The news thread - Page 13 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

On 1/4/2022 at 6:17 PM, dandydunn said:

No, nothing wired, this just says it has been installed by a competent person and to the standards required, this’ll be very important for the insurance to try and have a get out clause, but hopefully it’s never needed. 

back on this topic....cant get any wireless aico detectors in the deen at the moment...where are you getting your supplies from ? tinternet ?

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, davierobbsagod said:

back on this topic....cant get any wireless aico detectors in the deen at the moment...where are you getting your supplies from ? tinternet ?

Wholesalers are pretty scarce too, there’s no wireless heat detectors in Aberdeen at the moment, roughly a 10 day wait time on them and what they do have, most have stopped selling to Joe public and keeping them for trade only I’m afraid. 

The internet is a lot more expensive than what I’ve been paying for them, but it may have to be a last resort if the customer is willing to cough up, but most are just happy to wait. 

45 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Wholesalers are pretty scarce too, there’s no wireless heat detectors in Aberdeen at the moment, roughly a 10 day wait time on them and what they do have, most have stopped selling to Joe public and keeping them for trade only I’m afraid. 

The internet is a lot more expensive than what I’ve been paying for them, but it may have to be a last resort if the customer is willing to cough up, but most are just happy to wait. 

I managed to get 2 smoke and 1 heat aico wireless alarms from a wholesaler in england for £190 free delivery I bought the hard wired ones for myself and will get the moosie and coathanger out......

15 minutes ago, davierobbsagod said:

I managed to get 2 smoke and 1 heat aico wireless alarms from a wholesaler in england for £190 free delivery I bought the hard wired ones for myself and will get the moosie and coathanger out......

Wonderful, remember and rob a bit of lead from the guy doing the roof for the moosie and half hitch the cable on 🤣

16 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Wonderful, remember and rob a bit of lead from the guy doing the roof for the moosie and half hitch the cable on 🤣

no lead for me, welded link plug or bath chain the way to go .......was always hovering around the plumbers for any sinks getting chucked

Inflation reaches almost 5%. It's now at its highest rate for about 30 years. Anybody under 40 probably won't remember inflation ever being above 5%. If this lasts for any length of time, or gets even higher, it's going to be a major shock to the system. Younger generations will really struggle to cope. When I tell younger folk that I can remember inflation being above 20% they just laugh at me and think I'm taking the pish. But mostly they have very little interest in inflation. I think they might start to be interested very soon?

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/inflationandpriceindices

29 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Inflation reaches almost 5%. It's now at its highest rate for about 30 years. Anybody under 40 probably won't remember inflation ever being above 5%. If this lasts for any length of time, or gets even higher, it's going to be a major shock to the system. Younger generations will really struggle to cope. When I tell younger folk that I can remember inflation being above 20% they just laugh at me and think I'm taking the pish. But mostly they have very little interest in inflation. I think they might start to be interested very soon?

Obviously fuel is having a major impact but shipping  costs in general are playing a large part in this. They have gone from $1500 to $ 15-20k per container in a very short period of time. Mainly caused by an increase in demand for goods as covid diminishes. You would hope these costs will reduce over time, its fookin outrageous and affects absolutely everything we buy. 
House prices are going through the roof at the moment and 3 interest rate rises are expected this year. There will be a lot of pain if things don’t settle down. 

Edited by TDYER63

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

The difference back then was that inflation could be countered by raising interest rates, that's not a likely option this time.

Heard someone on the radio this morning explaining how global factors are affecting UK inflation, like Putin reducing European gas supplies and Chinese microchip production dropping due to Covid.

12 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I really need to stop sweating the small stuff when you see what some folk go through.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2022/01/19/womans-tongue-replaced-with-thigh-to-fight-cancer/amp/

"2013 was the toughest year of my life and I couldn’t of done it without the support of my amazing Anthony and the rest of my family,” she said."

FFS, the New York Post should be ashamed of themselves. 😂

The BBC can get camera crews to the USA and Serbia to report on Adele and Novak but not the tailbacks on the M20

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/lorry-queues-national-highways-brexit-cctv-cameras-309038/

On 1/19/2022 at 12:41 PM, Orraloon said:

Happy New Year Britain.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2022-01-20/rising-energy-price-cap-tax-increases-high-inflation-coming-to-u-k-in-april

UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson handed results of Sue Gray report into Downing Street parties, ahead of expected public release today
Edited by Ally Bongo

James Cook to replace Sarah Smith as BBC's Scotland Editor.

Can't think of anyone better to fill this role as he's one of the few that you genuinely can't tell what his political leanings are - and that's how it should be.