What A Trip! - Page 2 - Poland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

What A Trip!

King Of Paisley

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loved it in March, loved it again this time. Brilliant locals - on the match day in the city and outside the ground before and after - the Poland fans were absolutely brilliant. One of the highlights for me was in the square we were asked for photos with a Polish mum and dad with their wee boy. My mate had an old Scotland top that didn't fit him with the idea of giving it away to a youngster. Anyway, after we put the top on the wee boy for the photo, his parents moved to give it back, to which we said he should keep it. You'd have thought you'd made the wee man's year - was a really lovely moment.

Warsaw is a beautfiul city and amazing to think most of it had to be rebuilt after 1944. There's a lot of history to it and while the weather undoubtedly helped, it was a nice place to walk around. I felt a wee bit moved with all the high fives, handshakes and photos after the game! A good game of fitba' as well in a really impressive venue.

Brilliant :ok:

In terms of being in Warsaw, thought the March game was much better, but in terms of trip in a whole, this was one of the classics :ok:

Absolutely fell in love in Krakow, and the Polish Folk and Music night was up there with one of the best on a TA trip (seeing certain TAMB'ers up dancing with these Polish birds....... :wink2: plus who would have thought the Birdie Dance was Polish :-)) ).

Trip to Auschwitz was humbling.... looking at photos and just the scale of the place puts you in shock.

DeeRus train up to Warsaw...... me and Gothenburg83 making it with minutes to spare..... Stewart_Aberdeen, Cove and DeeRus (plus his dad!!!!) running up the platform as the train starts to pull away and just making it.

Sing-song all the way up :sing:

Did not really care for Warsaw much, but good time had in the Jakey Bar again :beer2:

Edited by wanderer

Good to see Im getting the blame for the chaos ! :lol:

Superb time, that first night in the jakey bar will last long in the memories.

Cheers to all the Troops that put up with me :ok:

I'd like to thank them too. And can you please have him next time as well. :wave:

Well me and Mrs Peever arrived in Warsaw with a bad flu so not much to drink on the Monday night.But we well made up for it on match day.Both sorry all 3 Ted gigs were just bouncing especially the one after the game.I went back to the room wearing a medium Polish shirt after swapping my Ssc one with a Polish guy.How I got into it I have no idea as Im xx to xxxl.Saw more of Warsaw this time and cant wait to go back.

Belter of a trip. Shame my mate's bags never turned up for two days after he did .

Krakow first night - joined Wanderer's group in traditional Polish night - completely off the wall - entertainment a right laugh but the food .....

Four of us went round the corner in the main square afterwards to hear the strains of "Sweet Caroline from the Karaoke Bar and we were in like a shot. Some old guy with a long beard like ZZ top singing "Nessun Dorma" and nearly as good as Pavarotti himself. Bit of "Dignity" from friends and then did my own "Sweeet Caroline " with about ten backing singers on stage which was just as well as I'm crap.

Buffet car all the way down to Warsaw on train. Went to all three Ted gigs which were fantastic.

Somehow everywhere you go in Poland someone wants to offer you a vodka of some sort ..be rude not to.

Enjoyed Warsaw again but Krakow is immense.

DeeRus train up to Warsaw...... me and Gothenburg83 making it with minutes to spare..... Stewart_Aberdeen, Cove and DeeRus (plus his dad!!!!) running up the platform as the train starts to pull away and just making it.

Sing-song all the way up :sing:

Did we make it ........ yes or no ?

Probably nearer no than yes eh but learning a new song was a bonus ?

Thanks again for arranging the Sunday night and yes you were a tad Lady Gaga ?

Edited by DeeRus

Good to see Im getting the blame for the chaos ! :lol:

Superb time, that first night in the jakey bar will last long in the memories.

Cheers to all the Troops that put up with me :ok:

You recovered from the express taxi tae Modlin airport last night ?

Been to about 25 away games now, and this one has probably been my favourite.

Loved everything about it; the Polish, the cheap drink, the stadium, the match!

We were last ones out of the stadium and were hanging about with the stewards getting freebies from the stadium food stalls! :wink2:

Got dropped off in the old town after the match and we were grabbed by about 8 local boys offering to take us to a nightclub, so followed them and we basically ended up at the Univeristy Freshers night, only Scotland fans in the place - it was mobbed! :guitar::love:

All in all, I'd love to play Poland again and wish them all the best in their remaining matches; apart from us at Hampden! :cheers3:

First time ever in Poland and I will definitely be rushing back if we ever draw Poland in a future campaign. Warsaw is a fantastic city, great beer, our hotel on the Castle Square was bang on and the two Ted Christopher gigs were absolutely rocking.

And the stadium is simply the best I have ever been in. Utterly breathtaking. Don't think I have experienced a cauldron such as that one and both sets of fans were in fantastic voice. The 'Can you hear the Poland sing' chant from our boys that bounced around the stadium when we went 2-1 up was just awesome. That will live long in the memory

But special mention simply goes to the Poles. Terrific people who were so welcoming and their fans inside and outside the ground were a joy. Lost count of the number of Poles coming up to shake your hand after the game and wanting to pose for photos.

Top top trip.

You went to a Ted Christopher gig??

It was nice knowing you.

Cracking trip. Was in a wee bar built into one of the columns of the bridge you crossed to go over the river to the stadium. In their for two hours before and after the game. Lethal. dont think any scots realised it was there. Loved the city. Went on a vodka tour in a wee communist fire engine that held the eight of us. Christ , what a laugh. Nearly the death of a few of us. Stadium is awesome