The news thread - Page 53 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

8 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

5 mins in

I hear what he is saying but there are plenty of scathing jokes he could make about Katie Price without involving her disabled son. For me, it was pretty unnecessary, though i realise everyone has different tolerances. Most of the time I find him very funny. 

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I think it has to be about his comments rather than his penis. Lets be honest , most of the audience would have needed binoculars to see it. And those in the front row should know better. 

It's obvious the cock out is absolute bollocks for him being cancelled.

I personally wouldn't watch him because he's said racist and misogynistic stuff for 30 years.  If I was the theatre I wouldn't book him for those reasons. To book him, then cancel him for it and then still claim they're not censoring is completely inept.

The issue for me is I've a 'pakki' wife but he isn't being deplatformed for racism because he's been doing that for thirty years. 

He's being deplatformed in my opinion for the trans stuff and quite obviously don't want to report it following the success Chapelle and Gervais had off the back of it

There's folk who've been who detail his material and in the current climate is it not hugely suspicious that he's told transphobic jokes but that is not featuring at all in the reason for his cancellation.  There's a screenshot of a deleted tweet where he says he's transitioning after the show and going to appear on Strictly so its defo in there.

So either the trans jokes have nothing to do with it raising concerns the theatre are therefore transphobic or racism and having his cock out are being used as an excuse for the real motivation here.

30 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

I personally wouldn't watch him because he's said racist and misogynistic stuff for 30 years.  If I was the theatre I wouldn't book him for those reasons. To book him, then cancel him for it and then still claim they're not censoring is completely inept.

The issue for me is I've a 'pakki' wife but he isn't being deplatformed for racism because he's been doing that for thirty years. 

He's being deplatformed in my opinion for the trans stuff and quite obviously don't want to report it following the success Chapelle and Gervais had off the back of it

There's folk who've been who detail his material and in the current climate is it not hugely suspicious that he's told transphobic jokes but that is not featuring at all in the reason for his cancellation.  There's a screenshot of a deleted tweet where he says he's transitioning after the show and going to appear on Strictly so its defo in there.

So either the trans jokes have nothing to do with it raising concerns the theatre are therefore transphobic or racism and having his cock out are being used as an excuse for the real motivation here.

I'd like to know what the context was to sadowitz's use of the word paki, if its out and out racism then he will become unpopular very soon. 

My concern with cancelling comedians is where will it end? Some is offended by a comment about men becoming women, next time someone get offended by something else so another comedian goes and on and on we go.

If anyone hasn't watched the Gervais netflix stand up show yet....I suggest watching it, I don't usually.like him but I enjoyed that show, it was refreshing 

55 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

I didn’t realise there was transphobic stuff too. I have to be honest and say I dont think that tweet is particularly offensive . But that is the problem, what exactly is acceptable? Everyone has different views. 

I have seen him twice, last time must be about 15 years ago. I can honestly say I do not remember racist stuff , it was more zany type magic and ramblings and swearing  , a bit like a coarse, more eccentric,  Tommy Cooper. I thought he was funny but haven’t had any strong desire to see him again. 
As you and Vanderark say, the reason for the cancellation isnt really clear and this could open the flood gates to anything being seemed unacceptable, where does it end. 
At the same time, I wouldn’t want a situation where it’s perfectly acceptable for racists, bigots and misogynists to spout their pish on a platform under the guise of ‘humour’.

Assuming the reports are accurate and that there was no real context behind his comments I think it would have been better to ask that they be removed from future shows and if he refused then the shows be cancelled. I really cant see how anyone can defend those remarks,  regardless of free speech. 

I've only just come across this article. Last Friday, eve of the rail strike, listening to the radio on the way to my early morning swim.  BBC Five Live interviewed fan travelling from England to watch Livi. It's not mentioned in the article but in the radio interview he said he was going to have to travel from Glasgow to Livi by bus. At which point I pointed out to my wife how ridiculous as ScotRail were operating as normal.

The BBC presenter didn't mention that services in Scotland weren't affected by industrial action. Either BBC just don't know or its deliberate.

https://inews.co.uk/news/train-strike-football-fan-forced-to-take-eight-hour-overnight-coach-to-watch-match-because-of-rail-strikes-1790787

In the 90's I recall a friend who saw him telling me that Sadowitz walked on stage... and his opening chat went...

"Nelson Mandela eh?"................long pause............."what a cunt!".

It was hilarious, as Mandela was almost deified at that point. Time and place it was truly shocking and very funny.

No surprise the humourless woke dicks are the ones moaning. There is not a funny bone in their body.

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-62552706

when is the first flight to Mars? I want to get the fuck off this planet now🤣

Strange advert, unsuccessful attempt at humour perhaps, but distasteful but 'offensive' is probably pushing it. Really interesting thing is I've seen the advert, but couldn't actually tell you what brand if paint it was advertising so maybe not so successful on that front.

26 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Strange advert, unsuccessful attempt at humour perhaps, but distasteful but 'offensive' is probably pushing it. Really interesting thing is I've seen the advert, but couldn't actually tell you what brand if paint it was advertising so maybe not so successful on that front.

Woman who made career out of being offensive and sexist complains about something...being offensive and sexist.  Or perhaps Jenny has forgotten what her act used to be like the '90s!  🤣

I guarantee it was intended as a joke on the male character... but they inadvertently and comically highlighted that woman do con men into thinking they are the father. Paternity test places report that of the men that come in for a test one third are not the father. Now that applies to only those that are seeking a test in the first place but equally you could say what about those men who considered getting a test but then never did... they probably are about a third likely too.

1 minute ago, scotlad said:

Woman who made career out of being offensive and sexist complains about something...being offensive and sexist.  Or perhaps Jenny has forgotten what her act used to be like the '90s!  🤣

Yeah it was utter shite. She made a career out of being unfunny.

On 8/14/2022 at 12:53 PM, vanderark14 said:

I'd like to know what the context was to sadowitz's use of the word paki, if its out and out racism then he will become unpopular very soon. 

My concern with cancelling comedians is where will it end? Some is offended by a comment about men becoming women, next time someone get offended by something else so another comedian goes and on and on we go.

If anyone hasn't watched the Gervais netflix stand up show yet....I suggest watching it, I don't usually.like him but I enjoyed that show, it was refreshing 

Aye, I think context is important here.  If someone's act consists of little else but someone uttering racial insults then I think a major arts could do a bit better, I think it's fair to say, but simply using a racial slur in your act shouldn't be enough to get it effectively banned. 

Sadowitz has been offensive and obnoxious for decades, what he does shouldn't really a surprise to anyone.

5 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Yeah it was utter shite. She made a career out of being unfunny.

It really was.  Like a bargain basement Jo Brand (who was just about funny enough to get her own TV show).

She also used to do a joke about how she was glad she had a daughter because she would be able to "road test" her boyfriends when she was older, which, unless my sense of humour is on the blink too, is kind of on the same lines as the joke she is now offended by!

50 minutes ago, scotlad said:

😂 very true. I havent seen her for ages and was at the dentist this morning and here she  was on the TV , on one of those breakfast shows,  painting what looked like a nude bloke 🙄

The advert is shite. Not because of the words, its just shite. Like most adverts these days.
It would not surprise me at all if she was getting paid 200 litres of paint by Crown to tweet her distaste. They will get more publicity out of this than what the actual advert brought. Same with Jerry Sadowitz. Watch tickets for his shows fly off the shelves.  Unfortunately though mainly by loonies expecting a return to the 70’s. 

3 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

😂 very true. I havent seen her for ages and was at the dentist this morning and here she  was on the TV , on one of those breakfast shows,  painting what looked like a nude bloke 🙄

The advert is shite. Not because of the words, its just shite. Like most adverts these days.
It would not surprise me at all if she was getting paid 200 litres of paint by Crown to tweet her distaste. They will get more publicity out of this than what the actual advert brought. Same with Jerry Sadowitz. Watch tickets for his shows fly off the shelves.  Unfortunately though mainly by loonies expecting a return to the 70’s. 

As if a trip to the dentist isn't unpleasant enough.  🤣

I don't think I've even seen the ad but aye, most adverts are shite these days.  I tend to record things just so I can fast forward through them!

18 minutes ago, scotlad said:

As if a trip to the dentist isn't unpleasant enough.  🤣

I don't think I've even seen the ad but aye, most adverts are shite these days.  I tend to record things just so I can fast forward through them!

😁 it was actually one of the more interesting trips to the dentist .  I actually watched a machine make a crown from a scan of one of my teeth ! 

I hadn’t seen the advert either till I watched it earlier. Here have a look.

WARNING !! Anyone with a nervous disposition may be offended …….

23 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

😁 it was actually one of the more interesting trips to the dentist .  I actually watched a machine make a crown from a scan of one of my teeth ! 

I hadn’t seen the advert either till I watched it earlier. Here have a look.

WARNING !! Anyone with a nervous disposition may be offended …….

Jeezo 😂

It's as twee as fuck and the song is nearly as annoying as the one in that bloody Ocado ad but it's about as offensive as a pillow!

18 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Jeezo 😂

It's as twee as fuck and the song is nearly as annoying as the one in that bloody Ocado ad but it's about as offensive as a pillow!

The singing is the most offensive thing in the whole advert. It’s excruciating .

😀 Gosh I guess someone desperately wants to post the wings article but is too shitpants.

That first photo could be from a lookylikey thread. 😀

Destroying the Independence movement quite deliberately and methodically. And it was so easy.... the woke ideology utterly disarmed you.

Home Of The Deranged

Posted on August 16, 2022 by Rev. Stuart Campbell

It’s not exactly a secret that Nicola Sturgeon’s grotesque and diseased perversion of the SNP is home to a motley collection of fundamentalist lunatics allied with the most extremist wing of the Scottish Greens, whose only interest in independence is to use it as a tool to facilitate the “queering” of society.

For anyone with the slightest remaining grip on their critical faculties, the cat was truly let out of the bag on the day of the First Minister’s infamous “broom cupboard” video last January, in which she abjectly grovelled at the feet of a tiny handful of adolescent transactivists who’d left the party in a loud and choreographed public tantrum because it still hadn’t burned Joanna Cherry at the stake for believing in human biology.

leeze28.jpg

One of those she was abasing herself to that day was the repulsive and now mercifully deceased drug dealer and abusive racist misogynist Leeze Lawrence (above, left), but he was only the tip of a filthy iceberg.

One of many other lows was the attempt to appoint a man who’d relentlessly abused Cherry as the party’s Complaints Officer, which could only reasonably be interpreted as deliberate trolling, but a whole string of figures from the party’s quasi-fascist youth wing have now been successfully and quietly manouevred onto the payroll, particularly at this year’s council elections.

Being seriously mentally disturbed is now a positive career advantage in the SNP (it’s seemingly almost as much so as being a creepy sex pest with a fondness for younger men), as the party’s selection rules give explicit priority to people who have – or who claim to have – conditions like Borderline Personality Disorder, which might seem to a dispassionate observer like the most absolutely catastrophic match possible for a job as intrinsically antagonistic and adversarial as being a politician.

bpd1.jpgbpd2.jpg

But even we didn’t realise it had gotten as bad as this.

Because the person screaming “WITCH! WITCH! WITCH!” at some feminists in that footage from a Holyrood protest last September is also an office-bearer in the SNP.

witch1.jpg

This is him:

witch2.jpg

He was very upset when people posted the protest video.

witch3.jpg

Because apparently HE was the one being bullied in it.

witch4.jpg

But this was him earlier that same day, apparently experiencing no difficulties with his mobility on a long walk to Holyrood, proclaiming that the “evil” and “demonic” “TERFs” were going to be “put in their place” and get “what’s coming to them”.

That sort of language doesn’t appear to be out of character for Adamson. In 2020 he called for Tory MP Liz Truss to be “put to death”, somehow escaping police action while Alba activist and Sturgeon critic Dave Llewelyn has been convicted and faces potential imprisonment for sarcastically quoting George Galloway’s own words back at him (and, like Mark Hirst before him, for using a figure of speech which the SNP’s heir apparent Angus Robertson absurdly pretended to consider a real death threat).

witch5.jpg

And just a few days ago Adamson suggested that former Chancellor and current MP Rishi Sunak would be “assassinated” if he set foot in Scotland.

witch6.jpg

Adamson himself hasn’t been in Scotland very long. In 2019 he was living in Liverpool, and when the council asked him politely to deal with rubbish outside the door of his flat, this was his response:

witch9.jpg

We note these things not for the purposes of mockery. Adamson is clearly a very seriously disturbed individual in need of complex mental health treatment. He claims to be severely autistic (although denying it’s a mental health condition), is prone to suicide threats and has been arrested as a danger to the safety of his own mother.

witch7.jpgwitch8.jpg

It’s not difficult to see from the Holyrood video why someone could be intimidated by him. He’s physically large and plainly not in control of his emotions. He appears to be traumatised and enraged by “demons” everywhere he goes, from visiting Disney World to taking a simple bus journey.

witch12.jpgwitch14.jpgwitch15.jpgwitch16.jpgwitch18.jpgwitch17.jpg

We publish these images to illustrate that none of it appears to be any barrier to his shaping the policy agenda of the modern SNP. And that, we’d imagine, would be an issue of concern to just about anyone, for all kinds of reasons.

witch10.jpg

Among those is the risk to Adamson’s own health, as someone who is clearly very ill-equipped to deal with any sort of confrontation or stress. It is not the intention of this post to provoke any more, and we urge readers with the utmost sincerity not to engage with him in any way.

witch11.jpg

But the SNP urgently need to be challenged on their wildly reckless actions in filling party roles with the demonstrably mentally ill and/or dangerous, while hounding out sane and moderate voices for the slightest infraction. It’s just the latest in a long catalogue of choices made under Nicola Sturgeon that are likely to have impossibly toxic repercussions down the line, not just for the party but for Scotland.

Because the really scary thing is that Adamson isn’t alone. In her desperate quest for validation, Sturgeon has crammed the party at every level with people who might not be quite as troubled as Adamson but are at best unbalanced, and who are certainly pursuing the same goals with the same malicious intensity.

(Here’s another one of its Twitler Youth witchfinders at the weekend. All we can say is that the “far right” must have REALLY lowered their entrance threshold.)

witchfinder.jpg

Scotland is now such an unhinged place that we feel the need to explicitly point out this final line is a metaphor: Sturgeon’s SNP is a ticking time bomb, and a lot of people are going to be very badly hurt when it goes off.