The news thread - Page 66 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2 hours ago, scotlad said:

Rumours that this weekend's games are going to be postponed - that's bad enough!

It's the end of an era and a sad day for her family but why should everything else be put on hold, especially after all the disruptions we've had to put with these past couple of years? Life goes on.

The games should go ahead, there should be a minute's silence beforehand and that should be it until the day of the funeral.

I agree 100% BUT…………….

Do sky sports and the spfl really want Aberdeen V Rangers, less than 48 hours after she’s died, I really can’t see it going ahead. 

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Paisley Spree festival cancelled as of today. Load of shite. As if prince Charles gives a fuck about a gig in Paisley. Pathetic that everything has to come to a halt. can't wait to see what ridiculous price her funeral etc costs too. Canny heat the house or feed folk but I'm sure there are millions for the nonce protector to have a big funeral. Get this shower or inbred bastards to fuck.

27 minutes ago, 86glebestreet said:

Chip shop owner in Muir of Ord popping champagne and shouting lizzies dead, don’t think she will be selling much chips. 

Saw the video last night (now removed). Interesting way to do an insurance job....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11195873/Fish-chip-shop-owner-sparked-fury-video-proclaiming-Lizard-Liz-dead.html

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

On the fixture postponements , Rangers are already playing 10 games between 1/10 to 1/11. I really don’t see the sense in postponing tomorrows fixtures as I don’t see the European midweek games being postponed. 

Bit there will be no midweek european fixtures after January 🤪

As I said before, I think it’ll be suicide to have our game live on telly tomorrow, but I hope I’m wrong. 

17 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Bit there will be no midweek european fixtures after January 🤪

As I said before, I think it’ll be suicide to have our game live on telly tomorrow, but I hope I’m wrong. 

Oh the irony of Rangers games being screwed up by the monarchs death. Murdo Fraser won't know what to do! 'Cancel the game. No, play the game! Cancel. No play!' 😕

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

That’s was utterly surreal. Really think she must be unhinged. 

She's a QAnon flat earther who believes the Royal family are lizard aliens.  I think unhinged is being generous.

Was interesting to see it unfold last night when the police were asked why the allowed her to drive away from the shop in her own car when she'd clearly been seen drinking champagne!  Don't think I've seen the response to that yet!

12 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

I believe it was the cunt that is James Matthews

12 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

That was Matt Frei of all people.

He certainly lowered his normally high standards with that observation.

It was someone called Gary Gibbon , I only know as I didn’t know who he was and googled ‘ speccy C4 buffoon presenter’ and there he was.

The irony is , 15 mins later there was a programme on the same channel about the Queeens life and the presenter was going on about how the Queen had no political influence  🙄

I sometimes joke about fleeing the country when the Queen dies just to escape the frenzy. Looks like my prayers have been answered as by chance  I am off to Seville on Tuesday . There is a spare sofa bed for anyone who can keep me in Rioja for a week. 

10 hours ago, dandydunn said:

I agree 100% BUT…………….

Do sky sports and the spfl really want Aberdeen V Rangers, less than 48 hours after she’s died, I really can’t see it going ahead. 

I don't see why not, covert unionists v overt unionists, it should be a pretty respectful occasion.  😜

Then again, given the huns' recent form I bet they'd grab a postponement with two hairy hands.

I could understand it more if it was the other arse cheek playing though; I've already got a highly catchy but highly disrespectful ditty playing in my head that I first heard on social media last night, one I'm sure Glasgow's green and greys would be happy to adopt.

2 hours ago, exile said:

An old lady dies, maybe after suffering? But they don't tell us the truth about her condition, yet expect us to mourn disproportionately. 

Aye, I get what you're saying about the mourning but on the other hand if she had an illness - and from the pictures of her with Liz Truss it looks like she might have - then it really isn't anyone else's business.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens with the monarchy in the medium term.

I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of the commonwealth countries declare themselves as republics, I think a lot have been holding back out of respect for the Queen.  The time will be right now.

I also expect that in the UK the debate about the monarchy will become a mainstream one.  I couldn’t predict which way it’ll go though.  Possibly the compromise position would be it’d be retained but slimmed down to a more European size.

To an extent, it’s a loosening of the ties between the countries of the UK, will this have any material impact on independence, difficult to tell.

13 minutes ago, aaid said:

I also expect that in the UK the debate about the monarchy will become a mainstream one.  I couldn’t predict which way it’ll go though.  Possibly the compromise position would be it’d be retained but slimmed down to a more European size.

The enforced "period of mourning" (expected to go up to 17 days) will no doubt have an effect on that

"period of mourning" is also known as "know your place oiks and dont forget it"

I would imagine the echelons of the upper class are terrified that this is the start of the end therefore the "period of mourning" is likely to be torture 

22 minutes ago, aaid said:

To an extent, it’s a loosening of the ties between the countries of the UK, will this have any material impact on independence, difficult to tell.

I think that there will be a slight positive for the Indy cause.

45 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

The enforced "period of mourning" (expected to go up to 17 days) will no doubt have an effect on that

"period of mourning" is also known as "know your place oiks and dont forget it"

I would imagine the echelons of the upper class are terrified that this is the start of the end therefore the "period of mourning" is likely to be torture 

Yep 7 more days of mourning from day of funeral!

Edited by Och Aye