The news thread - Page 34 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

4 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Underestimate me at your peril !  ☠️
Within the benevolent society  I am not known as Tidy the Tremendous Tzar for nothing . I shall give my time for nothing, it will,, after-all,  be more productive than sitting on here talking shite for hours every day.
I am pretty sure I could entice Duncan to join me , and perhaps a few others. It will not be on one off job , I am fairly certain our skill set could be used for the next ‘ bung the better off’ government  funded project. Maybe Malcolm could donate his massive hoose for the task, we would bring our own blankets and flasks. 
If you are interested please PM me.

👍 In.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Good man 👍

Next  !!

Got told on adoption/ Foster panel recently that I was middle class by ten middle class middle age white women so I'm in - apparently suggesting my upbringing and moral behaviour was possibly a better gauge than our current income bracket wasn't the correct answer.

If you start going braless and stop shaving your armpits though I'm out - can't get away with an unintentional erection in public anymore and I've a class status to protect.

Edited by ThistleWhistle

28 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Got told on adoption/ Foster panel recently that I was middle class by ten middle class middle age white women so I'm in - apparently suggesting my upbringing and moral behaviour was possibly a better gauge than our current income bracket wasn't the correct answer.

If you start going braless and stop shaving your armpits though I'm out - can't get away with an unintentional erection in public anymore and I've a class status to protect.

Working class is to do with ones relationship with the means of production. Or at least that's what I read.

2 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

😂😂 If it helps protects your status I will keep my bra on. 

Great to have you onboard TW ! I think I can  overlook your middle class tendencies for your sense of humour, after all I need to keep the troops upbeat 😁 

I have actually been blown away with the response from my post. My inbox is full , any poster out there that is  trying to PM me please don’t give up, I am doing my best to get through the workload . To speed things up a bit,   can you provide details of your strengths in this particular area , and for vetting purposes details of any family members who have multiple homes. Caravans don’t count. 

I have to say, I was particularly bowled over by Malcom’s generosity . He does not want anyone to know but he has indeed donated his large house for the cause. Dont be fooled by the right wing persona he promotes on here, he really is an old leftie at heart. 

Being chief Tzar , I have  commandeered one of his 20 x 25 foot rooms as my office. And as a reward to Malcolm for his generosity I will ensure that,  come the revolution, all second home sympathisers will be required to spend 6 hours a day generating electricity for Malcolm on ‘footstep powered tiles’ located in his ballroom , its a new technology from a company called Pavegen. 

https://www.fastcompany.com/3023185/kids-stomping-feet-generate-the-energy-for-this-school

43 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

any particular reason you think that?  I quite like watching her on Sky news in the morning.

I am not surprised🤣

Her interview with the RMT union guy was embarrassing and her subsequent comments were even worse

Edited by vanderark14

7 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I am not surprised🤣

Her interview with the RMT union guy was embarrassing and her subsequent comments were even worse

she’s doing a job…. Trying to goad him in to to saying something so she has a story.

to be fair I think Mick Lynch speaks very well, and puts his case across clearly.

5 hours ago, Malcolm said:

she’s doing a job…. Trying to goad him in to to saying something so she has a story.

to be fair I think Mick Lynch speaks very well, and puts his case across clearly.

Her job is to goad people into confirming a pre-supposed bias?

As opposed to reporting on the facts and explaining the nuances of two sides of a dispute?

Seems journalism has very different meanings.

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Mick Lynch talks more sense and has more compassion, passion and drive than any MP. 

He's came across very well, although I might just be saying that cause I generally agree with him. If i disagreed I might be saying something else.

29 minutes ago, phart said:

Her job is to goad people into confirming a pre-supposed bias?

As opposed to reporting on the facts and explaining the nuances of two sides of a dispute?

Seems journalism has very different meanings.

There are of course lots of different forms of journalism, if you're looking for long form analysis then an interview on Sky in the morning isn't where you'll find it. 

She's perfectly entitled to ask a "when did you stop beating your wife?" question to get a response.  However when it becomes apparent that the person she's interviewing knows what she's trying to do and isn't going to play along, she just starts to look stupid and should move on.   The clincher is at the end when she complains about the questions not being answered to "my satisfaction".

I see Patricia Gibson MP has been cleared of sexual harassment charges:

https://www.thenational.scot/news/20226189.snp-mp-patricia-gibson-cleared-sexual-harassment-westminster-investigation/?fbclid=IwAR30a37Q8UoDGC4kqtPmAN4jATgkGdahSJF-4r370CaHy6QwRVjjItKUPLs

Seemingly the complainant is the same person who Patrick Grady took a shine to.

He must be a braw looking lad, whoever he is, albeit unfortunate to have attracted the attention of two separate MPs from the same party. 🤔

5 minutes ago, scotlad said:

I see Patricia Gibson MP has been cleared of sexual harassment charges:

https://www.thenational.scot/news/20226189.snp-mp-patricia-gibson-cleared-sexual-harassment-westminster-investigation/?fbclid=IwAR30a37Q8UoDGC4kqtPmAN4jATgkGdahSJF-4r370CaHy6QwRVjjItKUPLs

Seemingly the complainant is the same person who Patrick Grady took a shine to.

He must be a braw looking lad, whoever he is, albeit unfortunate to have attracted the attention of two separate MPs from the same party. 🤔

There is something that is very odd in this whole "scandal" - for want of a better word.

First of all, I'm fully on board that no-one should be put into situations at work where they are made to feel uncomfortable, it would be a lot better for everyone it people kept their hands to themselves.

The incident with Grady happened six years ago - he admitted that it happened - it was dealt with at the time, pretty poorly.  However, the timeline is all a bit odd.   It happened at the SNP Christmas party in December 2016.  However, the story seems to be that it was Blackford who dealt with it initially - and pretty badly.  Blackford only became group leader after the GE in the summer of 2017, so several months after it happened.  I guess that could be a fallout of #metoo.

Speaker Bercow was apparantly informed by an anonymous letter in 2017 - no idea what - if anything - he did with it.

It all goes quiet for 4 years until last year it appeared in the press along with the allegation against Patricia Gibson.

It seems that the guy in question isn't happy with the outcome of the investigation and the sanction imposed.   Looking at what we know, I'd be amazed if in any other workplace, that the incident would result in anything more serious than a written warning, certainly there wouldn't be any suggestion of a sacking.

Whoever recorded that meeting and leaked it to the Daily Mail should be thrown out of the party - I don't view it as whistleblowing rather a deliberate attempt to stir things up.

The guy still works for the SNP at Westminster - I'm not suggesting for a second that he should be sacked or anything - rather that if he finds it so intolerable, I'm surprised he hasn't walked - and possibly taken the SNP to a tribunal for constructive dismissal.

58 minutes ago, aaid said:

There is something that is very odd in this whole "scandal" - for want of a better word.

First of all, I'm fully on board that no-one should be put into situations at work where they are made to feel uncomfortable, it would be a lot better for everyone it people kept their hands to themselves.

The incident with Grady happened six years ago - he admitted that it happened - it was dealt with at the time, pretty poorly.  However, the timeline is all a bit odd.   It happened at the SNP Christmas party in December 2016.  However, the story seems to be that it was Blackford who dealt with it initially - and pretty badly.  Blackford only became group leader after the GE in the summer of 2017, so several months after it happened.  I guess that could be a fallout of #metoo.

Speaker Bercow was apparantly informed by an anonymous letter in 2017 - no idea what - if anything - he did with it.

It all goes quiet for 4 years until last year it appeared in the press along with the allegation against Patricia Gibson.

It seems that the guy in question isn't happy with the outcome of the investigation and the sanction imposed.   Looking at what we know, I'd be amazed if in any other workplace, that the incident would result in anything more serious than a written warning, certainly there wouldn't be any suggestion of a sacking.

Whoever recorded that meeting and leaked it to the Daily Mail should be thrown out of the party - I don't view it as whistleblowing rather a deliberate attempt to stir things up.

The guy still works for the SNP at Westminster - I'm not suggesting for a second that he should be sacked or anything - rather that if he finds it so intolerable, I'm surprised he hasn't walked - and possibly taken the SNP to a tribunal for constructive dismissal.

I suspect he's angling for constructive dismissal and, of course, a financial settlement.

Like you say, no one should be put in a situation with work colleagues that makes them uncomfortable, especially during a works "do" when people should be able to relax, but considering what Grady actually did - which was inappropriate but fairly minor - surely a full and frank apology would be enough to satisfy any reasonable person - and seemingly a full and frank apology he received.

And yet despite this trauma he continued to work for the SNP for years afterwards - that doesn't make sense. If that'd happened to me and I still couldn't forgive the perpetrator to the extent it was impacting on my ability to do my job, I'd have either asked for a move or found somewhere else to work long ago.

I am not surprised Ian Blackford has been dragged into this either. For all that he comes across as a blowhard, he still manages to annoy the Tories.

As for the recording of the meeting, I reckon Dave is on the right lines. Nothing would surprise me less than if it turns out that meeting was bugged, the only question is by who.

4 minutes ago, scotlad said:

As for the recording of the meeting, I reckon Dave is on the right lines. Nothing would surprise me less than if it turns out that meeting was bugged, the only question is by who.

I’d apply occum’s razor to that, the SNP group at WM has been in conflict with itself for a couple of years now. 

1 hour ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Overcompensating after realising his promotion to the middle class? ;)

He is working class. He also slaughtered all the media who's attempts at journalism were bafflingly asinine and just weird to be honest.

I thought the points were factual and the reasoning logical. Even if he does have avacado on his toast.

33 minutes ago, thplinth said:

The guy is a nonce. 

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/victim-of-snp-mps-sexual-harassment-slams-party-for-failures/

funny how now it is a conspiracy. 😀

The man who made the complaint about Gibson is the same young SNP staffer that was targeted with an "unwanted sexual advance" from SNP MP Patrick Grady.