The news thread - Page 139 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

42 minutes ago, aaid said:

That’s an absolutely horrible story but the headline and framing are a bit disingenuous.

Aye the headline seems to make out it's the plastic bag that's the bad bit. I find hard to believe that the other details are accurate though. Why would any health professional do that? Just doesn't make any sense at all.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Aye the headline seems to make out it's the plastic bag that's the bad bit. I find hard to believe that the other details are accurate though. Why would any health professional do that? Just doesn't make any sense at all.

Loads of shite used to happen years ago, look at the forced adoptions stuff yesterday, the authorities thought they didn’t have to answer to anyone.   There’s probably some dodgy stuff going on now but I get the general impression that the public are less accepting and more likely to raise a stink now.

another shooting in the USA, this time 3 9 year old kids were killed. Here is the congressman for Nashville where the shooting took place. That was his family christmas card

They make westminster look normal

A suspension of 30 days from the HoC has just been recommended for Margaret Ferrier.   Will almost certainly result in a by-election.  An early test for Humza Yousaf.  Might be better to lose the by-election and then pick it back up at the general election. 

On 3/28/2023 at 3:50 PM, vanderark14 said:

another shooting in the USA, this time 3 9 year old kids were killed. Here is the congressman for Nashville where the shooting took place. That was his family christmas card

They make westminster look normal

terrible, and happening with regularity in the USA.  the press had been reporting the shooter as a woman, it was actually a man.  I thought it highly unusual for a woman to do this.  Don’t see gun laws changing unfortunately for them.

On 3/30/2023 at 9:13 AM, aaid said:

A suspension of 30 days from the HoC has just been recommended for Margaret Ferrier.   Will almost certainly result in a by-election.  An early test for Humza Yousaf.  Might be better to lose the by-election and then pick it back up at the general election. 

https://talkingupscotlandtwo.com/2023/03/31/further-thoughts-on-the-ferrier-case/

21 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

FFS.   Basically it’s a fuck you if you have a car.  If we don’t tax you out of it we are going to make it as painful as possible to drive anywhere.  The world going fucking mad.

I feel like leaving Scotland.

55 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Politicians can often be a bunch of slimy sleazy fukers. 

Yip, she should’ve resigned at the time it happened.  Not sure why Allan Dorans wanted the avoid the bi-election when Humza Yousaf’s called for her to resign, maybe he didn’t get the memo.  The Tories are obviously concerned about setting a precedent for Boris Johnson. 

edit. Look who thinks she’s been stabbed in the back by the SNP.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/23425908.joanna-cherry-treatment-margaret-ferrier-snp-shameful/

Edited by aaid

58 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

FFS.   Basically it’s a fuck you if you have a car.  If we don’t tax you out of it we are going to make it as painful as possible to drive anywhere.  The world going fucking mad.

I feel like leaving Scotland.

There are going to make the Queensferry Crossing single carriageway so you might as well fuk off right now. 😉 😂

38 minutes ago, aaid said:

Yip, she should’ve resigned at the time it happened.  Not sure why Allan Dorans wanted the avoid the bi-election when Humza Yousaf’s called for her to resign, maybe he didn’t get the memo.  The Tories are obviously concerned about setting a precedent for Boris Johnson. 

edit. Look who thinks she’s been stabbed in the back by the SNP.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/23425908.joanna-cherry-treatment-margaret-ferrier-snp-shameful/

Aye, she should have, but it wasn't really her I was talking about. It's the other sleazy fukers on the committee I was talking about. She is worse than them, right enough. 

3 hours ago, aaid said:

Agreed.  I don't like politicians who are sure of their cause and won't put it to the public vote. I think Ferrier falls into this category (i.e. I made a mistake but the voters forgive me) as do those who get elected under one party banner and then change to another party (Hanvey/MacAskill).  Its not  a party political point, I just think it shows a lack of integrity on their behalf.  Maybe if a politician is no longer a member of the party on whose ticket they were elected should automatically trigger a by election?

12 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Agreed.  I don't like politicians who are sure of their cause and won't put it to the public vote. I think Ferrier falls into this category (i.e. I made a mistake but the voters forgive me) as do those who get elected under one party banner and then change to another party (Hanvey/MacAskill).  Its not  a party political point, I just think it shows a lack of integrity on their behalf.  Maybe if a politician is no longer a member of the party on whose ticket they were elected should automatically trigger a by election?

Mostly I agree with that, however, you also have the situation with Corbyn, who has been thrown out of the Labour Party by Starmer, has the support of his local branch and I suspect the electorate as well.  Should he be forced to fight a by-election?

17 hours ago, aaid said:

Mostly I agree with that, however, you also have the situation with Corbyn, who has been thrown out of the Labour Party by Starmer, has the support of his local branch and I suspect the electorate as well.  Should he be forced to fight a by-election?

Probably. I'd vote for him over whatever candidate Labour put up anyhow. I suspect he's it's one of those cases where he genuinely does have a lot of personal support. Of course there's the danger of splitting the vote and letting in someone you really don't want but maybe it would make some parties less vindictive (as in Corbyn's case). I think cases like Ferrier, Hanvey etc are much more common.

Heading to Lower Manhattan, the Courthouse. Seems so SURREAL — WOW, they are going to ARREST ME. Can’t believe this is happening in America. MAGA!"

Donald Trump, en route to court