Kieran Tierney back - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Kieran Tierney back

thesaint

18 hours ago, stirlish said:

He was supposed to be on the bench but a player was injured in the warm up.

He lasted 75 minutes, played well within himself, no bombing forward. 

Held back from a couple of challenges too - was shitting it all game because he barely looked 90% fit let alone ready for 75 minutes.  Nowt to play for now so hopefully he just nurses himself through the next few games.  

He's playing for a shite team. It's the first time in years since they've been in Europe. Tierney is better than mid table pish like arsenal. 

I'd like to see him at a top club 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

He's playing for a shite team. It's the first time in years since they've been in Europe. Tierney is better than mid table pish like arsenal. 

He should return to Celtic FC then..😉

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

They got to a europa league final 2 years ago. What are u talking about 

47 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Hi chripper, hiya pal.

So, every single newbie who engages with me, will be labelled chripper?

That'll be fun.

Are you going to stop harassing people?

But yeah, Arsenal are a massive club. Way bigger than Chelsea and Manchester City. You cant buy history.

1 minute ago, Taylor1996 said:

So, every single newbie who engages with me, will be labelled chripper?

That'll be fun.

Are you going to stop harassing people?

But yeah, Arsenal are a massive club. Way bigger than Chelsea and Manchester City. You cant buy history.

Who am I harassing chripper?

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

The dude hasn't even agreed with me half the time.

And now you're calling both of us Chripper?

You really need help.

This is the football section. The paranoid section is in your noggin.

Just now, Taylor1996 said:

The dude hasn't even agreed with me half the time.

And now you're calling both of us Chripper?

You really need help.

This is the football section. The paranoid section is in your noggin.

Back to sanity.

Missed 8 matches or not, Tiermey was one of Arsenal's best players. He came off with about 20 mins to go, because he ran himself into the ground.

As far as Arsenal as a football club goes. They're the 3rd biggest club in England. Without any doubt. They didn't pop up over night. They have legit history to back up their claim of being massive.

Their problem is that Arsene Wenger is still in their DNA. Before that, it was George Graham, but the transition of Graham to Wenger was a smooth one, as Wenger was world class.

In terms of former players managing the club that they played for, Arteta is less OGS, Guardiola and Zidane and more Frank Lampard.

Arteta will probably be gone in the summer.

1 minute ago, Taylor1996 said:

Back to sanity.

Missed 8 matches or not, Tiermey was one of Arsenal's best players. He came off with about 20 mins to go, because he ran himself into the ground.

As far as Arsenal as a football club goes. They're the 3rd biggest club in England. Without any doubt. They didn't pop up over night. They have legit history to back up their claim of being massive.

Their problem is that Arsene Wenger is still in their DNA. Before that, it was George Graham, but the transition of Graham to Wenger was a smooth one, as Wenger was world class.

In terms of former players managing the club that they played for, Arteta is less OGS, Guardiola and Zidane and more Frank Lampard.

Arteta will probably be gone in the summer.

They may have a history but Arsenal have fallen behind a lot of clubs in recent times which has now culminated in their first year without European football for almost two decades, they aren't the club they were.

I'd rather see Tierney at a club challenging at a higher level as I would any Scotland player, I believe Tierney is better than a club in disarray. 

By the way, Chelsea could win European Cup number two in a few weeks, not that I'll be watching but that will be 2 more European cups more than arsenal. man City could pass Arsenal's European trophy haul in a few weeks

Tierney is no doubt at a club with history and large boring fan base but he could be at a better club, I think he is good enough to play in any EPL side.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/kieran-tierney-spared-arsenal-fury-24056818

That pretty much says it all. Misses 8 matches and yet was busting a gut for 80 minutes.

He's proper old school.

And for people to say that Arsenel aren't massive must have memories like gold fish. Growing up, Arsenal were massive under George Graham and then Arsene Wenger completely flipped the script and turned Arsenal into a more expansive side.

However, I'd say that Wenger benefitted from the foundations set down by Graham (Seaman, Dixon, Keown/Bould, Adams and Winterburn). Without that foundation, Wenger would not have been as successful. 

It was the same when O'Leary took over from Graham at Leeds.

Edited by Taylor1996

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Hi chripper, hiya pal.

You didn't make ur post clear.  Now I understand what u meant. Me and Taylor are not the same. I am on here to listen to u Scots discuss football.  Personal abuse doesn't bother me in the slightest 

1 hour ago, roverboy said:

You didn't make ur post clear.  Now I understand what u meant. Me and Taylor are not the same. I am on here to listen to u Scots discuss football.  Personal abuse doesn't bother me in the slightest 

You don't have to explain the reason why you're here.

It's a public message board. People shouldn't have to explain why they're here and ask not to be harassed. 

The Tartan Army is supposed to be a friendly bunch, and we are, generally, there's just a minority of people here that are... strange.

Most of the people here are nice.

Just now, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Glad KT is back. Best LB in the world, and he is Scottish..🙂🙂🙂🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

He's the kind of player who could play in any outfield position and excel. He's that good.

It's only a matter of time till he's the Arsenal captain. 

Just now, Taylor1996 said:

He's the kind of player who could play in any outfield position and excel. He's that good.

It's only a matter of time till he's the Arsenal captain. 

For once we agree. The boy is brilliant, and some engine he has, and hard as fuckin nails. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

4 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

You don't have to explain the reason why you're here.

It's a public message board. People shouldn't have to explain why they're here and ask not to be harassed. 

The Tartan Army is supposed to be a friendly bunch, and we are, generally, there's just a minority of people here that are... strange.

Most of the people here are nice.

If roverboy is not another of your usernames, the poor guy will soon find out its you who's the strange one. You haven't shut the fuck up about a formation since you were chripper or tdk🤣

On 5/8/2021 at 8:07 AM, Malcolm said:

Aye tierney is good....   hopefully Patterson will be better!

Would be great to see both in the squad. It's nice to have options compared to where we were a few years ago. Just need a couple of better options at centre half and up front. 

One of a full  handful of top class players that will hopefully be around for a while. More importantly just for this next finals. Saying that as someone who took 98 for granted. 
Would be a travesty for him as a player to not be fit . My favourite clip I have seen of him was receiving a pair boots from the Celtic Nakamura player when he’s about 12.