The news thread - Page 107 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, aaid said:

I dunno, she got £29 million out of it (at least), sounds pretty good to me. 

This is just normal business practice for these sort of folk. I will be very surprised if she does any porridge for her corruption.

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

I dunno, she got £29 million out of it (at least), sounds pretty good to me. 

This is just normal business practice for these sort of folk. I will be very surprised if she does any porridge for her corruption.

The UK authorities do seem to be very bad at successfully prosecuting serious fraud cases so you could be right.

There are other things though that would hurt Michelle Mone.

She’s someone who loves the attention, craves being seen as a successful woman with all the trappings of wealth and power.  

If she ended up as a disgraced former peer and was seen as a crook, I think that’d be hard for her to take. 

I just remembered something which I think sums Michelle Mone Up.

I've relatives that are Manx and when her home and offices in Douglas were raided earlier by the NCA, one of my cousins was discussing it on Facebook.

One of her pals, who I assume is a club/pub DJ came out with this cracker.   “She called me a cunt in such and such a pub because I wouldn’t play the song she wanted”.  I can’t remember which artist it was exactly but it was someone really shite like Kenny G or the like. 

RMT have settled with Scotrail.  Funny that the Scottish public sector seem to be being more successful at settling with the Unions than the rUK, but you won’t hear that on the BBC news.   In other news, I’ve just shelled out £75 for train tickets in January that I won’t be able to use because of a strike and my mother is unable to book a train ticket back up the road after Christmas as there is no Arriva timetable yet. 

15 hours ago, aaid said:

RMT have settled with Scotrail.  Funny that the Scottish public sector seem to be being more successful at settling with the Unions than the rUK, but you won’t hear that on the BBC news.   In other news, I’ve just shelled out £75 for train tickets in January that I won’t be able to use because of a strike and my mother is unable to book a train ticket back up the road after Christmas as there is no Arriva timetable yet. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-63742751

Its right there

24 minutes ago, aaid said:

Mentioned as an aside on Reporting Scotland last night but with a full feature on the Teachers strike - which was also featured on the BBC News beforehand.  Amazingly Reporting Scotland finally mentioned Michelle Mone.  

More than STV managed.

Yet, a rough draft of some weeks-old minutes from an NHS administrator pontificating stays in the news for the entire week and counting.

Lost a lot of respect for the likes of David Sole, Andy Irvine, Big Doddie et al in 2014

Wouldnt wish that on anyone though

A terrible and cruel illness

4 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Lost a lot of respect for the likes of David Sole, Andy Irvine, Big Doddie et al in 2014

People are entitled to express their opinions, it’s those that lie and dissemble that I’ve no time for.  I met Doddie in 1994, in the Leidseplein in Amsterdam at around 2 am in the morning, one of the nicest guys you could hope to meet, an absolute gent.  Obviously you knew about his condition but I was shocked at how he looked before the All Blacks game.  At least he’s at peace now.

6 minutes ago, aaid said:

People are entitled to express their opinions, it’s those that lie and dissemble that I’ve no time for.  I met Doddie in 1994, in the Leidseplein in Amsterdam at around 2 am in the morning, one of the nicest guys you could hope to meet, an absolute gent.  Obviously you knew about his condition but I was shocked at how he looked before the All Blacks game.  At least he’s at peace now.

Opinions like this ?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2754216/Childless-SNP-chiefs-no-feel-UK-family-Leaders-Scottish-National-Party-want-break-Union-not-understand-families-claimed.html

1 minute ago, Ally Bongo said:

I’m not going to give the Daily Mail clicks and read it.  Judging by the link, I don’t agree with it, but I’m not going to hate someone for expressing it.   It’s a view I’ve heard expressed towards other childless female politicians, most notably by Andrea Leadson in respect of Theresa May.

13 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Edit there's enough indy chat on here

Edited by vanderark14

7 minutes ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

fine, you want to play semantics ; the timing of your comment was out of line and you know it

What - being honest ?

After 2014 i couldnt stand the fucking lot of them and what made it worse was the likes of Sole going on TV the night before the referendum wearing a kilt and telling Scots to be servile to England

And then there was Doddie in his tartan suits after doing the same

I fucking hated them all

That doesnt mean i was happy to hear of his diagnosis and passing - quite the opposite

That clear enough ?

12 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

What - being honest ?

After 2014 i couldnt stand the fucking lot of them and what made it worse was the likes of Sole going on TV the night before the referendum wearing a kilt and telling Scots to be servile to England

And then there was Doddie in his tartan suits after doing the same

I fucking hated them all

That doesnt mean i was happy to hear of his diagnosis and passing - quite the opposite

That clear enough ?

There was no need to bring politics into it. Pay your respect or say nothing at all