Not going to any live games or down to Wembley Tartan Army. - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Not going to any live games or down to Wembley Tartan Army.

Bristolhibby

Thought I’d start the thread for the majority of us who simply don’t have enough points, and aren’t going down to Wembley to sit in a pub or a park huddled round an iPhone.

What’s your plans?

For the Czech game there’s a few Scots Lahr live down here we are meeting in the Trinity in Bath. I’ve got the day off so hopefully will be a good sesh.

Enfland game, going round my old mans with my boys. Again with a select few Scots. (Having been in town for many an England game, I don’t fancy it after we beat them!)

Croatia, not got plans, it will be on the same time as the England game so no chance of getting it on in a pub. Likely at mine with my old man and my lads.

Cant wait. I’m pretty relaxed about not getting tickets, I’ve never been to a tournament (was 17 in 1998) so why start now right?

J

Edited by Bristolhibby
Addition

Same, I was 13 in 98 and as much as I’d love to watch the games live, I know others deserve it way more, and I’m still in Australia anyway. 

Probably fly to Melbourne for the England game and watch it with mates. Likely be watching the other 2 at mines, half steaming and kicking every ball. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

I'll be watching the first match in London City centre with some friends. I'll watch the other two in the garden.

Where in London are you watching? I would normally go to the Albion near Blackfriars, contacted them yesterday about booking a table for 1st game but girl I spoke to thought they were all booked up already, could just turn up as normal I suppose.

Half day for the first game and watch at home, golf club for the England game and then probably just at home with a few folk round for last game. 

Unless my bar in the garden is ready by then and it’ll be 3 x sellouts in there for each game 😂

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2021 at 2:19 PM, The Black Bra said:

Where in London are you watching? I would normally go to the Albion near Blackfriars, contacted them yesterday about booking a table for 1st game but girl I spoke to thought they were all booked up already, could just turn up as normal I suppose.

I booked the albion online mate. 4 of us meeting

If your on your own and you make it to the albion, feel free to PM me

On 5/19/2021 at 8:35 PM, ParisInAKilt said:

Same, I was 13 in 98 and as much as I’d love to watch the games live, I know others deserve it way more, and I’m still in Australia anyway. 

Probably fly to Melbourne for the England game and watch it with mates. Likely be watching the other 2 at mines, half steaming and kicking every ball. 

Where are you watching the game in Melbourne? I'm looking for a pub with a decent Scottish contingent, otherwise I'll just watch it at home. 

3 hours ago, fraz65 said:

Where are you watching the game in Melbourne? I'm looking for a pub with a decent Scottish contingent, otherwise I'll just watch it at home. 

The cross in St Kilda, I was coming from QLD but the way covid is now I’ll probably be watching in the house now. 

On 5/19/2021 at 6:18 PM, dandydunn said:

Half day for the first game and watch at home, golf club for the England game and then probably just at home with a few folk round for last game. 

Unless my bar in the garden is ready by then and it’ll be 3 x sellouts in there for each game 😂

Change of plan. I’ve booked 2 days off for the Czechs game now, just incase it gets out of hand.......

About 40 possibly more watching the first game in the Doghouse in Guernsey. Usually doesn’t open until 4pm on a Monday but they agreed to open at 1pm if we could guarantee 20. Many taking the whole day off and a few meeting for breakfast at 10.30 in a nearby hotel. Should be a good day. Expecting similar numbers for the England game when there will also be many English (and Guerns supporting England) fans in the same pub. 

• 2 weeks later...