The news thread - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

26 minutes ago, phart said:

It does seem to be a common factors in the idealogy of a few folk doing these things. Not sure how strong it is and how much weight you can put on it considering i'm just lifting a snapshot from the net. I'd heard of incel, but not blackpill.

I wonder if its more a case of stepping back a level and looking at why young men - because its pretty much always young men - get radicalised to the point where they feel that they need to take the lives of others.   I suspect the pathology would turn out to be not that different whatever the idealogy. 

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The police were pretty clear, no terrorism, they believe it is domestically related. There will be reasons for that.

It looks like he killed members of his own family initially before then going tonto on passers by. Read it may have been his brother he killed to begin with. 

I think it is fair to say you are not of sound mind if you are shooting a three year old. I would not be surprised if he is related to the bairn also.

You get cases where one of the parents when faced with a divorce and / or losing custody will kill all the children and themselves. Search google, it is surprisingly common. There was a case not that long ago in the UK I am sure. The husband killed all the children and himself after his wife posted something on social media about having an affair. And this is their own kids... it is amazing. How can you talk yourself into that...

None of us really know what went on here but I guess they cant reveal too much for some reason. Shooting a three year old and the cops immediately ruling out terrorism sort of suggests it could be something similar (i.e. some insane family thing). The incel / trump stuff seems like cheap click bait but just a guess.

Edited by thplinth

3 hours ago, thplinth said:

The police were pretty clear, no terrorism, they believe it is domestically related. There will be reasons for that.

It looks like he killed members of his own family initially before then going tonto on passers by. Read it may have been his brother he killed to begin with. 

I think it is fair to say you are not of sound mind if you are shooting a three year old. I would not be surprised if he is related to the bairn also.

Admittedly I have not read a lot on this, but I did read that he was having mental health problems. It could be true , could just be internet gossip . If it is true, why did no one raise the alarm that he held a gun licence ? Surely if you knew someone could be vulnerable,  and they held a gun licence ,  you would report it? Even if it was simply to protect that person from themselves. 

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

So the person who resigned from her job as Scottish Tory leader because she wanted to spend more time with her family now has, what, three jobs??

Edited by scotlad

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/58237884

This is still rumbling on. I dont agree with her agent, I don't think the question was unfair and it certainly wasn't bullying

https://eu.cincinnati.com/story/sports/2021/08/17/naomi-osaka-cincinnati-tennis-star-could-help-other-athletes-column/8156280002/

39 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Very sad, funny funny guy :(

I saw him doing stand up in a tiny room at the Fringe years ago and he was superb.  His bit about having to answer the phone while trying to put keyrings on his keys is still one of the funniest bits of comedy I've seen (although probably doesn't sound like it!!).

3 hours ago, bonzo said:

Jeez, Sean Lock has died 😥

😞

I didnt watch 8 out of 10 cats as I dont like Jimmy Carr, but regularly saw him on the panel shows and found him very funny. He was very likeable and unassuming . 
Very sad news. 

2 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

With all that’s going on in the world the Daily Express front page today would instead like to provide a timely reminder that Megan has been an absolute cowbag to poor Liz. 

As opposed to Andrew getting a summons for alleged noncery.

54 minutes ago, scotlad said:

SNP and the Greens have apparently agreed on a deal that will see them form a formal coalition government. It's expected to be confirmed later.

That will seriously boil people's pish over at Abla Towers.