The news thread - Page 52 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

19 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

thats a generalisation but yes, someone spotted a market for this.  There are some aspects of society that have moved significantly to the left.

The country can't be shifting that far left considering we have had the tories in power for over a decade 

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Andrew Weetabix Neil saying today that the FBI raid on Trump's residence has made the world a less safe place

A less safe place for cunts like Neil, Farage, Trump and Bannon he must mean 

15 hours ago, Malcolm said:

religion is at the root of a lot of the worlds problems 

I'm not even sure if it's religion as such or just zealotry. It occurred to me that in wanting people who say or write things that offend them destroyed, Islamic fundamentalists have something in common with right-on woke crybully types.

To be fair to the wokes, none of them have ever gone as far as calling for someone to be killed as far as I know; sacked and "cancelled", yes, but not murdered.

15 hours ago, Malcolm said:

ffs…. What kind of hell are we descending in to…

https://www.gbnews.uk/gb-views/eco-extremists-wanting-to-destroy-british-farming-can-pork-off-says-mark-dolan/351932

the loony greens want tax on meat…  Can’t drive my car (assuming the tyre deflators don’t get me)… they don’t like me doing that.  Can’t eat cow….. they don’t like that.

Well of course they don't like it. How would you feel about it if someone tried to eat you? 🐄

3 minutes ago, scotlad said:

I'm not even sure if it's religion as such or just zealotry. It occurred to me that in wanting people who say or write things that offend them destroyed, Islamic fundamentalists have something in common with right-on woke crybully types.

To be fair to the wokes, none of them have ever gone as far as calling for someone to be killed as far as I know; sacked and "cancelled", yes, but not murdered.

Well of course they don't like it. How would you feel about it if someone tried to eat you? 🐄

as far as im aware its not the actual cows that are complaining 😂

3 hours ago, Malcolm said:

i wiuld have thought it more cost effective to do these guys and girls than chase someone for £50 worth of benefit fraud

So would the vast majority of people but to most right wing Daily Mail readers its the benefit fraudsters and immigrants  that are responsible for all the tax they have to pay. 
Not that I am condoning benefit fraud of course . Anyone using up resources for the needy deserve to be prosecuted. 

9 hours ago, aaid said:

A comedian getting his cock out onstage is okay in your book then?   That’s always assuming that’s what’s happened and the Sun isn’t talking shite. 

It doesn't matter what I think, everyone who went knew what was going to happen yet the venue cancelled him anyway 

8 minutes ago, aaid said:

Everyone knew he was going to get his cock out?

If you'd read the article you'd know this. 

It’s understood the show - titled Not for Anyone - caused audience members and staff to complain after Sadowitz had issued several warnings in the run-up to the festival.

In a recent promo video, the funnyman held up a bird puppet, telling fans what they could expect.

Referring to himself, Sadowitz said: “He’s gonna be funny. He’s gonna be rude. He’s gonna do magic tricks.

“He’s gonna do impressions. He’s gonna get his d*** out.

“He’s gonna do every f****** thing, so make sure you go and see him.”

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

It’s understood the show - titled Not for Anyone - caused audience members and staff to complain after Sadowitz had issued several warnings in the run-up to the festival.

In a recent promo video, the funnyman held up a bird puppet, telling fans what they could expect.

Referring to himself, Sadowitz said: “He’s gonna be funny. He’s gonna be rude. He’s gonna do magic tricks.

Edited by exile

That fits with LBC reporting, "It was not clear if the allegedly exposed genitals were a prop."

So a bloke advertising he'll get his cock out not for the first time in a show adults have to buy tickets to attend gets cancelled for actually getting his cock out because a vocal minority took offence whilst the same vocal minority champion blokes getting their cock out in female spaces in front of a more family centric audience with little or no say in whether they wish to affirm their performance.

Seems suitably on point and on brand for 2022.

Suggested on Twitter he's been cancelled for transphobic material which would seem more likely in the current climate than one 'pakki' 'joke', women being crap at fiscal policy and flopping a real or fake knob out.

43 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

So a bloke advertising he'll get his cock out not for the first time in a show adults have to buy tickets to attend gets cancelled for actually getting his cock out because a vocal minority took offence whilst the same vocal minority champion blokes getting their cock out in female spaces in front of a more family centric audience with little or no say in whether they wish to affirm their performance.

Seems suitably on point and on brand for 2022.

Suggested on Twitter he's been cancelled for transphobic material which would seem more likely in the current climate than one 'pakki' 'joke', women being crap at fiscal policy and flopping a real or fake knob out.

To me it strikes me that the venue never vetted the show's content. Saw the name and signed him up without fully understanding what they would be getting so they must take the blame. However, evidently the people at the show bought the tickets as fans and knew what to expect at the show (content and humour-wise) so not a PC brigade by any means. But whatever they heard/saw even shocked them enough to lead them to complain and the venue crapped themselves (fearing the backlash) and pulled the show.

Lets remember The Fringe has long seen blue comics famous for controversial material appearing for years without having their shows cancelled so that says what Sadowitz did or said must have been real bad.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

For some reason i have always thought Sadowitz was a cunt

He comes across as someone you just know you would end up having to leather

He gives me the cringe

Personally , I dont find the penis exposure offensive at all, its an adult comedy show , maybe his penis is a total joke.

I dont take offence either that individuals being called out, calling Rishi Sunak a prick is hardly outrageous, as would calling Nicola Sturgeon a cow or similar slur. Comedians target politicians all the time. 

I however take offence ( it is is to believed ) that he said the economy is awful as it is  being run by blacks and women. That is fucking inexcusable. Its like going back to the 1970’s.

That said, I am pretty sure Frankie Boyle has said things that were way over the top and to my knowledge his shows weren’t cancelled. 

I say this as a fan of both comedians I have seen a few times. 

2 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Personally , I dont find the penis exposure offensive at all, its an adult comedy show , maybe his penis is a total joke.

I dont take offence either that individuals being called out, calling Rishi Sunak a prick is hardly outrageous, as would calling Nicola Sturgeon a cow or similar slur. Comedians target politicians all the time. 

He didn’t call Sunak a prick, it was a racial slur that begins with P.

6 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

That said, I am pretty sure Frankie Boyle has said things that were way over the top and to my knowledge his shows weren’t cancelled. 

Whatever you think of Boyle's offensive humour there is always context which is why he can get away with it most of the time

If i recall Sadowitz had very little context

Just now, aaid said:

He didn’t call Sunak a prick, it was a racial slur that begins with P.

Ah, I just skimmed over it .
Totally unacceptable IMO. So we are now saying it’s acceptable in Scotland to give someone a platform , at a major arts event, to spout racist slurs. 

1 minute ago, Ally Bongo said:

Whatever you think of Boyle's offensive humour there is always context which is why he can get away with it most of the time

If i recall Sadowitz had very little context

I agree, but the joke about Katie Price’s son was over the line IMO. And I am absolutely no fan of Katie Price. 

13 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I agree, but the joke about Katie Price’s son was over the line IMO. And I am absolutely no fan of Katie Price. 

5 mins in