The news thread - Page 41 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

Does anyone remember the STV series Trial by Night which was on in the mid 90s

I had convinced myself that Boris Johnson was a young obnoxious Tory that appeared in one episode

I am thinking i am wrong as he would have been in his 30s

I do remember Michael Gove on this...

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

Some top quality journalism here. St Andrews train station closed in 1969.Screenshot_20220710-124147.thumb.png.efb9596b0182a4da267db50b3223373b.png

It is the media's way now that IndyRef2 is a faint possibility. Unionist-biased media with reports slating Scotland in any way that it can in a bid to brainwash people into voting no.

I have seen reports about Scotland having the highest COVID rate in the UK. I have seen reports on A and E waiting times getting longer in NHS reports but it daren't state how these compared to the rest of the UK so I would say Scotland's waiting times are shorter than rest of the UK. Also the usual SNP-bad reports and scaremongering about a Yes vote.

2 hours ago, Och Aye said:

Some top quality journalism here. St Andrews train station closed in 1969.Screenshot_20220710-124147.thumb.png.efb9596b0182a4da267db50b3223373b.png

😂

I see that nonsense was penned by John Boothman, former high heid yin at BBC Jockland "news" and current affairs and other half of Susan Deacon, health secretary in Donald Dewar's Scottish Executive.

8 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

It is the media's way now that IndyRef2 is a faint possibility. Unionist-biased media with reports slating Scotland in any way that it can in a bid to brainwash people into voting no.

I have seen reports about Scotland having the highest COVID rate in the UK. I have seen reports on A and E waiting times getting longer in NHS reports but it daren't state how these compared to the rest of the UK so I would say Scotland's waiting times are shorter than rest of the UK. Also the usual SNP-bad reports and scaremongering about a Yes vote.

Spot on. Having moved back up this is so obvious. Papers and TV news never say when England is doing worse than the other nations of the UK. They also don't politicize failings in the party political manner of the Scottish media. For instance in England a story about record waiting lists or poor response times will generally not mention the Conservative party or mention the Health minister. I'm Scotland it's SNP bad. If anyone observes the media in England and Scotland they report things very, very differently and it's not an accident.

It must be tantalising to be a Tory member, and watch this potentially fascinating competition going on in front of your eyes and have no say in it until the last two.

Still, its better than having no vote at all and not wanting any of the candidates to be PM in the first place.

Is it normal for a serving US President to come out as a massive Zionist or is Israel/ Zionism interchangeable now?

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/7/13/joe-biden-on-way-to-middle-east-in-first-trip-as-us-president

Unsurprisingly not going speak to the family of the murdered Palestinian journalist. 

If the Tories want to replace Johnson that is up to them but there should be an immediate General Electionj as he was the leader when the public voted and delivered to him a large majority. 

I have never seen a bigger collection of no name bland arseholes as the batch running to be the next Prime Minister (not leader, Prime Minister).

Whoever it is has ZERO mandate from the public to lead the country. If any of these gimps had been leader at the last GE I doubt it would have been the majority it was. Like or not people voted for Bojo the Clown, not any of these dicks..

I think it is really disgusting they can just slip in some totally different person (with presumably their own agenda) and with a ready-made huge majority (won by a different leader) to pass whatever legislation they desire and we don't get a say in it. 

These candidates are a fucking rotten. What a shit show Britain has become these last few years post BREXIT especially.

Paul Ryder drops dead at 58

I'm guessing that if you had a Happy Mondays death pool you would be quids in with everyone else taking Shaun

8 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Paul Ryder drops dead at 58

I'm guessing that if you had a Happy Mondays death pool you would be quids in with everyone else taking Shaun

That crossed my mind too, although, seemingly Shaun has finally cleaned his act up.  Bitterly ironic that it was his wee brother who went first though.  A talented but underrated bass player.  Very sad to go so young.

1 hour ago, phart said:

Not checked this but seems legit

https://i.redd.it/y1ibpe3drwb91.jpg

Its funny you should say that, I had never noticed the physical similarity between the 2 of them till I saw this picture the other night. Stick on a bouffant hairdo and its Thatcher.

043CCA03-CF48-4208-840F-D5264DD1210D.jpeg.d1cc128ee8a7050bdbd8a04f06ee79ec.jpeg