no incentive to return things.

I see that the tram extension to Newhaven in Edinburgh opened officially today.  

Given that this hasn’t been continually on the news for the last few years that it’s gone relatively smoothly.  

2 hours ago, aaid said:

Turns out Bobby Gillespie is a hypocritical cunt.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PdXwrbowNulQtpdAe_PrdhJqARVv8vu0/view

He has been a known cunt for years - it's just that it didn't go mainstream when Terry Christian outed him a few years ago