The news thread - Page 74 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

23 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

She must only have been about 30 in the programme then 😮

She made her first appearance in 1981 so she would have been 34/35

A sort of female Clive Dunn then

To be fair she kept her looks longer than some of those cast as the pupils ....

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I unfollowed scotlands scenery on Facebook because its now being bombarded with people posting pictures of the hearse......and telling everyone how lucky they feel and how proud they are of Scotland for turning out for the Queen.

7 hours ago, kumnio said:

The police arresting protesters can GTF. If someone wants to protest against alleged paedophile Andrew, then it should be welcomed. If you want to protest that Charles isn't your King, then you should be free to do so.

The UK is not a very free country it would seem.

Apparently we need to be allowed the freedom to say what we like, or criticise wokeness, but also respectful of those in charge. Away and fuck.

They are protesting at what is essentially a funeral procession. Whatever you personally think of her she has done a pretty good job over the last 70 or so years. Now her second son is a bellend of epic proportions, but there is also a time and a place. Protest away but plot up away and do it. 

7 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I unfollowed scotlands scenery on Facebook because its now being bombarded with people posting pictures of the hearse......and telling everyone how lucky they feel and how proud they are of Scotland for turning out for the Queen.

Aye noticed that aswell, they also banned me from commenting at some point, no idea what I did 😂😂

3 hours ago, Nobby said:

They are protesting at what is essentially a funeral procession. Whatever you personally think of her she has done a pretty good job over the last 70 or so years. Now her second son is a bellend of epic proportions, but there is also a time and a place. Protest away but plot up away and do it. 

Nail on head

although trying to make that point on what’s essentially now a nationalist echo chamber is tough

even Dennis Waterman got his own thread ….

2 hours ago, Kirk said:

Aye noticed that aswell, they also banned me from commenting at some point, no idea what I did 😂😂

I never comment on Facebook, I get into enough arguments on here 🤣

There were people queuing in London yesterday at 5pm. Waiting for the queen's coffin to arrive

On another note, fitba is back tonight and there will be a minutes silence at games. All of which could have been done on Saturday. 

2 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Nail on head

although trying to make that point on what’s essentially now a nationalist echo chamber is tough

Not entirely sure what's being claimed here. That those protesting the lunacy are "nationalists"? You could call them republicans, or, more accurately, adherents of reason and normalcy. But nationalists? Presumably the implication being that those in favour of Scottish independence are loudest here. Surely the only nationalism on display is from the overt, bombastic, Union flag-flying , royal-loving mental cases.

or maybe I've misread the intention of the quoted post. 

7 hours ago, Nobby said:

I don't believe for one minute her body is in that coffin, they are looking at an empty box

8 hours ago, Nobby said:

I think arresting and handcuffing the boy was a bit of an overreaction.  Let him  know in no uncertain terms that that's where he's heading if he doesn't beat it  that would have been more proportionate (although maybe they did and he wouldn't take a telling; if he's prepared to do what he did he's obviously got a gallus streak in him).

Everyone has a right to mourn the passing of a parent, even filthy swine like Prince Andrew.  Personally, though, I've infinitely more sympathy with the young women whose lives he and his noncey pals have fucked up, just so they could indulge their sick fantasies.

1 hour ago, duncan II said:

Not entirely sure what's being claimed here. That those protesting the lunacy are "nationalists"? You could call them republicans, or, more accurately, adherents of reason and normalcy. But nationalists? Presumably the implication being that those in favour of Scottish independence are loudest here. Surely the only nationalism on display is from the overt, bombastic, Union flag-flying , royal-loving mental cases.

That was inferred on Newsnight last night (unsurprisingly).

To be fair, this section of the board is very pro-nationalist but I don't see the link between what happened yesterday and the independence movement either. 

I mean, the boy shouted something about Andrew being a dirty old man (fair comment, IMO) he didn't mention Scotland at all.

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I never comment on Facebook, I get into enough arguments on here 🤣

There were people queuing in London yesterday at 5pm. Waiting for the queen's coffin to arrive

On another note, fitba is back tonight and there will be a minutes silence at games. All of which could have been done on Saturday. 

Aye quite often get a wee two day ban for overstepping in arguments. 

Im stuck with a broken knee/leg just now so it keeps me amused if nothing else to wind the unionists up.

Thank fuck the football is back.

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Was it the queen's wish to have such a farewell in Scotland?

I think it was definitely orchestrated to have her up here then to do the big tour etc etc, bring in the plebs and stir the nation, great Britain etc etc. 

1 hour ago, dj mick said:

I don't believe for one minute her body is in that coffin, they are looking at an empty box

Yep totaly agree, would be too much of a risk I'd think 

5 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Nail on head

You think The Queen should be treated the same as Dennis Waterman ?

Interesting

1 hour ago, dj mick said:

It is

We should have realised that Unionists would hold the monopoly over the Queen's death

Being servile to England isnt enough which is why they have to conflate 1603 and 1707

3 hours ago, duncan II said:

Its a one way street. Unionists constantly having free reign to blame nationalists for everything bad in Scotland. Apparently the mental chip shop woman was all Nicola Sturgeon’s fault, this is what she has made Scotland. In the old days it was just someone having a bit of a meltdown. 

Its tedious and tbh pretty insulting to anyone who simply thinks there is a better alternative to what we have. 

1 minute ago, Rich NATA said:

I haven't actually heard it yet (audio somehow set to minimal at work).

In some clips you can't hear him but in others you can.  I have seen other clips too where he's speaking to the polis (after they've handcuffed him 🙄).

10 hours ago, Nobby said:

I haven’t made a single comment on the Queen, as it’s not something I care about. If someone wants to shout at Andrew, and a frankly non offensive shout, then in a free country, there isn’t an issue. 

There’s always a time and a place, and for some people, it’s out of the way, when there’s no media, and it isn’t noticed. Others don’t believe in that nonsense. 

7 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Nail on head

I know it’s difficult, but you can start a thread, anyone can 👍

The horrid nationalist that abused poor Andrew had an England flag on his top. Horrid behaviour. 

Dennis Waterman touched the lives of many. Probably not as many as the Queen, or Andrew, albeit very differently.