The news thread - Page 122 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

On 1/23/2023 at 12:11 AM, Kirk said:

Both my parents were teachers and retired a few years early (about 5 years ago now) due to how different things were and restricted they were compared to when they started eg don't shout at kids, talk to them nicely when giving into trouble etc. Nonsense that doesn't work, sometimes you need to give a kid a shouting at.

My dad was PE and teaching at Holyrood his last few years, he was getting squared up by kids, some of them 16/17/18 and bigger than him. Lots of issues with the Roma kids touching up girls etc and behaving like thugs in general. Kids carrying knives, there was one bad stabbing in his last year. 

He had taught in easterhouse for 20+ years and dealt with all sorts of nutters over the year, but never knives etc and you could use your authority and for the most part be respected by the kids. He said it was just so so different now and if you shouted at kids they would report you and stuff.

Both parents were fortunate enough to be able to retire early and get away from it. And that was 2 folk who absolutely loved being teachers.

Holyrood is Scotland's largest secondary school isn't it ?, has fair churned out is fair share of pop stars & football players, on the subject of the Roma, they have overran Govanhill (which was a great place to grow up in the 1970's btw) and they are also the well organised beggers that blight Glasgow city centre.

Me and the wife sat in a pub in merchant city and saw four being dropped off in a car (with the usual blanket & cup) and the ones who had been begging previously jumped into the same car.

I always chuck a few pound coins into the poor souls that are genuinely down in their luck and tell the to get something to eat, but i'd never even give a penny to that Roma lot, because their at it !!!!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

That guy getting sent into a female prison for rape is fucking nuts.

Under no circumstances is that right.

Being held in isolation and will in no way mix with the prison population

When he returns to court he will get a lengthy prison sentence and at that time the Prison Service will decide what to do.

The same thing would have happened in England

The reality is far different from the headline news being spouted by Unionists and Alba

50 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Being held in isolation and will in no way mix with the prison population

When he returns to court he will get a lengthy prison sentence and at that time the Prison Service will decide what to do.

The same thing would have happened in England

The reality is far different from the headline news being spouted by Unionists and Alba

I never said it couldn't happen elsewhere.  World's absolutely fucked when this can actually happen. 

32 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I never said it couldn't happen elsewhere.  World's absolutely fucked when this can actually happen. 

Yes that is true especially with this case

I guess the problem with saying "Fuck that you arsehole" to the Rapist and treating him like Jimmy Boyle would result in all sorts of legal suits etc

9 hours ago, glasgow jock said:

Holyrood is Scotland's largest secondary school isn't it ?, has fair churned out is fair share of pop stars & football players, on the subject of the Roma, they have overran Govanhill (which was a great place to grow up in the 1970's btw) and they are also the well organised beggers that blight Glasgow city centre.

Me and the wife sat in a pub in merchant city and saw four being dropped off in a car (with the usual blanket & cup) and the ones who had been begging previously jumped into the same car.

I always chuck a few pound coins into the poor souls that are genuinely down in their luck and tell the to get something to eat, but i'd never even give a penny to that Roma lot, because their at it !!!!

Yes i believe it is. Aye Alan Brazil is never short of mentioning them haha. I wasnt trying to slate the Romas as a whole as there are plenty of nice folk too but yes there is an issue with them at times. There are plenty of scottish folk that have never worked a day in their life too.

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

correct

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

Yes that is true especially with this case

I guess the problem with saying "Fuck that you arsehole" to the Rapist and treating him like Jimmy Boyle would result in all sorts of legal suits etc

Which in itself is a joke.

If you rape a woman as a man then I'm sorry but sue all you want   Even in solitary they should be nowhere near a female prison. Guys at it. 

IMG-20230125-WA0037.jpg

18 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Which in itself is a joke.

If you rape a woman as a man then I'm sorry but sue all you want   Even in solitary they should be nowhere near a female prison. Guys at it. 

IMG-20230125-WA0037.jpg

Obviously nae been for the nip & tuck op yet going by that photo, absolute chancer.

On 1/25/2023 at 6:05 PM, Squirrelhumper said:

Squirrel, nuts 

I get it . Must hurt

or it is rather irresponsible of the authorities to let the convicted violent deviant sexual predator be in a position to be able to fuck nutty women. 

This trans * issue has increasingly intrigued me this century. 
First considered it as a subject the UK could and then were using for decisive , deviant reasons as UK has always .
trans* - commonly used term with the vaguest of definition . 

Transvestite and transsexual were the dressers and converters that I first heard termed . 

The original sell for HS2 was a high speed link from Central London to Manchester. Then they changed it to Manchester as part of phase 2 . Now its looking like it won't even run from central london. Its too expensive so the compromise is to end at West London

14/10/22 - Official costs for completion of HS2 Phase One and 2a, set out in the Integrated Rail Plan, currently sit at £42.5bn, while the cost for the western leg of Phase 2b is £17bn. The HS2 East Core Network - the replacement for the original eastern leg of HS2 - sits at £12.8bn.

2 hours ago, EddardStark said:

The original sell for HS2 was a high speed link from Central London to Manchester. Then they changed it to Manchester as part of phase 2 . Now its looking like it won't even run from central london. Its too expensive so the compromise is to end at West London

14/10/22 - Official costs for completion of HS2 Phase One and 2a, set out in the Integrated Rail Plan, currently sit at £42.5bn, while the cost for the western leg of Phase 2b is £17bn. The HS2 East Core Network - the replacement for the original eastern leg of HS2 - sits at £12.8bn.

How on earth the Tories have a reputation for financial prudence is completely and utterly beyond me. When it not downright corruption, it's down right incompetence. All to shave what, 15 minutes between London and Birmingham? 

4 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Aye, but what aboot the ferries???????

Sylvia Syms passes away aged 89

Gorgeous in her day - most memorably in Ice Cold in Alex

Mother of Beatie Edney who played Heather in Highlander

Tom Verlaine - lead singer of 70s rock band Television dies aged 73

Marquee Moon is one of the greatest albums of all time

tomverlaine.jpg

Edited by Ally Bongo

1 hour ago, 86glebestreet said:

Zahawi gone 

Sure to be more (innocent) mistakes come to light soon, getting rid afore more scandals hit the front pages.

Shower of crooks fae broke Boris right through the whole lot of the chancers.

39 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Sure to be more (innocent) mistakes come to light soon, getting rid afore more scandals hit the front pages.

Shower of crooks fae broke Boris right through the whole lot of the chancers.

The report is absolutely scathing, rubbishes claims from Zahawi that he was merely in discussions with HMRC rather than being investigated by them and finds he essentially tried to cover the whole thing up

6 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Matthew Parris, a political columnist who I think is a funny man said this on Any Questions on R4 " Boris Johnson left a trail on slime whist he was in office. The current PM and his government are stuck in it. "

Zahawi is up to his neck in slime. Really repulsive, lying through his teeth when he said HMRC weren't investigating him and then bullying journalists by threatening to sue them if they made such claims (which, surprise, surprise, turned out to be true!). Seems to embody all the corruption at the heart of the UK Government and the current Tory Party.

Off to the 'Lights On' rally in Edinburgh tomorrow. Just as well as I checked my mail, rally doesn't begin at Holyrood but ends there. Just as well I checked otherwise I'd have ended up looking very silly standing on my own for a couple of hours.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/lights-on-march-and-rally-edinburgh-tickets-519601561257?utm_source=eventbrite&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=reminder_attendees_48hour_email&utm_term=eventname&ref=eemaileventremind