The news thread - Page 91 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Noted Mordaunt's comments about Truss 'being detained elsewhere'

Hopefully in a padded cell awaiting transport to Broadmoor for the absolute chaos she has instigated. Mordaunt, to absolutrle howls of laughter, insisting that she has genuine reasons for her no show.

Never seen such a gutless, spineless PM who wouldn't even apologise to the country for the millions of liveliehoods that will be ruined as a result. Get her to fuck

Mordaunt doesn't have a clue either. Keeps saying 'you have the opportunity to put questions to the Chancellor'

An absolute lunatic asylum we are living in

45 minutes ago, aaid said:

It was made worse and the shock was greater because no-one saw it coming.  If these were policies that had been trailed, say as part of an election campaign, the market might not have liked them but the impact wouldn’t have been as severe.

Agreed. Investors won't invest in the UK though while things have been thrown up in and it looks like we've a zombie government. We're in banana republic territory here!

42 minutes ago, aaid said:

I’m not going to rule out insider trading but subsequent circumstances and actions would tend to suggest that Kwarteng is indeed completely stupid. 

Hmm. Stupid the right way, I suspect.

Rumours doing the rounds now that Truss has had a breakdown - which is awful if true and not something I would wish on anyone - but considering how woefully out of depth she proven to be it's quite believable.

Truss was put forward, or encouraged to go forward, as a front for some very clever and very nefarious people and they - whoever they might be - are the ones truly responsible for this mess. I don't think Truss is smart enough to have cooked up this scheme on her own and neither is she smart enough to have understood its potential implications.

I absolutely guarantee you the Slitherking Michael Gove will resurface when all this comes to fruition.

BJ for all his faults was elected by the public. None of his replacements can claim it not even remotely. So they are all fucked! At least with BJ they could say… well you voted for the cunt. Those days are long gone…

Also BJ due to a lifetime of fuckups was pressure tested like an old radiator. Truss literally (edit figuratively) exploded given just a hint of pressure.

Edited by thplinth

32 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I absolutely guarantee you the Slitherking Michael Gove will resurface when all this comes to fruition.

BJ for all his faults was elected by the public. None of his replacements can claim it not even remotely. So they are all fucked! At least with BJ they could say… well you voted for the cunt. Those days are long gone…

Also BJ due to a lifetime of fuckups was pressure tested like an old radiator. Truss literally (edit figuratively) exploded given just a hint of pressure.

That's inflation for you.

6 hours ago, Orraloon said:

So, Hunt is effectively our new PM. Truss gets the job on the say so of a few thousand tory members. But the only folk who have voted for Hunt is a few 'tory grandees". We are no more democratic than China or Russia. 

If this is what the folk who run the money markets can do to a tory government, imagine what they would have done if Corbyn had ever managed to get elected? Of course, the folk who control our finances stopped that possibility dead in its tracks before Corbyn even got a sniff of power. And he wasn't even very radical.

We don't live in a democratic country. They will try to tell us that we get the governments that we vote for. But that's only if we vote for the people who follow the policies which are approved of, by the people who run the financial markets. This is why successive governments (Labour and Tory) have been very happy to pursue policies of increasing debt. Both National debt and personal debt. This one of the ways the big money corporations keep control of power.

The UK is fucked, but some folk are going to make loads of money looting the sinking ship.

5 hours ago, Orraloon said:

The alternative is to have free and fair elections where the people decide what kind of government we want to have. Instead of letting the folk who control our financial systems decide what kind of government we are 'allowed" to have. When we let a few wealthy individuals decide what kind of government we can have we are not a democratic country. 

Agree with most of this, however aaid is also correct in as much as , in this particular instance,  Uk government went off piste and too far for the financial markets. The extra debt that would have been wracked up by the kamikaze mini budget went too far. 
Truss clearly missed the memo reminding her she was in charge, but in name only. 

Stunning and brave. Keep them away from children. A freak show. I can't stand this transgender ideology bullsh*t. 

The Alba Party will replace them soon enough at the ballot box.

Men out of women's spaces. Hey Harvie, leave them kids alone. All in all you're just another brick in Stonewall. 

Screenshot_20221017_195321_com.android.chrome.jpg

Edited by Tartan_Tonna

17 hours ago, Lobey said:

A very British Coup ?

Has whoever is behind Hunt taken control without even the pretence of any kind of an election?

Truss is terrible, but this is looking very suspicous.

I keep reading there is some kind of Moriarty figure at work in government but I’m not sure who it is. Rees Mogg possibly but he is no doubt answerable to business outside of government. 

On 10/17/2022 at 8:46 PM, Lobey said:

A very British Coup ?

Has whoever is behind Hunt taken control without even the pretence of any kind of an election?

Truss is terrible, but this is looking very suspicous.

It does seem a bit House of Cards. đŸ¤”

I thought they, i.e. the Tory MPs, just wanted shot of Truss because she's shite. They were lagging behind Labour before she got the job, but not by much, now the polls are pointing to them being decimated. Could they really turn all that around? If not, who'd want the job??

On 10/17/2022 at 9:46 PM, Lobey said:

A very British Coup ?

I watched that recently and found it superb even now. It is also amazingly relevant to everything that is going on now and for decades before. Especially what happened with Corbyn and Salmond (which I would describe as preventative coups.

10 hours ago, scotlad said:

It does seem a bit House of Cards. đŸ¤”

I thought they, i.e. the Tory MPs, just wanted shot of Truss because she's shite. They were lagging behind Labour before she got the job, but not by much, now the polls are pointing to them being decimated. Could they really turn all that around? If not, who'd want the job??

There is supposed to be another two years of this shitshow but given that Truss is now doing her best to turn the grey vote against her by seemingly abandoning the pensions triole lock.

The public will never forgive her for this and the complete shambles she has foisted upon us and can't see anyone turning this round. Part of me thinks the Tory backbenchers cut their losses noe and vote with the other parties to bring down the entire Government. They are out on their arse anyway either way so what would they have to lose?