The news thread - Page 30 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 hour ago, Tartan_Tonna said:

He's suing Amber heard for 50 million dollars. He'll win easy. 

Only heard bits and pieces. Can't believe its been strung out for 26 days the lawyers will be the real winners. 

She sounds like the domestic abuser. Coercive control. 

Depp says he's never laid a finger on her. 

Today the bruises photos of her face were proven to be edited. 

A picture of Chris Brown thumping Rihanna was mentioned. Amber Heard said she was abused on a heavier scale, burst lip etc. She did a TV interview the next day with no evidence of the attack. 

Kate Moss said Johnny Depp didn't push her down the stairs. Said he was a lovely guy. 

She shit on his side of the bed. 

Was in cahoots with TMZ magazine and paperazzi to destroy him. Telling them to be in certain place while not wearing make up. Send them an edited video which cut out bits of her laughing. The court saw the full thing. 

She was seen laughing with her girlfriend with no bruising on her face after their divorce. 

Lots of lies discredited by witnesses. Heard suggested they were committing perjury. 

I hope he wins the 50 million. Rinses her. And I hope this kick starts a male Me Too Movement. 

Well I can see you are all over this as well. 😀

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, thplinth said:

Personally I would have said the sky journalist was the bigger cunt in that exchange. Cruz became visibly offended when he started talking down about the USA as a whole. The bodies are barely cold and he is pimping them out to score points in a very Sky News / Kay Burley cunty fashion.

That would be a fair point, if this was a one off, but its not, mass shootings happen every day in that shithole of a country.

If 19 dead kids and 2 teachers isn't a political issue, then I don't know what is. Cruz is a lick spittle populist cunt, he has no morals, no values, no integrity, he just wants to be in power and will do whatever he thinks the right wing morons want. His diatribe at the end was pathetic, America is almost a third world country with some very, very rich people pulling up the countries financial figures and inflated self worth.

If they didn't change things when little white kids in nice Connecticut were assassinated, they certainly won't when brown kids are killed almost on the border with Mexico. 

Edited by kumnio

4 minutes ago, kumnio said:

That would be a fair point, if this was a one off, but its not, mass shootings happen every day in that shithole of a country.

If 19 dead kids and 2 teachers isn't a political issue, then I don't know what is. Cruz is a lick spittle populist cunt, he has no morals, no values, no integrity, he just wants to be in power and will do whatever he thinks the right wing morons want. His diatribe at the end was pathetic, America is almost a third world country with some very, very rich people pulling up the countries financial figures and inflated self worth.

If they didn't change things when little white kids in nice Connecticut were assassinated, they certainly won't when brown kids are killed almost on the border with Mexico. 

He also fetishises guns with weird stunts etc.

Fair enough if you want a gun for hunting or even self-defence but doing stuff like this

21 minutes ago, chaff said:

Awful news. I've seen Depeche mode more than any other band, the highlight being a few years ago in the barrowland for the BBC 6 music festival.

I've been a bit disparaging about depeche mode on here over the years but what a following they have.

2 minutes ago, phart said:

He also fetishises guns with weird stunts etc.

Fair enough if you want a gun for hunting or even self-defence but doing stuff like this

WTF did I just watch.

He is the epitome of sleeze, the ugliest human being in existence right now. There literally arent enough swear words to describe that fucking cretinous cunt.

7 hours ago, thplinth said:

Ahhh I dunno. Did not like them growing up in the 80's. In fact I kinda hated them. Weird as you are one of my favourite posters. 😀

I should have said it was only much more recently I started to appreciate them. It was seeing the fans they had from places in Eastern Europe etc that made look again. Pretty extraordinary band.

9 hours ago, thplinth said:

Ahhh I dunno. Did not like them growing up in the 80's. In fact I kinda hated them. Weird as you are one of my favourite posters. 😀

You must've been an oddball like me. I remember not disliking but not caring much for bands when growing up in the 80s that most around me were in to, Depeche Mode, Big Country, Simple Minds, etc. Appreciate them now. I was in to stuff that was before my time (70's) early Talking Heads, Roxy Music up to Punk stuff. 

Edited by Och Aye

Yes similar. Thought the 80's were generally pish at the time music wise. (It was the Stock Aitken Waterman era in particular that did it, probably got their names wrong.) Looking back now I appreciate it much more. I can remember how over the course of one summer holiday all the rockers at school became new romantics and were into Duran Duran. 😀

Depeche mode have a really distinctive sound. I always found it a bit metallic, a bit industrial if that makes sense. But they have stood the test of time all right. As a I say a really surprisingly big following in places you'd least expect it.

10 hours ago, kumnio said:

I've not really seen anything to support that about Cruz to be fair to him. One guy who does fit that description perfectly though is Lindsay Graham, what war mongering cunt he is, up there with John McCain. (Check them out when they visited Ukraine a while back....)

I think when I posted about the lack of posts on here about the Waukesha mass murders at the time you said it was because it is in yankland and people here don't care anymore etc. But then you get a reaction like that above... So alas I do think these incidents are immediately politicized (or not like Waukesha when it does not suit the agenda).

You occasionally just get people who are completely demented. People will have forgotten this or never heard about it but it absolutely horrified me at the time. This guy came within a baw-hair of torching 51 kids alive on their school bus.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/20/world/europe/bus-students-kidnaped.html

I do think kids generally need better protection. I can't fathom folk like this, like a Hamilton. I think many of these incidents involving guns or otherwise are linked to rising mental health issues (especially in the US) and prescription drugs but also the extremist rhetoric now.  Waukesha seemed like it was fuelled by racial hatred and then the Buffalo guy I think had waukesha written on his rifle... so tit for tat but this cunt was just mentally ill. He was taking 'revenge' on these kids because they were the one group he could find that were weaker than him, like shooting fish in a barrel. But he could have just blocked the door and petrol bombed them. Or mowed them down in his car when they were watching a parade. How do you legislate for this kind of lunacy and maybe you shouldn't. I dunno. Thankfully it is not my problem to solve.

I honestly couldn’t even remember what the Waukesha one was, so just had to Google it. Black racist driving through a parade, appalling murder, yet another of their daily mass murders. 

Might be cold, uncaring etc, but by posting what I did yesterday, it was just a reaction to a post, I still don’t really care, im not going to do anything, apart from a few minutes when it was on the news and here, I won’t think about it. It’s just another tragedy thousands of miles away, that doesn’t affect me one little bit. 

I’ve also said dozens of times that we should stop getting American news in the UK, there’s no need for these things to be reported here. 

There are unwell or unstable people everywhere, however, Europe has over twice the population of the USA, yet we don’t have twice the issues, when something happens here, it’s a massive story, because it’s so rare. 

32 minutes ago, kumnio said:

I honestly couldn’t even remember what the Waukesha one was, so just had to Google it. Black racist driving through a parade, appalling murder, yet another of their daily mass murders. 

Might be cold, uncaring etc, but by posting what I did yesterday, it was just a reaction to a post, I still don’t really care, im not going to do anything, apart from a few minutes when it was on the news and here, I won’t think about it. It’s just another tragedy thousands of miles away, that doesn’t affect me one little bit. 

I’ve also said dozens of times that we should stop getting American news in the UK, there’s no need for these things to be reported here. 

There are unwell or unstable people everywhere, however, Europe has over twice the population of the USA, yet we don’t have twice the issues, when something happens here, it’s a massive story, because it’s so rare. 

Someone else raised that point about other countries having mental health issues but it doesn’t end up with shootings. Its a very valid point.

6 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Heard on the news this morning the husband of one of the killed teachers died of a heart attack through suspected grief leaving 4 kids!  

I read that last night, its not just the shootings which is bad enough but also the ripple effect. 

14 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

So many of these mass-shootings over the years.

No doubt many parents over these years would have been pro-gun folk.

So, I wonder what those pro-gun folk think after their child has been taken in such a way.

The very thing they believed in, took their child away.

You would think most would feel very guilty, but I imagine some may still think nothing could have been done . Its scary how people can be brain washed into believing things . The strong religious aspect in parts of the US doesn’t help promote clarity either. 

3 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

The strong religious aspect in parts of the US doesn’t help promote clarity either. 

If God did exist, Im pretty certain that he would view these people as absolute vermin. They arent religious at all, well apart from abortion issues, the whole love your fellow man, help the needy, feed the poor, be humble, be joyful, be patient and kind is ignored by them.

4 hours ago, Och Aye said:

You must've been an oddball like me. I remember not disliking but not caring much for bands when growing up in the 80s that most around me were in to, Depeche Mode, Big Country, Simple Minds, etc. Appreciate them now. I was in to stuff that was before my time (70's) early Talking Heads, Roxy Music up to Punk stuff. 

I grew up on 80s music. Apart from Depeche Mode, Big Country, Tears For Fears, Simple Minds, Psychedelic Furs, Duran Duran, Bronski Beat, Pet Shop Boys, the list goes on. I have a massive 80s Playlist on my Spotify which I still listen to regularly, as does my wife which is kinda cool..

52 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I grew up on 80s music. Apart from Depeche Mode, Big Country, Tears For Fears, Simple Minds, Psychedelic Furs, Duran Duran, Bronski Beat, Pet Shop Boys, the list goes on. I have a massive 80s Playlist on my Spotify which I still listen to regularly, as does my wife which is kinda cool..

👍

14 hours ago, thplinth said:

I should have said it was only much more recently I started to appreciate them. It was seeing the fans they had from places in Eastern Europe etc that made look again. Pretty extraordinary band.

Growing up I was an absolute metal head, slayer, sepultura Metallica.

In 1989 my sister came back from the states with pretty hate machine , the debut album from nine inch nails with the words, you'll not like this it has keyboards and synths. I was totally blown away and my head was turned, from there I got into bands like ministry, nitzer ebb, front line assembly and front 242, I had no idea electronic music could be so aggressive. 

It was only really from then that I liked Depeche mode, they released songs of faith and devotion one of their most melancholic albums inspired for want of a better word by their addictions and near death experiences.

I've seen Depeche mode 7 times, I've seen them in the stad de France and in a stadium in Bratislava, but seeing them in the barras, two rows from the stage was the highlight.

Screenshot_20220527-213922~2.png

8 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Liked a bit of Big Country but I turned off to anything electronic. Was into The Clash, Pixies, The Jam, The Smiths, Half Man Half Biscuit, The Wedding Present. Strangely, I'm now getting into Tears for Fears, The Cure and Depeche Mode 🤷🏻‍♂️. And The The, for some reason...

9 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Liked a bit of Big Country but I turned off to anything electronic. Was into The Clash, Pixies, The Jam, The Smiths, Half Man Half Biscuit, The Wedding Present. Strangely, I'm now getting into Tears for Fears, The Cure and Depeche Mode 🤷🏻‍♂️. And The The, for some reason...

Fuck me, how could I forget The Cure. Seen them in Montreal a few years ago, brilliant. Talk Talk, The Thompson Twins, Madness, The Specials, shiye, only half five here, might have an 80s night on You tube now.. 🤣🤣

I was still at secondary and one of my pals was into them - can remember him buying Just cant get enough and i thought it was shite

I would have been 13-14

Still thought they were shite until i heard Enjoy The Silence which was 10 years later and it's probably one of my favourite songs of all time 

Have mellowed on them since but thats their only song i listen to regularly

Personal Jesus is alright too

11 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

I was still at secondary and one of my pals was into them - can remember him buying Just cant get enough and i thought it was shite

I would have been 13-14

Still thought they were shite until i heard Enjoy The Silence which was 10 years later and it's probably one of my favourite songs of all time 

Have mellowed on them since but thats their only song i listen to regularly

Personal Jesus is alright too

Quality. Violator is my favorite CD. Brilliant.. 👍