The news thread - Page 121 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

23 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I've only seen stills in the online newspaper article but as a human being and assuming the teacher was in the room I find it hard to understand why the teacher wouldn't step in front, how could anyone.....not just a teacher sit back and watch someone get kicked in the head like that. 

HAs it been confirmed the teacher was in the room?

EDIT - a quote from the Sun rag - In the 15-second clip, shocked pupils look on and the attack comes to an end when a teacher enters the classroom and shouts "stop".

That suggests the teacher wasn't present when it started then (caveat being it's a quote from The Sun).

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 1/20/2023 at 1:17 PM, TDYER63 said:

I don’t know if the teacher was in the room. I am only going by what I am reading on here. I am saying in general that teachers are less likely to pile in due to other weapons being used. I imagine each teacher and each situation is different. 

Both my parents were teachers and retired a few years early (about 5 years ago now) due to how different things were and restricted they were compared to when they started eg don't shout at kids, talk to them nicely when giving into trouble etc. Nonsense that doesn't work, sometimes you need to give a kid a shouting at.

My dad was PE and teaching at Holyrood his last few years, he was getting squared up by kids, some of them 16/17/18 and bigger than him. Lots of issues with the Roma kids touching up girls etc and behaving like thugs in general. Kids carrying knives, there was one bad stabbing in his last year. 

He had taught in easterhouse for 20+ years and dealt with all sorts of nutters over the year, but never knives etc and you could use your authority and for the most part be respected by the kids. He said it was just so so different now and if you shouted at kids they would report you and stuff.

Both parents were fortunate enough to be able to retire early and get away from it. And that was 2 folk who absolutely loved being teachers.

Huu Can Tran, the California mass shooting suspect, kills himself when surrounded by Police

He was 72

Unfortunate name in the gender reform climate

27 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Huu Can Tran, the California mass shooting suspect, kills himself when surrounded by Police

He was 72

Unfortunate name in the gender reform climate

33rd mass shooting in america this year, what a fucked up place

When the Tories were claiming last week that based on FOI requests, people were waiting for up to five years, they were actually scheduled follow-up appointments for people who had been treated for cancer and the like to review how their treatment had gone.  

What a bunch of chancers.  I wonder if those outlets that printed that story will print the actual one.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/23267661.nhs-grampian-refutes-tory-five-year-wait-cancer-scan-claims/

10 minutes ago, aaid said:

When the Tories were claiming last week that based on FOI requests, people were waiting for up to five years, they were actually scheduled follow-up appointments for people who had been treated for cancer and the like to review how their treatment had gone.  

What a bunch of chancers.  I wonder if those outlets that printed that story will print the actual one.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/23267661.nhs-grampian-refutes-tory-five-year-wait-cancer-scan-claims/

Not a chance they will.

3 hours ago, aaid said:

Anyone want to take a guess at which day this week Nadhim “I’m not resigning” Zahawi, will resign,  I’m going for Wednesday morning just before PMQs.  

This "inquiry" might buy him another few weeks. Might be just enough time to get some more sleazy deals sorted out before he goes. I wonder how much un-taxable income he can earn between now and then?

20 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

This "inquiry" might buy him another few weeks. Might be just enough time to get some more sleazy deals sorted out before he goes. I wonder how much un-taxable income he can earn between now and then?

Depends entirely what comes out between now and then.

17 hours ago, Kirk said:

Both my parents were teachers and retired a few years early (about 5 years ago now) due to how different things were and restricted they were compared to when they started eg don't shout at kids, talk to them nicely when giving into trouble etc. Nonsense that doesn't work, sometimes you need to give a kid a shouting at.

My dad was PE and teaching at Holyrood his last few years, he was getting squared up by kids, some of them 16/17/18 and bigger than him. Lots of issues with the Roma kids touching up girls etc and behaving like thugs in general. Kids carrying knives, there was one bad stabbing in his last year. 

He had taught in easterhouse for 20+ years and dealt with all sorts of nutters over the year, but never knives etc and you could use your authority and for the most part be respected by the kids. He said it was just so so different now and if you shouted at kids they would report you and stuff.

Both parents were fortunate enough to be able to retire early and get away from it. And that was 2 folk who absolutely loved being teachers.

Yeah, its all very well people saying for teachers to interfere in fights but there can be an automatic physical disadvantage , whats the point of the teacher getting beat up as well. What about the wee 5 2’’,  7 stone teacher, what is she supposed to do? 

There is just not the respect generally in society these days. And its not just in schools in disadvantaged areas. The lack of respect shown by kids who think they are above the law as mummy and daddy are rich is equally unacceptable . 

Its a shame that good teachers like your parents feel they have had enough. 

10 hours ago, aaid said:

It's not how they operate. Just get your headline, put it out in social media, get it in the Daily Mail in Tesco where all the shoppers can see it, never matter that it's all lies. They really are despicable.

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Yeah, its all very well people saying for teachers to interfere in fights but there can be an automatic physical disadvantage , whats the point of the teacher getting beat up as well. What about the wee 5 2’’,  7 stone teacher, what is she supposed to do? 

There is just not the respect generally in society these days. And its not just in schools in disadvantaged areas. The lack of respect shown by kids who think they are above the law as mummy and daddy are rich is equally unacceptable . 

Its a shame that good teachers like your parents feel they have had enough. 

Yeah totally agree, kids in general just don't know how to behave or have any respect for anyone. 

Aye they had just had enough eventually and were fortunate that they had put aside a good private pension for themselves so they could retire earlier than planned.

6 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

From Taaxwatch U.K.  

“You're 23 (twenty-three) times more likely to be prosecuted for benefit than tax crime, even though tax fraud and error costs an estimated £20bn a year compared to £2bn in benefit fraud and error.”

“Tax evasion the real cunts” is a tv series in the making, probably not on the Bbc tho

On Jon Stewarts podcast they were talking about how states like California have at least some rules against gun ownership it's totally undone by the fact that other states just flood the whole country cause of their lax rules. I even think they were saying loads of guns involved in Mexican crime were US ones now too.

Pretty wild

3 hours ago, dan cake said:

Add another, 7 dead California again 

2 elderly Chinese-American men are the perpetrators

Manchurian Candidates ?

State pension age being looked at again in the Uk.  This constant shafting by the state sends out one message to me….   Look after number 1 as the state can’t be relied on…..  eg, buy to lets to fund retirement.

….meanwhile in Japan, headlines are that the falling birth rate means that they are in danger of societal collapse.