Ticketing shambles - General Euro 2020 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ticketing shambles

Winks76

All of us fans that have 11 points or less will not get a ticket, however there’s hundreds of tickets in the secondary ticket market, including sponsors tickets, that are selling from £600 a pop. Absolute piss take. Fans suffer as per

• 2 weeks later...
Guest allyc

It what it is...ordinarily you would have got a ticket and there still would have been tickets selling for £600 quid. We were always only getting 16% of the capacity in terms of the SSC.  

Edited by allyc

I still think giving all tickets to the highest points is a bit of a joke. I think the people on highest points should of got first choice of what game they wanted to attend and then they should of given the tickets down the points ladder. We only got around 7000 tickets so to give as many different people the option of going to at least 1 game. Covid has stopped a lot of people getting to watch Scotland at home and most of the SSC fans would of got to go if it wasn't for it. 

16 hours ago, stitch said:

I still think giving all tickets to the highest points is a bit of a joke. I think the people on highest points should of got first choice of what game they wanted to attend and then they should of given the tickets down the points ladder. We only got around 7000 tickets so to give as many different people the option of going to at least 1 game. Covid has stopped a lot of people getting to watch Scotland at home and most of the SSC fans would of got to go if it wasn't for it. 

I’ll bite. 

You think the guy that has travelled from his house on Cathcart Road for the occasional home game, should get the same treatment as the guy from Orkney who has to get there for every home game and has to get to mainland Scotland before travelling to an away game?

Nope, just accept the fans that are the most loyal will always be rewarded, that’s the fairest way to deal with it, whether we were given 1500 or 15000 tickets. 

If you want to reap the rewards, you have to put in the effort I’m afraid. 

So dandydunn you think in this situation that given all 3 games to the same 2500 people fare. People who have over 10 points didn't get a thing and that doesn't mean they have only been to the odd home game. 

4 minutes ago, stitch said:

So dandydunn you think in this situation that given all 3 games to the same 2500 people fare. People who have over 10 points didn't get a thing and that doesn't mean they have only been to the odd home game. 

It's only right that the ETA get these tickets. We've been more loyal so we get the tickets. 

On 6/4/2021 at 5:17 PM, stitch said:

Just out of interest, how many points do you have?

Life isn’t always fair. I want a Lamborghini, but can’t afford it, that’s just tough luck. If people have spent money going to Mexico, Peru, Kazakhstan, Russia, Israel, Cyprus etc, then they rightfully deserve the chance to buy tickets for any game that they want. 

Kumnio it doesn't matter how many points I have. It's about thinking of as many club members as you could of and give them a chance of going to 1 game. A lot of members are to young to have ever seen us at a tournament. Who knows the next time we will qualify. For your information about me. I will be driving over 700 miles return to go to the game on Monday. 

I flew from Australia to Iceland for a game when I lived there, and flew from Taiwan to Russia for a game when I lived there. If I can do that, and you can drive 700 miles to get to a game, we deserve as many tickets as we want, certainly more than people on low points 👍

People could have went to any home game, and 9/10 of the last away games. The club rewards attendance, not simply membership in cases of low ticket availability.