The news thread - Page 100 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

6 hours ago, Kirk said:

Sunak, one of the richest guys about going to lead a country thats on its arse and tell us its fine and how mch the tories care etc etc.

He could give every single person in the UK £1 million and still have over £600 Mil in the bank. 

Think of the boost the economy would get if everyone had that money. Nobody would go to work probably but still

You using Diane Abbot’s abacus to do your sums?

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, aaid said:

Sunak is reportedly worth £730 million, the UK population is 67 million.

Sunak could give everyone about £11, not £1 million. 

So my point is right? 

I mean he could give any number. It was a basic point. 

Just now, Fairbairn said:

You need to run in better circles.

You need to have wider life experiences

Mine is being around people from Larkhall, Hamilton and interlopers from Bridgeton who were born in the 50s and 60s 

Unless of course White Supremecist Protestantism means something else ......

5 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

You need to have wider life experiences

Mine is being around people from Larkhall, Hamilton and interlopers from Bridgeton who were born in the 50s and 60s 

Unless of course White Supremecist Protestantism means something else ......

I'm not the one generalising anti SNP Rangers supporters as racists but crack on.

1 minute ago, Fairbairn said:

I'm not the one generalising anti SNP Rangers supporters as racists but crack on.

I believe i said those of a No Surrender disposition

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/opendemocracyuk/scotland-loyalists-lead-black-lives-matter-backlash/

14 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Ally was a Rangers fan but clearly he’s left all his racism behind now,

*spoiler, I don’t think he was ever a racist. 

1 hour ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Speaks to everyone like they're beneath him yet with all the leg ups he had from being born into the stratosphere of British class society and Oxford education his academic qualification is a 2:1 in history.    

He’s a fake toff as is Johnson. His father did very well for himself and was editor of The Times but his family was upper middle class.  His mother was his father’s secretary and her family was solid working class.  That’s probably a big reason why they both have affected accents and make out they’re posher than they actually are  

David Cameron on the other hand is a proper toff and is a seventh cousin to the King. 

2 hours ago, aaid said:

Ally was a Rangers fan but clearly he’s left all his racism behind now,

*spoiler, I don’t think he was ever a racist. 

If we are being honest almost everyone born of a certain era in Scotland , up until at least the 80s, was racist even if they were unaware of it  

35 minutes ago, aaid said:

He’s a fake toff as is Johnson. His father did very well for himself and was editor of The Times but his family was upper middle class.  His mother was his father’s secretary and her family was solid working class.  That’s probably a big reason why they both have affected accents and make out they’re posher than they actually are  

David Cameron on the other hand is a proper toff and is a seventh cousin to the King. 

Elvis ?

'New' cabinet not exactly inspiring, rehash of the same useless nodding heads who helped land us in the current mess. Unbelievable that Braverman is back after basically getting sacked about a week ago. I'm still deciding who's worse, her or Patel. Coffey at Environment is likely to be disastrous. Alistair Jack has now been Secretary of State for Scotland under three different Prime Minister's and I'm struggling to think of one positive thing he's done for Scotland (although maybe that's why he keeps that post)