The news thread - Page 79 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

12 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Surely this fuckin tit Charles won't last long? No way will he be popular according to Mrs Vda14

The sheep-like nature of royalists is insane. Up until a few weeks ago many would have openly agreed with you on his measure as a man let alone a king. Now here we are having the media and royalists trying to convince everyone how he is carrying himself so well and he is a changed man. Bullshit.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

The sheep-like nature of royalists is insane. Up until a few weeks ago many would have openly agreed with you on his measure as a man let alone a king. Now here we are having the media and royalists trying to convince everyone how he is carrying himself so well and he is a changed man. Bullshit.

As a dyed in the wool Aberdeen supporter don’t you dare belittle sheep by likening royalist to sheep 🤬

6 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

The media definitely have but every person I know down here is nothing like the numpties we see grieving on TV

I'd agree with this

A straw poll from my work (Norfolk), which is a fee paying boarding college, has many teachers absolutely fed up with how they are being 'told' to feel / think in terms of the monarchy

Quite a few now displaying a genuine disbelief at why we chose to stay in 2014 too

On 9/19/2022 at 3:58 PM, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leicestershire-62847033

Cricket casuals ? 

or something more sinister

Indian politics spilling over into the UK. 

It's being portrayed as Hindu v Sikhs and Muslims. 

Those closer to the situation are saying its an extremist group called Hindutva that are stoking tensions against the Muslim population in the city. 

Apparently it's mirroring the situation in India with Modi at the moment. 

There is currently an understanding amongst locals that all religions live and work together. 

However, the locals are saying that Hindutva are being shipped in from other citys to cause trouble, last week it was traced to a bus load from Birmingham. Its been suggested Manchester and Bradford buses in previous weeks.

Cricket seems to have been the excuse for the tensions to rise. 

Local communities are asking for more direct action from Leics police but they look to be on "contain and move on" mode. 

Liz Truss says she is preparing to be an unpopular Prime Minister

"Preparing to be" ?

We have to grin and bare the rising energy costs

She will instigate civil unrest even earlier than i thought

7 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Didn't notice that at the time, genius timing from the director. 😄

I daresay the footage could have been edited this way afterwards. It maybe didn't happen this way 'live'. But it makes the point.

Widespread protests in Iran after the killing of Mahsa Amini who was arrested for breaking hibab regulations

About time - would be too much to ask for the regime to fall