David Turnbull.. - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

David Turnbull..

Big Ramy 1314

With  Kenny McLean  looking  a doubt, I am seeing David Turnbull name mentioned alot now. What are your thoughts on him as a possible replacement, or joining the squad in general? 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

7 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

With  Kenny McLean  looking  a doubt, I am seeing David Turnbull name mentioned alot now. What are your thoughts on him as a possible replacement, or joining the squad in general? 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

He should be in the squad.

Someone said a month or so ago when I said that Gilmour, Turnbull and Gauld should be called up, that they were "left field" and "wild cards" selections.

All three should be nailed on, particularly Gauld and Gilmour.

Edited by Taylor1996

Guest ElChris04

Turnbull is an absolute must to make the final 26 man squad for me. An already fantastic young player and In a poor season for us at club level, he’s been a shining light, from his set pieces and all round attacking game he’s got so much going for him and will only get better.

Like with Gauld both can offer us something different in the final third and what better platform to showcase that than at their country’s first major tournament in 20+ years. 

Edited by ElChris04

He 100% should be in there (along with Patterson, Gauld & Gilmour), however he isn't a replacement for McLean. I don't think Turnbull has the defensive side to his game to play in our sitting CM's. For me he'd be further forward and be in the McGinn role. Gilmour would be the replacement for McLean.

It shouldn't even be a debate about Turnbull & the other 3 going, especially with the extra places. They should be there and tbh should've been called up in march. 

1 minute ago, GaryWood34 said:

Patterson - not good enough.

Turnbull - have seen him have 1/2 good games. Hasn’t won a big match yet at Celtic.

Callum Paterson maybe not. 

Nathan Patterson is our best available right back. 

I would definitely bring him into. Great vision, throws about a good solid pass, excellent with the ball at set pieces, and has an engine. He never stops running..  Bog thing he likes to do forward with the ball, no shy havin a go....🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿