UEFA. EURO2020 tickets cancelled !! - General Euro 2020 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

UEFA. EURO2020 tickets cancelled !!

Haggis_trap

So way back in 2019 I purchased tickets for the Hampden matches of Euro 2020.
These tickets were purchased in the first UEFA ballot long before Scotland had made the play-offs or qualified.
Obviously I hoped Scotland would qualify like everyone else.  Though would also have been happy to attend a random group game.

Anyway - UEFA have emailed this morning to cancel my tickets for Hampden.
Fairly pissed off...

- UEFA kept my money (400 euros)and the interest earned for 2 years
- As result of euro-£ exchange rate the refund is less than I paid
- UEFA still selling corporate tickets for these games at 2000-3000 a go.
- I need to tell 7 year old boy we are not going to Hampden even though fans allowed in.

I am in a similar situation. Absolutely gutted all my tickets have been cancelled. I have been lucky enough to have been at 5 out of the 6 matches Scotland were in at Euro 96 and France 98. 

My last chance is through the travel club but I am not holding out hope. 

So, I had my tickets cancelled today as well.

I wonder what will happen if the government can be persuaded to increase capacity?

UEFA state that cancellations would be completed before further sales to allow available numbers to be calculated but that is tosh. They decide what the allocations are and could determine the number to go to the SSC members. I wouldn't be surprised if an increased capacity were to be announced next week and I'd bet none of us will get tickets reinstated.

Cancelling tickets whilst corporate tickets remain unsold is downright wrong. Shoddy UEFA treating real fans appallingly again. Someone should organise a breakaway!!