The news thread - Page 32 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I see the Mail is running a story about MP’s lining up Hunt as a replacement for Johnson. It’s probably a load of shite like most of the news in that paper but nor would I be the least bit surprised if it were true. 
 It’s also saying that rebels are waiting for the outcome of by elections on 23 June before submitting letters of no confidence. Honest tae fook , how about just doing the right bloody thing now than wait to see what outcome will save your job. 

That wouldn't surprise me. Hunt has eyeing up the PM's job like a peckish Stephen Daisley with a takeaway menu for ages now.  

To be honest, for anyone who doesn't want the Tories to succeed someone like Hunt or Sunak getting the leadership is bad news. Both possess a bland, inoffensive superficiality that appeals to middle England and those who pay just about enough attention to politics to shuffle out and vote every four or five years.

To improve on Johnson isn't difficult. All his potential successor has to do is take their job seriously, stay on top of their brief, make sure their tracks are covered and comb their hair occasionally and already they've blown BawJaws out of the water.

8 hours ago, Orraloon said:

The 54 letters doesn't mean much though. It will just trigger a vote, which he will win, and we are back to square one again. The only thing that will change anything is if the high heed yins decide they need a new leader before the next election. There isn't much democracy inside the Tory party. I would prefer Boris to stay, to be honest. 

I think the rules are that if there's a vote of no confidence there can't be another one for at least another year.  If there's a vote any time soon he'll almost certainly win it and we'll be stuck with the fud for another year at least, unless he goes of his own accord, which he won't. I reckon it's another ploy.

16 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I dont know one person that is attending a jubilee event. If they are they are not admitting it. Though my neighbours will definitely have something on, there was a picture of them in the Daily Mail a few years ago when there was some other British commemoration , he was dressed like Biggles and she had a UJ hat on . It was like a tea party, must have been a war commemoration . I nearly spat out my Scottish Blend when i saw it. 

We've been invited to two Jubilee parties but I politely declined the offers. Theres a few streets in local tons closed to have street parties, in my town there is only one street closed. I am not surprised, this one street is mainly middle englanders over 60. I suspect the pubs will be rammed but this is because people have two days off to get pished

Edited by vanderark14

24 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

We've been invited to two Jubilee parties but I politely declined the offers. Theres a few streets in local tons closed to have street parties, in my town there is only one street closed. I am not surprised, this one street is mainly middle englanders over 60. I suspect the pubs will be rammed but this is because people have two days off to get pished

There is always the M6 northbound 🙂

17 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Lots of platinum jubilee cakes in my local Tesco!

That is because no fooker is buying them. I am in Edinburgh on Thursday for a girls day out. If the city is kitted out like The Mall I will be straight back on the train to the safety of Glasgow , even if I have to drive the bloody thing myself. 

Just now, TDYER63 said:

There is always the M6 northbound 🙂

That is because no fooker is buying them. I am in Edinburgh on Thursday for a girls day out. If the city is kitted out like The Mall I will be straight back on the train to the safety of Glasgow , even if I have to drive the bloody thing myself. 

I am giving this serious thought

As the verdict rules on the Johnny Depp defamation case I predict him to win. I back him for the reasons as follows.

Just like I backed the verdict of the impartial 15 person majority female jury in the Alex Salmond conspiracy.

Like British Diplomat, Rector of Dundee University, friend of Julien Assange and Wikileaks, Ambassador Craig Murray – Scotland’s political prisoner – “who went to jail in order to expose the fact that Alex Salmond was being framed on false charges, orchestrated within the Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon’s office and testified to by perjury committed by individuals very close to Sturgeon, who made fake claims of molestation.”  - https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2022/03/alex-salmond-and-the-european-court/

Read Craig Murray’s sworn affidavit here - https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2021/01/my-sworn-evidence-on-the-sturgeon-affair/

I support the Me Too Movement’s story that Amber Heards allegations are all to common.

Which is why I back my sisters – women, adult human females - who are statistically the most vulnerable group in society. Read here - https://thecritic.co.uk/neither-marginalised-abused-nor-vulnerable/

I support legislation that would criminalise the purchase of sex and the decriminalisation of the sale of sex, like Sweden – not currently supported by the Scottish Government. I believe that this model of legislation would offer protections to the most vulnerable group in society protections from predatory abusive males. 

And why I also hold the same beliefs of the majority of Scotland – as polled by Panelbase - For Women For Scotland’s campaign for rights to single sex spaces and organisations. I don’t believe that anyone - gay straight or bisexual – should be told that their body or personality in how they wish to express themselves needs changing in order for them to be happy.

Read Panelbase polling here. https://scotgoespop.blogspot.com/2021/11/and-thats-wrap-here-is-full-list-of.html

I respect that 99.9 per cent of the time, sexual violence and domestic abuse are perpetrated by males who are biologically stronger and who commit different crimes from women. But I believe that some women are prepared to tell anything. The unpleasant truth is that some women would be prepared to destroy a man’s reputation in order to obtain money. This happens often in respect of wealthy footballers for example. High profile males are often trialled by tabloid media and deemed guilty before being later proven as innocent in the courts. 

I believe if Johnny Depp wins his defamation case, I believe it will give males a Me Too Movement. A voice which I believe is equally as important as the female Me Too Movement to the small minority of men. 

I will respect the verdict of the Jury. And I believe that the reputation of the legal system in the United States will be come out as enhanced by the outcome.

😉

I only tuned in after seeing a clip of a psychologist expert witness for Depp demolish Heard's lawyer. I am glad I did as it has been very entertaining but also a real eye opener. 

If you want to see what a really malicious woman is capable of then look no further than Amber Heard. I am of the opinion she has lied about everything. She was the physical abuser in the relationship, when Depp finally had enough and told her he was leaving her she staged physical abuse from him and then made up an entire history of (horrific) physical and then sexual abuse that reversed it with him physically abusing her.

She then tried to make herself into some sort of Hollywood ambassador for abuse victims to bolster her career and at Depp's enormous expense as his career was effectively ruined on the back of it. She lies on the stand like she breathes, I have never seen anything like her. She is horrendous. Personally I don't think she will get another role again outside of some woke shite thrown her way by some arsehole stupid enough to still believe anything she says. 

Who knows with a jury but it will be a travesty if Depp does not win. Boy did he fuck up marrying her... But irrespective I think he has cleared his name in the court of public opinion. I totally understand now why he sued her.

Heard on the other hand is fucked. She could have just walked away with the $7m divorce money and got on with the rest of her life and acting career... Now I think she will end up bankrupt, reputation beyond shredded, unemployable in Hollywood with no mates and most of the public rightly despising you. The worst of all worlds (in)famous but broke. Heard has done it to herself and nobody will deserve it more if she does get her comeuppance. I thought Carol Baskin(?) was  nasty but Heard makes her look positively lovely. As I say if ever they need someone to 'play' Woman H she would be perfect. I don't even think she would have to act. 

If Amber Heard has made any other accusations against anyone else in the past I would be revisiting them as they will be bullshit as well. This is someone who had been doing this her whole life and getting away with it....

7 hours ago, thplinth said:

I only tuned in after seeing a clip of a psychologist expert witness for Depp demolish Heard's lawyer. I am glad I did as it has been very entertaining but also a real eye opener. 

If you want to see what a really malicious woman is capable of then look no further than Amber Heard. I am of the opinion she has lied about everything. She was the physical abuser in the relationship, when Depp finally had enough and told her he was leaving her she staged physical abuse from him and then made up an entire history of (horrific) physical and then sexual abuse that reversed it with him physically abusing her.

She then tried to make herself into some sort of Hollywood ambassador for abuse victims to bolster her career and at Depp's enormous expense as his career was effectively ruined on the back of it. She lies on the stand like she breathes, I have never seen anything like her. She is horrendous. Personally I don't think she will get another role again outside of some woke shite thrown her way by some arsehole stupid enough to still believe anything she says. 

Who knows with a jury but it will be a travesty if Depp does not win. Boy did he fuck up marrying her... But irrespective I think he has cleared his name in the court of public opinion. I totally understand now why he sued her.

Heard on the other hand is fucked. She could have just walked away with the $7m divorce money and got on with the rest of her life and acting career... Now I think she will end up bankrupt, reputation beyond shredded, unemployable in Hollywood with no mates and most of the public rightly despising you. The worst of all worlds (in)famous but broke. Heard has done it to herself and nobody will deserve it more if she does get her comeuppance. I thought Carol Baskin(?) was  nasty but Heard makes her look positively lovely. As I say if ever they need someone to 'play' Woman H she would be perfect. I don't even think she would have to act. 

If Amber Heard has made any other accusations against anyone else in the past I would be revisiting them as they will be bullshit as well. This is someone who had been doing this her whole life and getting away with it....

Couldn't put it better myself haha! 

Depp has restored his reputation. He admitted to having drug and alcohol problems. You hear his sister saying he was domestically abused by his mother and retreated in conflict. Despite the abuse he moved her to california. Paid for private nurses and cared for her in her dying days. I thought that was a class act. Despite everything became a super human Holywood star. And owned his faults in the trial while Heard’s defence lead to shame him for his explained drug and alcohol issues. There's no man on this planet thats perfect. We are all have our so called flaws. He must have truely believed he deserved the abuse for a while shacking up with her. 

The world now knows and loves the real Johnny Depp as much as the characters he plays. 

Like all narcissists with personality disorders Heard maintains she's the victim. In her head she believes she is. There's no doubt in my mind that the Jury will side with Depp. Absolutely no doubt about it. 

Edited by Tartan_Tonna

Great result for Johnny Depp. 

Even though I started watching for a laugh I think it will prove to be an important case for various reasons.

Amber Heard... wow. She has already said something like this is a bad result for women. No Amber it is you that is damaging to women and genuine victims of abuse. You are a living example of why we can't assume guilt based on accusations alone and why the "believeme" rubbish has been fatally torpedoed as a result. Amber Heard is exactly why we assume innocent until proven guilty and we have trials and juries.

I have been trying to find a suitable word to describe her and I honestly cannot find something strong enough. She should go to jail for what she did. It was so malicious and false, she tried to destroy Depp while elevating herself on the back of it. And she was the abuser! It is disgusting really what she did.

Johnny Depp has done us a big favour in exposing her, and showing us all. 

Edited by thplinth

5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Not insidious Unionism playing the sectarian card at all

Nope

19 minutes ago, thplinth said:

New favourite word?

Nope

You and Unionist propagandists meet the same criteria

adjective
intended to entrap or beguile: an insidious plan.

stealthily treacherous or deceitful: an insidious enemy.

operating or proceeding in an inconspicuous or seemingly harmless way but actually with grave effect: an insidious disease.

Its not ‘new’ news but I was wondering if there is anything on social media about this £400 energy bill allowance that is being given to people who own multiple homes ? I cannot believe i have not read more about it, how on earth can this be justified? Was just wondering if I am missing something. 

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/gb-news-broadcast-twelfth-parades-24225867

Staunch News

🤣

The channel is to focus on the largest of the Orange parades, in Armagh, with Northern Ireland correspondent Douglas Beattie on the ground to explain the "patriotism, pageantry and colour of the processions".

Edited by vanderark14

16 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/gb-news-broadcast-twelfth-parades-24225867

Staunch News

🤣

The channel is to focus on the largest of the Orange parades, in Armagh, with Northern Ireland correspondent Douglas Beattie on the ground to explain the "patriotism, pageantry and colour of the processions".

‘’GB News stands for inclusion ‘’ says Arlene Foster 🤣 Aye, unless you are a catholic.

Maybe they think they are broadcasting the Belfast 5k . 

On 6/15/2022 at 3:00 PM, TDYER63 said:

Its not ‘new’ news but I was wondering if there is anything on social media about this £400 energy bill allowance that is being given to people who own multiple homes ? I cannot believe i have not read more about it, how on earth can this be justified? Was just wondering if I am missing something. 

Is NO-ONE more than a little pissed off about this or are we a board of second and third home owners? 👀

31 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

‘’GB News stands for inclusion ‘’ says Arlene Foster 🤣 Aye, unless you are a catholic.

Maybe they think they are broadcasting the Belfast 5k . 

It's hularious, thankfully that lot are a dying breed. As much as I hate the BBC, it was great move by them to fuck off the marches.

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Is NO-ONE more than a little pissed off about this or are we a board of second and third home owners? 👀

It's a universal benefit, as far as i can see. I am guessing that the this is the easiest and cheapest way to deliver it. As soon as you start to apply any kind of means testing you incur high costs which are often much more than any money saved. It looks like the energy companies are doing the admin for this. Not sure how much they are getting paid for that though?

It will be just like the fuel duty. Ordinary folk will hardly notice it, and somebody who already has loads of money will make even more money out of it.

Edited by Orraloon