The news thread - Page 148 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

12 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Is that the same bloke that shagged Tanya Stevenson (The Morning Line) and told everyone how hairy a fanny she has ?

I’ve literally no idea who you’re talking about.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seems CIA (criminal insane Americans) mercenaries are taking it to Russian territory. 

Royal Berkshire hunts are in full denial but most pleased with current dividends in their shares in the uk world class weapons manufacturers. The public money pocketed being about £6,000,000,000 per year since the ramp up in hostilities. Kerching 

I saw Ms Turner in '96 (I think) on the Wildest Dreams Tour at the old Wembley Stadium.

Somehow, I ended up front row, dead centre, and during "Nutbush City Limits" she left the stage and walked straight towards me, outstretched the microphone and on the beat, I was supposed to shout NUTBUSH!!! but I wasn't expecting this, so I just looked her in the eyes😄

As she turned the mic to the person next to me, she leaned right into me and said, "You need to be quicker than that son!"

She was so close, I could smell her perfume.

I didn't go because I was a big fan or anything. I went because I thought she might not do it again (as it happens, she did more tours thereafter).

I must say, her performance was absolutely superb. She was brilliant.

UKG have pulled the vote to confirm Margaret Ferrier’s suspension from the House of Commons, which will no doubt lead to by-election  

Seems to be that a number of Tory MPs are planning to vote against it.  I doubt that’s through any love for her but rather not wanting to set a precedent for Boris Johnson.  

Mental stuff. 

Edited by aaid

1 hour ago, aaid said:

UKG have pulled the vote to confirm Margaret Ferrier’s suspension from the House of Commons, which will no doubt lead to by-election  

Seems to be that a number of Tory MPs are planning to vote against it.  I doubt that’s through any love for her but rather not wanting to set a precedent for Boris Johnson.  

Mental stuff. 

Imagine it would also be a big coup for Labour who would win the seat and demonstrate their momentum towards the GE. 

2 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

Imagine it would also be a big coup for Labour who would win the seat and demonstrate their momentum towards the GE. 

I think what’s happened is that the UKG have fucked up here.

The UKG controls the business and so it’s up to them to bring the motion.   It should’ve been called today, which is coincidentally the last day before recess (English half term holidays) and as the majority of MPs would have knocked off early to get away, there weren’t many MPs actually in Westminster.  They got wind of enough Tory MPs who were planning on voting against it - and that’s all down to Boris Johnson - and so they had to pull it.   It’s mildly embarrassing for the SNP is she’s thrown out but if she retains her seat due to rebel Tories then it backfires on them.

I suspect it’s only delaying the inevitable.  I’m not sure the Tories really care who wins the by-election, it’s a bit of a no lose for them.

Hopefully Margaret will stand as an Independent and the Yes movement get her elected - like Hanvey

Would get it right up the SNP stitch up fucks

Would not be one bit surprised if Phillip Schofield commits Hari Kari in the next weeks/months as the walls of his sham come tumbling down

Also good to see that those who turned a blind eye are in the headlights

34 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Would not be one bit surprised if Phillip Schofield commits Hari Kari in the next weeks/months as the walls of his sham come tumbling down

Also good to see that those who turned a blind eye are in the headlights

National treasure apparently 

21 minutes ago, dan cake said:

National treasure apparently 

When he is banking on the Daily Mail saving his arse you know he is fucked

They will turn on him the minute they sense public opinion isnt on his side

1 hour ago, ParisInAKilt said:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2023/may/03/the-killing-of-joanna-simpson-she-was-bludgeoned-and-buried-by-her-husband-why-is-he-being-set-free?CMP=share_btn_tw

One of those stories that beggars belief in terms of him being given such a light sentence, assuming the article isn’t missing other context 

I remember this case as it was not far from where I live.  While I'm not necessarily saying I disagree with the basic premise of the article, it's a pretty one side piece.  I think you'd really need to go back to the original trial and sentencing remarks to get an understanding of why he was charged or convicted with manslaughter rather than murder and all that flows from that.  I suspect its not that clear cut or straight forwards and is slightly more nuanced.

16 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

When he is banking on the Daily Mail saving his arse you know he is fucked

They will turn on him the minute they sense public opinion isnt on his side

If he'd been having a consensual affair with an 18 year old girl would public opinion not be on his side or would it be a case of "eh, Phil, what's he like"?

A bit of a whiff of homophobia about a lot of the reporting of this.   

49 minutes ago, aaid said:

I remember this case as it was not far from where I live.  While I'm not necessarily saying I disagree with the basic premise of the article, it's a pretty one side piece.  I think you'd really need to go back to the original trial and sentencing remarks to get an understanding of why he was charged or convicted with manslaughter rather than murder and all that flows from that.  I suspect its not that clear cut or straight forwards and is slightly more nuanced.

Aye it read like that. 

Quick google “The jury at Reading Crown Court acquitted him of murder and he was given a 26-year sentence for manslaughter by reason of diminished responsibility, which he had already admitted”

I know the first article there mentioned adjustment disorder. Still staggering to me how the jury could find him not guilty of murder though.