The news thread - Page 110 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mhari will be great as deputy.

The young,under 30's love her.

And the auld guys amongst us just need to accept that.

The old guard are being replaced by the next generation.

Our generation took the people to the party, but the people didn't want to dance 

Hopefully the next generation will have the balls we don't have.

I'll support Mhari Black.

5 minutes ago, stocky said:

Mhari will be great as deputy.

The young,under 30's love her.

And the auld guys amongst us just need to accept that.

The old guard are being replaced by the next generation.

Our generation took the people to the party, but the people didn't want to dance 

Hopefully the next generation will have the balls we don't have.

I'll support Mhari Black.

👍👍👍

I am not sure about her, I think you need someone a bit more polished to cut across the masses, we need more than the under 30’s. Thats not to say I dislike her, I do like her, but not convinced of her in that role. I think she will get people’s backs up rather than convince them.
If she does get it and does well I will happily eat my words. 

13 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I am not sure about her, I think you need someone a bit more polished to cut across the masses, we need more than the under 30’s. Thats not to say I dislike her, I do like her, but not convinced of her in that role. I think she will get people’s backs up rather than convince them.
If she does get it and does well I will happily eat my words. 

I’m not saying that you were saying this but a few on here have been making the point that there should be a place for Salmond as he appeals to a - very small - section of the electorate.   Mhairi Black appeals to a much bigger section and is nowhere near as unpopular as Salmond is.

BTW, I’m neither advocating for nor against Mhairi Black. 

26 minutes ago, aaid said:

I’m not saying that you were saying this but a few on here have been making the point that there should be a place for Salmond as he appeals to a - very small - section of the electorate.   Mhairi Black appeals to a much bigger section and is nowhere near as unpopular as Salmond is.

BTW, I’m neither advocating for nor against Mhairi Black. 

Regardless of his popularity ( or lack of ) Salmond is, politically, a million miles superior to Mhairi Black. Plus she has a bit of a niche following herself.  But I take your point. 

1 hour ago, scotlad said:

Absolutely, plus she might have to turn up and do a bit of work, which she'd hate.  The lassie is a poser.

Is this you regurgitating a Unionist lie that started off in 2017 ?

https://members.parliament.uk/member/4421/voting

Going to be interesting what side the media fall on once the ginger one starts throwing the Royal muck around, obviously you’d expect them to back Big ears and the rest of the “firm” but once the racism is exposed they’ll be left with a dilemma. Diana’s shadow still looms large (hugely popular down south with the great unwashed) and I reckon if the laddie plays on that he could bring these inbred fuckers down. Fingers crossed 🤞 

2 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Do you?

Yes I do , actually.

Lovely lady, great laugh, sings well, shite dancer and always puts her hand in her pocket when there is a round to be bought.

Also helps out a lot in local politics, turns up at most branch events .

She is excellent responding to the media and as I said before the young generation admire and respect her.

53 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Gordon Brown and Keir Starmers latest pish is beyond a joke, surely no one can take anything these two twats say seriously.

Like a throwback to the 70s - we'll move civil service jobs out of London and scrap the House of Lords! 😂

It's also even less radical than their last proposal; that at least included unlimited borrowing powers and the devolution of empowerment law. This pig in a poke, on the other hand, recommends giving WM the final say over borrowing levels and letting the SG run Jobcentres. 🙄

11 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

Can I just throw in that I'm a wee bit over thirty, but do admire Mhari?

I'm nearly double 30, and I admire her greatly.🤗

I've worked with her on the doorstep, everyone respects her, on all sides 

Ive also seen her handle the gammonaterie in the snp with aplomb 

She'll go a long way 

16 hours ago, stocky said:

Yes I do , actually.

Lovely lady, great laugh, sings well, shite dancer and always puts her hand in her pocket when there is a round to be bought.

Also helps out a lot in local politics, turns up at most branch events .

She is excellent responding to the media and as I said before the young generation admire and respect her.

Right, so she's good company on a night out and she turns up at meetings. Good on her.

Hopefully she's also learned that shite like this makes her look immature at best, and arrogant and high-handed at worst:

1 hour ago, dan cake said:

Noticed Eddie Jones has been booted, Iv absolutely no interest in rugby whatsoever but he really is an odious little cunt. I really struggle to think of likeable Australian sportsman

Hard to dislike Warne.