The news thread - Page 108 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

14 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac has passed away aged 79

christine.jpg

Very sad.  If you had to bet on which one of the Rumours line up would be the first to go, she’d be the last one you’d have picked.  

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, aaid said:

Very sad.  If you had to bet on which one of the Rumours line up would be the first to go, she’d be the last one you’d have picked.  

Probably because Nicks and Buckingham antics were the most focused on

Being in a relationship with Dennis Wilson probably outstripped anything the rest got up to as he was into just about everything

She was also the oldest

4 hours ago, aaid said:

Pretty sure she was fairly fond of Nose Beers back in the day too

50 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Good. I'm not overly a fan.

Not sure his coupon on tv every 5 mins helps indy.

Whitford or somebody much better. 

Aye, Whitford would be good. Jo Cherry would have been even better if she hadn't got herself so embroiled in that daft GRA war.

28 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Aye, Whitford would be good. Jo Cherry would have been even better if she hadn't got herself so embroiled in that daft GRA war.

I think the fact she got herself embroiled in it in the first place shows how unsuitable she is for a leadership position.  

12 minutes ago, aaid said:

I think the fact she got herself embroiled in it in the first place shows how unsuitable she is for a leadership position.  

Being worried about women only spaces hardly quantifies as getting embroiled - or at least it shouldnt. 

This is the problem with the Trans rights community as far as i can see

19 minutes ago, aaid said:

Does it? Shows she's willing to speak her mind. You want ministers just to be permanently whipped and never question the party? Easy to cover stuff up that way I suppose. 

I'd rather we had a front bench that had principles but if you have them you are shunted to the back.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Does it? Shows she's willing to speak her mind. You want ministers just to be permanently whipped and never question the party? Easy to cover stuff up that way I suppose. 

I'd rather we had a front bench that had principles but if you have them you are shunted to the back.

Do you think it would be a good thing or a bad thing for the leader of the SNP group to be in open conflict with the FM?

5 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

😂

’Moronic light entertainment show ‘ 😡😡

It truly is. I was actually disappointed when I saw you, a normally good poster, admit you watched that tosh! 😄

TV for the (dumb) masses. It's a society going downhill fast.

10 hours ago, aaid said:

It was a trap (no pun intended) and she walked right into it. I know it's easy to be wise in hindsight but the fact is she's been neutralised by it, as unfair as that might be.

13 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Being worried about women only spaces hardly quantifies as getting embroiled - or at least it shouldnt. 

This is the problem with the Trans rights community as far as i can see

Correct.

The trans thing has absolutely ripped the cunt out of normal life.

JK Rowling (as much as I'm no a fan) said fuck all wrong

the snp and more specifically Nicola, have fucked up entirely with the GRA.  Misjudged the electorate.  Even yesterday a 22 year old biological male sex offender was being transferred in to cornton vale womens prison.

nicola should resign and let Joanna cherry lead the party never mind just Westminster . She was the only one with the balls to stand up to nicola……..    😊.

2 hours ago, Malcolm said:

the snp and more specifically Nicola, have fucked up entirely with the GRA.  Misjudged the electorate.  Even yesterday a 22 year old biological male sex offender was being transferred in to cornton vale womens prison.

nicola should resign and let Joanna cherry lead the party never mind just Westminster . She was the only one with the balls to stand up to nicola……..    😊.

The GRA bill hasn’t even passed through Holyrood and trans women sex offenders are in women’s prisons.  That’s because the two things *aren’t linked*.  The GRA act isn’t going to result in trans women being placed in women’s prisons, it’s the Gender Equality Act 2004 - which isn’t impacted and is reserved anyway, so couldn’t even if they wanted to - and the Scottish Prison Service’s interpretation of that, which has caused that for years.

Purely on the politics, I suspect that you don’t have a lot of knowledge of Joanna Cherry’s views on other issues.  

Edited by aaid

10 hours ago, scotlad said:

It was a trap (no pun intended) and she walked right into it. I know it's easy to be wise in hindsight but the fact is she's been neutralised by it, as unfair as that might be.

Genuine question as she’s been involved in a number of controversies, for want of a better word.  What specifically are you referring to as a trap.

10 hours ago, duncan II said:

It truly is. I was actually disappointed when I saw you, a normally good poster, admit you watched that tosh! 😄

TV for the (dumb) masses. It's a society going downhill fast.

😂 its not the first time I have disappointed someone therefore , being a half glass full kinda gal, will instead focus on your compliment 😁

Lets just say Ant and Dec are my guilty pleasure 😁

22 minutes ago, aaid said:

The GRA bill hasn’t even passed through Holyrood and trans women sex offenders are in women’s prisons.  That’s because the two things *aren’t linked*.  The GRA act isn’t going to result in trans women being placed in women’s prisons, it’s the Gender Equality Act 2004 - which isn’t impacted and is reserved anyway, so couldn’t even if they wanted to - and the Scottish Prison Service’s interpretation of that, which has caused that for years.

Purely on the politics, I suspect that you don’t have a lot of knowledge of Joanna Cherry’s views on other issues.  

Its from the Record so might not be wholly accurate,  but she is not really what Malcolm is looking for.

I would be happy with her though.  I think she would be more than capable of representing Scotland in Westminster. I am of the persuasion that its the best person for the job that gets it not whose face fits. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/snp-mp-joanna-cherry-open-27800653.amp

‘She added: “If I lived in England, I would definitely be a member of the Labour Party. I have a great affection for the Labour Party. After independence. I think the parties will realign themselves. And I would probably end up in a sort of Scottish Democratic Left Party or a Scottish Labour Party after independence.”

Edit to say I hope to fook its not Alyn Smith thats going backwards IMO . 

Edited by TDYER63