The news thread - Page 147 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

40 minutes ago, aaid said:

I think a big chunk of that is they’ve ramped up over recent years to upgrade the digital network, once that’s completed they’ll have no need for most of them. 

Once that's completed there's going to be a massive recovery project to recover all the existing copper in the ground. Plus the decommissioning of exchanges that won't be needed. 

The network will still need maintained so the numbers being cut won't be anything like the 55000 the clowns in charge are hoping for.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Ffs 🤬

The funeral and lying-in-state of Queen Elizabeth II in September 2022 cost the UK Government an estimated £161.7 million, according to figures published by the Treasury.

You’d have thought she would’ve had a prepaid funeral plan wi the co-op 😵‍💫

13 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

I was thinking more Sunlife, she could have done a lot with a £100 argos voucher 😄

58 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Interesting how things are reported. 'Cost the Government', sounds so much better than 'cost the hard working taxpayers who are struggling with the cost of living crisis'.

10 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Interesting how things are reported. 'Cost the Government', sounds so much better than 'cost the hard working taxpayers who are struggling with the cost of living crisis'.

Nice to know the government now pays for funerals 🤔

Jim Brown - legendary NFL running back turned actor passes away aged 87

Films include The Dirty Dozen and Ice Station Zebra 

13 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Andy Rourke, bassist in The Smiths, passes away aged 59

Pancreatic cancer again

Sad news. Can't have been an easy job in a band between those egos.

There does seem to be a big increase in cases of that disease compared to decades ago. Modern Western diet a factor? It's still very rare in Third World countries. 

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

Sad news. Can't have been an easy job in a band between those egos.

There does seem to be a big increase in cases of that disease compared to decades ago. Modern Western diet a factor? It's still very rare in Third World countries. 

I'm sure i recall Johnny Marr saying that one of the major factors of The Smiths splitting up was because Rourke was in a bad way with the heroin and if they continued he would have died

Alcohol abuse and smoking is the main driver of pancreatic cancer

1 hour ago, Hertsscot said:

According to the BBC news at 10 Phillip Schofield resigning from This Morning is the most important news in the whole world. Wtf!

🤣 don't you remember the philip schofield is gay story

13 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

According to the BBC news at 10 Phillip Schofield resigning from This Morning is the most important news in the whole world. Wtf!

Surely eclipsed today by Ramy’s arrival in Glasgow 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🛬 🍻 Even Beyonce has been relegated to page 2 on the news . 

Actor Ray Stevenson passes away days before his 59th birthday

No cause of death yet known

He was brilliant in Rome

RIP

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

Actor Ray Stevenson passes away days before his 59th birthday

No cause of death yet known

He was brilliant in Rome

RIP

rome.jpg

Dominic Raab to stand down as MP at next election

No loss. He's got a majority of about 2,500. I don't buy the wanting to spend time with my family spiel.  I think he's just scared of being rejected by the voters. Shame I'd have liked to have seen him lose his seat 

7 minutes ago, dan cake said:

His wife and daughter stood by him even tho some of the victims were her childhood friends, can only assume the agreement being she was left alone. Hopefully they follow him soon

A bloke I know has shagged the daughter.

10 minutes ago, aaid said:

A bloke I know has shagged the daughter.

Is that the same bloke that shagged Tanya Stevenson (The Morning Line) and told everyone how hairy a fanny she has ?