Rangers players FTP - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers players FTP

With the video on twitter showing Rangers players celebrating by singing Sweet Caroline with FTP thrown in, do you think the SFA will investigate.

Its not clear from the video who is singing it but id expect the SFA to ask Rangers to provide names and then for those involved to get the same 10 game bans that Rangers were saying was insufficient for the Slavia Prague player.

Too long have things like this been swept under the carpet.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Diamond Scot said:

With the video on twitter showing Rangers players celebrating by singing Sweet Caroline with FTP thrown in, do you think the SFA will investigate.

Its not clear from the video who is singing it but id expect the SFA to ask Rangers to provide names and then for those involved to get the same 10 game bans that Rangers were saying was insufficient for the Slavia Prague player.

absolutely its time for the SFA/SPFL to hammer rangers but you have more chance of becoming King.

I've been saying it for weeks, Rangers as a club select the types of bigotry they don't like.

If it's the video I've seen on Twitter then I'm not sure how anyone can say that they can conclusively hear that being sung.  I can hear what sounds like the usual "doh doh doh" and not much else.  Given that we've got something like 2 Scottish players in our squad I'd be astonished if this is true.  I'd also be astonished if the likes of Gerrard (catholic), Goldson (catholic) and other senior members of the team and staff tolerated it for one second.  I'm pretty confident this is mud slinging.

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

If it's the video I've seen on Twitter then I'm not sure how anyone can say that they can conclusively hear that being sung.  I can hear what sounds like the usual "doh doh doh" and not much else.  Given that we've got something like 2 Scottish players in our squad I'd be astonished if this is true.  I'd also be astonished if the likes of Gerrard (catholic), Goldson (catholic) and other senior members of the team and staff tolerated it for one second.  I'm pretty confident this is mud slinging.

I can hear something that resembles “ftp” but to be honest, I couldn’t say for sure that’s what has been said. 

Listened 4 or 5 times and can’t be sure at all. 

Unless there’s clear evidence, then it’s a non story for me. 

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

I can hear something that resembles “ftp” but to be honest, I couldn’t say for sure that’s what has been said. 

Listened 4 or 5 times and can’t be sure at all. 

Unless there’s clear evidence, then it’s a non story for me. 

I've now seen 2 versions and on neither is it being sung.  There is apparently a very poorly dubbed fake version doing the rounds which will be, I'm sure, what people are jumping on.  If it was a supporters club or my garden party I'd believe it but not coming directly from the current crop of players.

1 hour ago, Diamond Scot said:

Its fake (two versions of the same video exist- second has been dubbed over). Seemingly first appeared on the same guys account that photoshopped the Rangers players on a night out during the first lock down (all with the same clothes on as a club function 18 months before, and including players that were no longer with the club). 

You've got to be careful with these things - especially with Rangers/Celtic involved.

Plus, its pretty sinister that a lot of folk on Twitter are trying to blame Kamara.

Just now, Stu101 said:

Its fake (two versions of the same video exist- second has been dubbed over). Seemingly first appeared on the same guys account that photoshopped the Rangers players on a night out during the first lock down (all with the same clothes on as a club function 18 months before, and including players that were no longer with the club). 

You've got to be careful with these things - especially with Rangers/Celtic involved.

Plus, its pretty sinister that a lot of folk on Twitter are trying to blame Kamara.

Does Kamara not cross himself when he comes on the park?  It might have been a bit more believable if they'd tried to finger Jack, McGregor or Davis!

1 minute ago, Fairbairn said:

Does Kamara not cross himself when he comes on the park?  It might have been a bit more believable if they'd tried to finger Jack, McGregor or Davis!

Yup. But thats the mentality of the people who come up with this nonsene- makes a better story if it is him. Quite a few of the more popular Celtic accounts on twitter trying to push it too, sadly.

13 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

No idea if its real. All I know is Jimmy Bell was in charge of the karaoke. Make of that what you will. 👀

Its not real. Unless two models of the exact same camera phone were filming at the extact same angle for the exact same length of time in the exact same same place, both attached to the exact same account, but only one had it microphone covered. 

21 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Im pleased if it is a fake. 

If it is then id expect Rangers to release something saying so. Or the SFA. 

Things like this cant just be left alone.

I'm not sure Rangers responding is the best idea.  There's likely pish like this on social media all the time, this one has just got a bit of traction because of the events of the weekend.

28 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Im pleased if it is a fake. 

If it is then id expect Rangers to release something saying so. Or the SFA. 

Things like this cant just be left alone.

Sadly, lots of things like these were circulating after the old firms games this season (the guy photoshopping rangers players into a picture of a night out being as a prime example). Most dont get any traction.

You would have to release 20 statements after each game to deal (which we could probably do to be fair :lol:)

Best ignored imo. These people want attention.

That response from Police Scotland is quite frankly ludicrous.  A quick scan of the video or even the social media commentary on it would have debunked it as the bullshit it so clearly is.  All that tweet does is add fuel to the fire.

1 minute ago, Fairbairn said:

All that tweet does is add fuel to the fire.

Correct, but if they just ignored it, they would add fuel to the fire, in these situations when certain OF fans are just thick as fuck, they can’t win. 

4 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Correct, but if they just ignored it, they would add fuel to the fire, in these situations when certain OF fans are just thick as fuck, they can’t win. 

So they could say we have reviewed the alleged incident, are satisfied it's fake and no further action is necessary.

9 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

So they could say we have reviewed the alleged incident, are satisfied it's fake and no further action is necessary.

That’ll come I’m sure, followed by 1000’s of tweets how the police are  all Hun bastards and they’ve let them away with it. 

People who don’t want to see it’s fake, won’t see that. 

Just look at the disappointment in ramys post, he’ll be raging it’s not super news.