Buying tickets process for euros - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Buying tickets process for euros

thesaint

Hello.Listen,i will be honest,bit old school,does anyone know what the exact process of buying tickets from uefa will be.I don't think there will be paper tickets,so will i have to download an app from uefa onto a phone to be able to get tickets and will i need to order the tickets with that phone as opposed to ordering on a laptop.Sorry if the question is stupid,but i rarely use a mobile and would hate to lose out on my tickets because of my ignorance on using mobile phones.cheers.

22 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Hello.Listen,i will be honest,bit old school,does anyone know what the exact process of buying tickets from uefa will be.I don't think there will be paper tickets,so will i have to download an app from uefa onto a phone to be able to get tickets and will i need to order the tickets with that phone as opposed to ordering on a laptop.Sorry if the question is stupid,but i rarely use a mobile and would hate to lose out on my tickets because of my ignorance on using mobile phones.cheers.

Hi There

Hopefully I can help.

You can order your ticket on a laptop - no problem at all. This is from the uefa ticket portal website. You’ll need to create an account to do this. You’ll access via an access code that the SSC will send you. 

Once your ticket is purchased you will receive an email of how these tickets will be “delivered”. By “delivered” they will be sent electronically and to get in to the ground you will need to show this ticket on your smart phone through the app. This will all be explained in the email.

I downloaded the app and the app is called “Euro 2020” and the menu has an option called “tickets” and I believe this is where our tickets will be delivered to.

If you need any direct links then give me a message and I can ping them over to you to help out.

I read the FAQs and I was surprised that a smart phone was needed to attend. Really alienating a large portion of our support. 

If i understand this correctly then you don't need the app to buy tickets as you can get into ticket portal via web browser, however, you will need the app in order to present your 'ticket' at the game. You need to create an account and add your passport no: and SSC no: prior to the tickets going on sale so make sure that you do that.

14 hours ago, GaryWood34 said:

Hi There

Hopefully I can help.

You can order your ticket on a laptop - no problem at all. This is from the uefa ticket portal website. You’ll need to create an account to do this. You’ll access via an access code that the SSC will send you. 

Once your ticket is purchased you will receive an email of how these tickets will be “delivered”. By “delivered” they will be sent electronically and to get in to the ground you will need to show this ticket on your smart phone through the app. This will all be explained in the email.

I downloaded the app and the app is called “Euro 2020” and the menu has an option called “tickets” and I believe this is where our tickets will be delivered to.

If you need any direct links then give me a message and I can ping them over to you to help out.

I read the FAQs and I was surprised that a smart phone was needed to attend. Really alienating a large portion of our support. 

Cheers mate.You explained the process very well.It is much appreciated as i wasn't sure what was required.I will download the euro 2020 app today.Don't think they realise that not every supporter is tech savvy,or probably they don't just don't care.Good to know there are people on the forum who are willing to help,unlike that idiot who replied initially to my post.Thanks again.

2 hours ago, thesaint said:

Cheers mate.You explained the process very well.It is much appreciated as i wasn't sure what was required.I will download the euro 2020 app today.Don't think they realise that not every supporter is tech savvy,or probably they don't just don't care.Good to know there are people on the forum who are willing to help,unlike that idiot who replied initially to my post.Thanks again.

Not a problem at all mate 

like I said - give me a shout if you need any links sent from the various things I mentioned.

Hopefully see you inside Hampden.

13 minutes ago, GaryWood34 said:

Not a problem at all mate 

like I said - give me a shout if you need any links sent from the various things I mentioned.

Hopefully see you inside Hampden.

I was a bit confused with the UEFA App as well. Filled in all the bits including passport number (no request for SSC number). Then it automatically asked for details of my bank account in the form of BIC number and IBAN number, which I've never heard of, in the event I was due a refund. A refund? I haven't paid for sod all yet. I opened another tab do a search on IBAN etc. By the time I returned to the UEFA app the page had changed. Hopefully I'm registered now. 

1 minute ago, losinkiltpins said:

I was a bit confused with the UEFA App as well. Filled in all the bits including passport number (no request for SSC number). Then it automatically asked for details of my bank account in the form of BIC number and IBAN number, which I've never heard of, in the event I was due a refund. A refund? I haven't paid for sod all yet. I opened another tab do a search on IBAN etc. By the time I returned to the UEFA app the page had changed. Hopefully I'm registered now. 

People are due refunds for the tickets they bought in the public sale which have now been cancelled. You don’t need to provide your bank details unless you are in that position. 

52 minutes ago, losinkiltpins said:

Where do I go to put in my passport number? I can’t find it