My 26 man Players-I’ve-seen-squad. - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

My 26 man Players-I’ve-seen-squad.

er yir macaroon

On 5/19/2021 at 2:26 PM, er yir macaroon said:

Goram

Leighton

McGregor

Hutton

Nicol

Gough

Miller

McLeish

Hansen

Tierney

Robertson

Strachan

Souness

McStay

Ferguson

McAllister

Collins

Lambert

Wark

McFadden 

Dalglish

Johnston

McCoist

Jordan 

Cooper 

J. Robertson

Fuck me mate your auld, hansen Dalglish 😜 only joking mate, I'm actually jealous not so much about hansen as he's an anglofied cunt as far as I'm concerned but to see Dalglish playing must have been brilliant good times then and hopefully good times ahead starting on June 14th 🙏🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Goram

Leighton

Gordon

Hutton

Hendry

Gough

Weir

Boyd

Tierney

Robertson

McPherson

Strachan

Burley

McStay

Ferguson

McAllister

Collins

Lambert

Fletcher

McCall

Brown

Hutchison

McFadden 

Durie

Gallagher

McCoist

Edited by Taylor1996

38 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Goram

Leighton

Gordon

McGrain

McQueen

Gough

Buchan

McLeish

Hansen

Tierney

Robertson

Strachan

Souness

McStay

Bremner

McAllister

Collins

Lambert

Ferguson

McFadden 

Dalglish

Johnston

McCoist

Jordan 

Cooper 

Johnstone

I am assuming on the telly counts.

I suppose so, but only on the basis that I don’t think I saw Joe Jordan in the flesh, if I did I was too young to remember. I originally had big Dunc in but he only really hit the cross bar. 

Age alert coming up here

Goalies ( 3)

Goram, Gordon (at his [peak), Rough (maybe sentimental reasons, if not Leighton)

Defenders (9)

Miller, McLeish, Gough, Buchan, Hendry ( Colin not Jack), McGrain, Jardine, Robertson, Tierney

Midfield (9)

Strachan, Souness, McStay, John Robertson, Hay, Billy Bremner ( captain) Lambert, Fletcher, Davie Cooper

Forwards (5)

Dalglish, Jordan, McCoist, Law ( only saw him at end of his career) Gallagher

McGrain and Jardine fight for the right back spot and Robertson and Tierney for the left back, salivating!!!

Near misses for McCall, Aitken, Mo Johnson, Faddy, Collins, Hutton

Never thought Hanson ever did it in a Scotland jersey.  

2 hours ago, Burj_Alba said:

Age alert coming up here

Goalies ( 3)

Goram, Gordon (at his [peak), Rough (maybe sentimental reasons, if not Leighton)

Defenders (9)

Miller, McLeish, Gough, Buchan, Hendry ( Colin not Jack), McGrain, Jardine, Robertson, Tierney

Midfield (9)

Strachan, Souness, McStay, John Robertson, Hay, Billy Bremner ( captain) Lambert, Fletcher, Davie Cooper

Forwards (5)

Dalglish, Jordan, McCoist, Law ( only saw him at end of his career) Gallagher

McGrain and Jardine fight for the right back spot and Robertson and Tierney for the left back, salivating!!!

Near misses for McCall, Aitken, Mo Johnson, Faddy, Collins, Hutton

Never thought Hanson ever did it in a Scotland jersey.  

I like it. I think Johnston was better than McCoist when at his best. I never saw Law. Jardine and McGrain a good shout. Hansen hard to leave out on club form but I know what you are saying.
I’m thinking maybe I should have included John McGinn - he’s certainly on the right trajectory. 

Just now, er yir macaroon said:

I was sorely tempted to include Peter Weir on club form. I’m sure Eric Black would have been a contender but for injury. 

Both were incredible for aberdeen but didn't get many chances for Scotland, in fairness that must have been one of the most difficult times to break into a Scotland team.

Imagine that nowadays, European trophy winners can't get into the Scotland team 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Both were incredible for aberdeen but didn't get many chances for Scotland, in fairness that must have been one of the most difficult times to break into a Scotland team.

Imagine that nowadays, European trophy winners can't get into the Scotland team 

I remember Weir being sensational in the Super Cup Final. I think inconsistency kept him out the Scotland team, a bit like Cooper who could have had more caps. Black was relatively young when his injuries started, but what a brilliant striker he was while it lasted. 

2 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

I like it. I think Johnston was better than McCoist when at his best. I never saw Law. Jardine and McGrain a good shout. Hansen hard to leave out on club form but I know what you are saying.
I’m thinking maybe I should have included John McGinn - he’s certainly on the right trajectory. 

Ask the same question in about 6 weeks and hopefully will find a place for him, McTominey, Gilmour and golden boot winner Lyndon Dykes 😄😄

20 minutes ago, Burj_Alba said:

Ask the same question in about 6 weeks and hopefully will find a place for him, McTominey, Gilmour and golden boot winner Lyndon Dykes 😄😄

I do have a feeling about Dykes in this tournament, and Patterson, too.

Gilmour playing well wouldn’t surprise anybody.