The news thread - Page 35 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Sturgeon’s Nonce Party. 

The double standard is very obvious.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2022/06/standards/

Fuck the SNP.

This young "SNP staffer" must be a right ride that he was able to procure sexual advances from a middle aged woman and a middle aged man

Alternatively did you consider that the SNP group at Westminster might have considered what the SNP at Holyrood did to Salmond and decided fuck that for a game of soldiers ?

2 hours ago, aaid said:

I’d apply occum’s razor to that, the SNP group at WM has been in conflict with itself for a couple of years now. 

Oh, I know that, but covertly recording meetings and flogging them to the Daily Mail?? Not saying it's impossible but what possible good could come from that? At the very least there has to be an inquiry.

I don't have time for him but I always found it suspicious how Matt Hancock winching his bit-on-the-side was caught on camera.

10 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Oh, I know that, but covertly recording meetings and flogging them to the Daily Mail?? Not saying it's impossible but what possible good could come from that? At the very least there has to be an inquiry.

I don't have time for him but I always found it suspicious how Matt Hancock winching his bit-on-the-side was caught on camera.

Security camera. 

3 hours ago, thplinth said:

funny how now it is a conspiracy. 😀

If he brings up another historical accusation...

"Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action".

15 hours ago, scotlad said:

Fair enough.

Not often security camera footage gets leaked to the press though.

I'd need to look back exactly why I thought this at the time but I definitely had the impression that Hancock was done over by number 10 and probably at Carrie Symonds behest.

I imagine it was probably a fairly open secret that Hancock was having an affair with an aide, once they decided to get rid of him, I doubt it would be too difficult for number 10 to get hold of the evidence.

BBC Scotland really going for this whole Patrick Grady thing with avengeance.   

The compliant against Patricia Gibson has been thrown out, following an appeal.  Seems like the original investigation was flawed - sound familiar.

One interesting thing this throws up - at the point of the alleged incident with Patricia Gibson - the complaint's line manager was Patrick Grady.

Something really doesn't stack up with all of this.

49 minutes ago, aaid said:

BBC Scotland really going for this whole Patrick Grady thing with avengeance.   

The compliant against Patricia Gibson has been thrown out, following an appeal.  Seems like the original investigation was flawed - sound familiar.

One interesting thing this throws up - at the point of the alleged incident with Patricia Gibson - the complaint's line manager was Patrick Grady.

Something really doesn't stack up with all of this.

A lot of things didn't stack up with the Salmond investigation either. You seem to be taking a very different tack on this one. 😉

Edited by Orraloon

3 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

A lot of things didn't stack up with the Salmond investigation either. You seem to be taking a very different tack on this one. 😉

Not really - which is why I used the "sounds familiar" remark.   The difference between the cases should be pretty obvious though.  In the Salmond case you have a number of people making accusations against one individual, in this case it is one individual making claims against multiple people.

I'm also seeing that - online so far - Patricia Gibson is being portrayed as having "got off on appeal on a technicality".

22 hours ago, phart said:

Only thing better if he told Piers are you stalking my Facebook cause you can't hack my phone.

Just watched that. I havent really seen any of his interviews. The Kay Burley snippet was actually very funny, even if it wasnt supposed to be. 
The final interview was the one that provided most insight. I cant say I had a lot of sympathy for the train drivers ( up here) given the salary they earn but he is right with what he is saying that loads of people’s salaries are being eroded but they dont  have unions to support them. Maybe it’s everyone else that is being too weak.

His point about the public needing a good rail service to encourage people back to town centres and cities is very accurate. Town and city businesses  will not survive without customers and if passenger numbers are getting back to pre covid levels there should not be transport redundancies. Folk will just not use public transport if it is unreliable . It is a catch 22 , you would think they would keep the rail personnel at current levels for a year or so to see how things pan out. I know in my company they have literally only announced that office working is being encouraged again. It will take time before we can see the longer effect of covid on home working. 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Just watched that. I havent really seen any of his interviews. The Kay Burley snippet was actually very funny, even if it wasnt supposed to be. 
The final interview was the one that provided most insight. I cant say I had a lot of sympathy for the train drivers ( up here) given the salary they earn but he is right with what he is saying that loads of people’s salaries are being eroded but they dont  have unions to support them. Maybe it’s everyone else that is being too weak.

His point about the public needing a good rail service to encourage people back to town centres and cities is very accurate. Town and city businesses  will not survive without customers and if passenger numbers are getting back to pre covid levels there should not be transport redundancies. Folk will just not use public transport if it is unreliable . It is a catch 22 , you would think they would keep the rail personnel at current levels for a year or so to see how things pan out. I know in my company they have literally only announced that office working is being encouraged again. It will take time before we can see the longer effect of covid on home working. 

the people accusing I'm of being a marxist need a boot to the bollocks. I am beginning to like this lad Lynch

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

19 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Who is the vile cunt he is talking to?

He makes very good points about fares being pegged to inflation but workers wages are not, plus about the huge public subsidies these scummy companies receive, plus about the private equity vultures who want to buy them exactly for this reason. It is a classic Tory racket. 

42 minutes ago, phart said:

He's talked about how he has camera-men following him around 24/7 now, his bins been raked through and press asking his neighbours for gossip etc.

He comes across as thoroughly genuine and sincere unlike the duplicitous  politicians he comes up against. No doubt he’ll be accused of some sort of sexual deviancy in the near future.

10 hours ago, slasher said:

He comes across as thoroughly genuine and sincere unlike the duplicitous  politicians he comes up against. No doubt he’ll be accused of some sort of sexual deviancy in the near future.

The politicians and cunts like Kay Burley just don't know how to handle someone who is honest and sincere. They're desperate to find something wrong with him

27 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

The politicians and cunts like Kay Burley just don't know how to handle someone who is honest and sincere. They're desperate to find something wrong with him

And if they can't find something they will make something up. I'm just waiting to see what it is. I have to admit that I am so biased that I have already decided that I won't believe it.

We look, and laugh, at what is accepted in North Korea, but the UK is heading down that route as well. 

20 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

And if they can't find something they will make something up. I'm just waiting to see what it is. I have to admit that I am so biased that I have already decided that I won't believe it.

We look, and laugh, at what is accepted in North Korea, but the UK is heading down that route as well. 

I think that narrative is already being forged... he is an agent of Putin. Bringing strikes and chaos just when we need to pull together and accept all the tory pay cuts to defeat Russia.

I've been saying it for a while, the UK media is bigger part of the problem than the corrupt politicians. Look at the role they played in 2014 and look at the role they played in the Salmond stitch-up just as two small examples. They are utterly vile and Kay Burley is a poster-cunt for them all. Fiona Bruce, Nick Robinson, Jackie Bird etc etc ... fucking scumbags. I've shat better.

edit: another one John Sopel hideous cunt.

Edited by thplinth

Britain is a spent power and a vassal state to the US. (And that is who is impeding our quest for independence.)

But the one thing the UK still does very well (and it comes from a long history of violent conquest and occupation plus from the methods used domestically) is propaganda. 

This is what Putin means by Empire of Lies and he is right... at least on that.

Step out of line like Corbyn did or Salmond did or this guy is doing and you quickly find out the nature of the real country you are living in.

Edited by thplinth

We all witnessed the enormous media propaganda onslaught during 2014. How to a man near enough they coalesced into an arm of the NO campaign, the disgraceful 'Vow' etc etc (just watch London Calling). It was shocking to witness but not surprising (at least to me).

Well we are in another propaganda onslaught right now with regard to Russia, Putin and Ukraine. This onslaught however completely dwarfs the onslaught we witnessed in 2014, this is global and it has been building up over a decade plus.

What amazes me though is that many people who recognized what happened in 2014 are seemingly not even aware that they are in another much more massive propaganda bubble. When it was us being demonized in 2014 it was obvious to some but now it is the Russians they can't see it anymore.

This is why billionaires are queuing up to buy newspapers when none of them make that much money if any. Because people believe them. This is why despite being a prime candidate for it the BBC was never privatised.

From what I am reading South American countries are all quietly rooting for Russia, same with African countries, India, add in China and that must be a majority of the world population I would think. We along with the US are hated.

Unfortunately for the UK I think we are the prime vassal country to a dying empire. We are going down with that ship.